British Speedway Forum

For those who have doubt in Žagar"s talent....he prove that he can not only ride well in Krško! He still need experiences but for his age briliant. We are the champions!!!!! And still to come.....

Crump- strong i think the man to beat this year!

Trick- he didn"t said the last world yet!

Greetings from Krško!

Nicholls has a huge mental problem and until he gets over it is never going to progress into the top level. He just doesn't believe he is good enough when it comes to the crunch races. You can predict before the semi he will not go through. He doesn't have the belief, which means he rides poorly and his gating in the big races is quite frankly appalling.

I'm not sure that it's a huge mental problem but I think you're close to the mark.

Great anticipation for the British fans as he sits at the tapes in the semi and then he forgets what you do as the tapes rise :unsure:

Edited by Rigsby

Just come back home.. This GP isn't worth a long comment. It was as boring as my train journey back to home...

Oh God, I'm out of competition because of Gollob and Niki  :blink:

It was bound to happen sooner or later.. :P:wink:

Edited by Mateusz

Rickardsson didn't look right at all. Something wrong there, but blaming his performance because of flu is bullsh*t.

Easy World title unfortunatly for the Ginger whinger.

Sorry - who was whinging? :blink:

Just come back home.. This GP isn't worth a long comment. It was as boring as my train journey back to home...

I agree. The most entertaining thing on display last night were the Reading adverts, complete with slobbering bulldogs!!

Good move by the Reading promotion, though, having Hancock and Zagar on the rostrum will have done them no harm either.

Easy World title unfortunatly for the Ginger whinger.

what world title is Shovlar going to win???

what world title is Shovlar going to win???

Judging by his comments on this thread, the worlds greatest hide and seek champion 2006 :lol:

what an earth is wrong with nicholls when he is in the semi finals, he just seems to lose all his belief and hope that he wil be get into the final, its like hes got "semifinalitis" seems to lose all confidence when hes on the line for the semi, cant understand it.

Predictable and boring GP I’m afraid, save Crumpies pass in the final. Predicable as Crump won and Trick floundered and boring due to racing on a track that offered little chance to entertain on.

Can’t see anyone taking the yellow bib off Crump even at this early stage. All his main challenges will have of night or screw up in the semis/final. The contest for the top eight will be where most of the interest lies this year. If Trick makes the top eight then ninth place will see you through to next year.

Trick this year doesn’t seem to have the technical edge he has enjoyed before. Thats the problem as at some point anybody can get hold of this or that gadget and it then even things up. From what I’ve seen so far he won’t get the rostrum place I had him down for.

I was genuinely shocked when Pedersen cocked it up in his semi. It would have made the final more interesting with the top three in there, but there’s always that likelihood that something will go pearshaped for him during the series. Hancock looked the real deal save for his desperate move on Bjarne whilst last.

The rest of the top eight just quietly went about their business in qualifying.

The bottom eight was filled with the usual suspects apart from Trick. Pepe, Bjarne and Richardson all probably aware it’s their last year in the GP’s and Lindback happy to be there and safe in the knowledge that he will be given a seeded stop next year. Modern day world championships eh.

So Crump sits top of the tree and that’s where he’ll stay, but with the next GP coming from Sweden, I’m sure all the Swedes taking part will be looking to raise their game at home and have a tilt at the People’s Champion.

Hope it’s a good one.

The rest of the top eight just quietly went about their business in qualifying.

The bottom eight was filled with the usual suspects apart from Trick. Pepe, Bjarne and Richardson all probably aware it’s their last year in the GP’s

That's more than a little unfair on Bjarne Pedersen. After all, he is wearing the No 6 race jacket this time around.

Crump had a super ride in the final, and looked dominant. You could argue that he was a touch fortunate that NP made a mistake in the semi, because for me he was the best rider on show, however, Crump has had a lot of bad luck in the GP's over the years, so perhaps things are beginning to even themselves out. Congratulations to him.

TRick just didn't look interested, if he's to go out with a bang he'll really need to up his game next time.

Hancock looked very fast, and although there can be no doubt that he was rightly excluded when he took Bjarne off, he deserves credit for the fact he was clearly trying his hardest to avoid him.

Antonio just couldn't get out of the gate, and with the track as it was you couldn't afford to not be making starts. I'm sure he'll get it right next time.

Bjarne started off slow, but began to pick it up a bit later, frankly though he never really looked like making the semis

KK gave a fair account of himself given the fact it was a one off wild card appearance.

Nicholls started off well, but let nerves get the better of him in the form of a tapes exclusion. Owes KK a pint or two.

Lee Richardson started slow and got slower. Showed what he is capable of in his last ride but by then it was too little too late. He really needs to pick it up if he's to continue his GP career next year.

Hya Tomaz!

Do you have the heat-times from Wroclaw as well ?

It was bound to happen sooner or later..  :P  :wink:

I don't know what you mean :P But hey, just imagine what would happen with both of them getting into final, simultaneously with Trick and Adams not doing it. Half of the forum member put points on them. I'd be a star. I'd be... :blink::wink:

I`d like to thanks to all people I met in Wroclaw`s SGP:

Tommy, RICO, HENRY_W, and the others people from UK :)

It was nice to meet you again, and meet You all toghreter :)

If anybody would like to see the Wroclaw`s pics [not only from stadium :)] write me PM or here: lorens@wp.pl with Pics from Wroclaw`s SGP as a topic :)

Cheers, and C U in Bydgoszcz :D for the final SGP of the season