British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
robpeasley

Rickardsson - How Does He Get A Farewell Meeting?

............ and to think my mother used to try and teach me if I couldn't say something nice about someone then best to say nothing at all.  :sad:

Are you trying to close 90% of this forum down? :D

Well, he's not too popular with some of the Ippo fans I've spoken to, so maybe that's why!!!  And the Lynn fans don't seem to like him either - seems Mr. Rickardsson is only loved at Poole, where the fans have turned a blind eye to his selfish, individual ways.

All the best

Rob Peasley

You write more rubbish than anyone I have ever seen on here. Remind me of where Tony stands in the EL averages for his time at Oxford.

As for his supposed selfish ways with your team. Maybe if certain members of your team didn't think that 'they knew it all' they would have got more benefit of his time with the team.

Maybe if certain members of your team didn't think that 'they knew it all' they would have got more benefit of his time with the team.

Can you expand on that please BWitcher?

Strange that now Todd has arrived, there is no problem with the riders, who according to BWitcher, know it all.

How odd that they let Todd help them but not Tony. Maybe because Tony never offered to help them and doesn't give a rat's a**e about anyone but himself, maybe??

All the best

Rob

Never mind Rob, I am sure that by the end of the season youo will have purchased a TRick cap and be cheering the worlds greatest ever rider onto a record breaking 7th title.

Get a life Rob Peahead. Your constant snipes at the greatest rider ever are pathetic and the reason why Oxford fans are not getting any sympathy. Some of the rubbish they have been spouting about Trick has been laughable.

If you want to blame someone for your pathetic start to the season then look at a certain rider in your team at the moment.

Tony will go down as the greatest Rob and that gets under your skin. Get over it. His time at Oxford will be an irrelevance to all but a few like you when looking back on his career.

I guessed before I read your post that you'd go against the grain on this one Chris ;)

Strange that now Todd has arrived, there is no problem with the riders, who according to BWitcher, know it all.

How odd that they let Todd help them but not Tony.  Maybe because Tony never offered to help them and doesn't give a rat's a**e about anyone but himself, maybe??

All the best

Rob

Is Todd the captain of your team? If so, that is his job.

Remind me, was Tony captain? No I don't think so, so all your blubber about it being 'what was expected' is obviously not correct.

Guest schumifan
Is Todd the captain of your team? If so, that is his job.

Remind me, was Tony captain? No I don't think so, so all your blubber about it being 'what was expected' is obviously not correct.

No he's not - David is :rolleyes:

sorry Poole fans, Lucifer Sam is right only a selfish person would walk out on the supporters and sponsers after signing on for the season . remember he only rode for 6 weeks then pissed off . just think of the comments by some if it had jason or nicki, they would have been hung by now.

Surely if a promoter wants to give someone a 'farewell meeting' that is his decision and a qualifying period or whatever is not required.

There are many people who would like to attend TR's farewell and so be it.

Attendance at these meetings is not compulsary!!

I have no desire to attend myself & I agree that his treatment of British Speedway is shoddy, however the record book will show that TR won 6 (poss 7) world championships and has earned a modicum of respect for his efforts.

Colin :)

Well I have no intention of attending Rickardsson's farewell meeting. Not out of any principle, more the fact that it is too far away and I dont generally go to these meetings anyway. That said I wish him well and have no problem with the meeting.

However if supporters are looking to boycott meetings then I suggest they choose not to attend any matches at Sandy Lane in which Todd Wiltshire takes part. After taking his farewell meeting money he has no right to be competing at all and his presence in the league brings further shame on our sport.

However if supporters are looking to boycott meetings then I suggest they choose not to attend any matches at Sandy Lane in which Todd Wiltshire takes part. After taking his farewell meeting money he has no right to be competing at all and his presence in the league brings further shame on our sport.

What utter, utter, tosh. (jeez. I am actually responding to this!! I must be daft!!)

From the few matches that Todd has ridden, it would appear that the vast majority of Speedway fans have welcomed his return! Certainly the Coventry fans applauded him on his return to Cowley, as most fair minded forumers have.

I cannot see how you can use Todd Wiltshire and 'further shame on our sport' in the same paragraph.

Colin :(

What utter, utter, tosh. (jeez. I am actually responding to this!! I must be daft!!)

From the few matches that Todd has ridden, it would appear that the vast majority of Speedway fans have welcomed his return! Certainly the Coventry fans applauded him on his return to Cowley, as most fair minded forumers have.

I cannot see how you can use Todd Wiltshire and 'further shame on our sport' in the same paragraph.

Colin  :(

What strange people you Oxford lot are. Rob Peasley suggests boycotting a meeting for the greatest rider the sport has known who despite averaging well in excess of 9 points a match seems to be the carrying the can for Oxfords dismal start to the season.

On the other hand a rider who charged 1000s of fans for the so called privilidge of seeing his last rides on these shores, and it is now clear they did not get what they paid for, is welcomed back as the saviour when the reality is he is nothing more than a fraud.

What strange people you Oxford lot are. Rob Peasley suggests boycotting a meeting for the greatest rider the sport has known who despite averaging well in excess of 9 points a match seems to be the carrying the can for Oxfords dismal start to the season. 

On the other hand a rider who charged 1000s of fans for the so called privilidge of seeing his last rides on these shores, and it is now clear they did not get what they paid for, is welcomed back as the saviour when the reality is he is nothing more than a fraud.

Yeah alright whatever you say :rolleyes:

Colin :rolleyes:

when the reality is he is nothing more than a fraud.

Rather a dodgy accuation to make.

Would like to see you say that his his face.