British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
robpeasley

Rickardsson - How Does He Get A Farewell Meeting?

It makes not one iota what certain OXO fans and a few other TRick haters ( the usual cronies) think. Poole will be busting at the seams for TRicks farewell, the last chance to see the sports greatest ever rider in the UK.

With the WTC final the previous night, there will be hundreds of foriegners over who will be making a B line for Wimborne Road for this event. Add the Poole fans in and we haven't got any more room for anyone else anyway!!

TRick is a hero to 99% of Poole fans and nothng Rob P and  a few others on here will change that. Sorry but thats the truth and TRick will get a fantastic sendoff from the thousands crammed into Poole Speedway to say bye.

A few quid to be made all round then or maybe im just bitter and cynical because a man like Stevie Lawson never got a farewell meeting the kind of rider who deserved a proper send off

A few quid to be made all round then or maybe im just bitter and cynical because a man like Stevie Lawson never got a farewell meeting the kind of rider who deserved a proper send off

Can't argue with that MJF - If anyone deserved a farewell meeting Stevie did.

Now, did you know "Merve the Swerve" had a skid at Pioneer Park, Queensland last Week????

Well remember the first ever meeting at Blantyre and Merve's somewat erratic racing lines that night! scared the life out of dear old Jack Cuthbert who was timekeeping from the centre green! LOL

Can't argue with that MJF - If anyone deserved a farewell meeting Stevie did.

Now, did you know "Merve the Swerve" had a skid at Pioneer Park, Queensland last Week????

Well remember the first ever meeting at Blantyre and Merve's somewat erratic racing lines that night!  scared the life out of dear old Jack Cuthbert who was timekeeping from the centre green! LOL

That doesnt surprise me Bryn the wee man turned up at Ashfield a couple of seasons ago and he didnt look a day over 21 he was my first speedway hero and it was probably those erratic lines and spectacular style that got me hooked as a 6 year old that first season at Blantyre

Its tricks fault that wagstaff went skint,owed half the team cash and went under in 2005.

Its tricks fault that lanzilla had to buy riders that every other team discarded.

Its tricks fault that oxford couldnt win a match til they turned the track in to a motox track.

Is there anything else that i have forgotten ron weasely??????????,you really are something else.

Its just circumstances and you as usual put the boot in to the wrong person.David howe,davey watt,skornicki,tomicek,anderrson,pietrasko,these are all totally blameless,i suppose,grow up for christs sake!!!

Ruckerroo,

And at what stage did anyone try to blame Rickardsson for all that??? Have you actually bothered to read the thread? Though not.

I was just pointing out that Rickardsson has hardly given much to British Speedway, only when it suited him.

And when he has been over here, it's been for his benefit, not for the clubs that he's rode for.

He's just a rather selfish individual out on the racetrack, who completely infuriated myself (and quite a few others) during his spell at Cowley.

It was a tough year for Oxford anyway, if Rickardsson was in or not. But I'm actually enjoying the Speedway at Oxford this year, we're seeing great racing at a great racetrack, and the meetings at home are very close affairs, whether we win them or not. Maybe you should pop along a bit more, far superior to the stuff you'll see at Reading, where the riders need dirt detectors rather than defelectors.

All the best

Rob

At least you can blame him for your current lowly position in the BSF GP competition young chap.

Subedei,

You're not wrong - 700 credits I had on him.

Bl**dy Rickardsson!!! :D :D

All the best

Rob

Ruckerroo,

And at what stage did anyone try to blame Rickardsson for all that???  Have you actually bothered to read the thread?  Though not.

I was just pointing out that Rickardsson has hardly given much to British Speedway, only when it suited him.

And when he has been over here, it's been for his benefit, not for the clubs that he's rode for.

He's just a rather selfish individual out on the racetrack, who completely infuriated myself (and quite a few others) during his spell at Cowley.

It was a tough year for Oxford anyway, if Rickardsson was in or not.  But I'm actually enjoying the Speedway at Oxford this year, we're seeing great racing at a great racetrack, and the meetings at home are very close affairs, whether we win them or not.  Maybe you should pop along a bit more, far superior to the stuff you'll see at Reading, where the riders need dirt detectors rather than defelectors.

All the best

Rob

If you bother to read any oxford threads,ron,you will see that i have attended several oxford fixtures this year.I expressed great enjoyment at the home win over coventry where the team were excellent.

The track ,apart from the odd exception has been pretty good,the fact still remains that your constant sniping at rickarrsdon instead of things closer to home is a 1,000,000% out of order..

By the way,i,like yourself would like to see the reading circuit have more dirt and more moisture,unfortunately its like teaching old dogs new tricks where our trackstaff are concerned.

But I'm actually enjoying the Speedway at Oxford this year, we're seeing great racing at a great racetrack, and the meetings at home are very close affairs, whether we win them or not.  Maybe you should pop along a bit more, far superior to the stuff you'll see at Reading, where the riders need dirt detectors rather than defelectors.

I'm getting sick of people like yourself commenting on what you think makes a good race track. "Let's have loads of dirt on the track. Pile it on knee deep - that'll make for great racing."

WRONG as usual Ron.

You have this obsession about slick tracks and how Oxford is always so much better. I'll be the first to admit that the Smallmead track could still be a lot better, but give me Smallmead any day to the disgrace we all had to put up with on Good Friday at Cowley.

Also don't forget it takes two teams or riders to make a good track or meeting. If you are judging Smallmead this year on that performance your beloved Oxford put in on Good Friday, then it proves (as suspected), you know nothing about speedway, despite your many years as a supporter.

I think most will agree here, that passing in a league match generally comes from the home team overtaking the away riders (with the odd exception of course).

Now which of that dreadful team you put out at Reading on that Friday evening did you actually expect to have the ability to overtake a Reading rider?

On the rare occasions Reading riders were outgated they managed to overtake the Oxford rider (Rickardsson being the expection).

The reason the Oxford riders didn't overtake Reading riders is that they were/ are inferior (note your league position).

Not exactly rocket science.

Also I'm all for a bit of Rickardsson baiting, but to blame TRick for everything bad at Oxford this year is a bit sad.

The reason you are bottom of the league is the fact that you are tracking the worst assembled top flight team since the Kings Lynn teams of the mid 1980's (possibly worst). It don't matter what TRick would have done or said to that lot whilst he was at Cowley, he could never have made them winners.

Ruckerroo,

It's not really constant sniping anymore, the post you were responding to was a few weeks old!! :D

Yes, obviously the Oxford team is still struggling a bit at times - and the home loss to Belle Vue was a bitter pill to slow, given that the Aces were attacking the track much more than the home team.

But, on the whole, despite the fact that several of the team have been struggling (at times, badly strguggling), I believe that the current team are committed to Oxford Speedway and will try to help each other on the track.

Whereas Rickardsson, well if you've been at several meetings at Cowley this year, then you'll have seen it, the barging aside of team-mates, the sudden drop in performance as the No.1 bike is put into storage, etc.

It was totally infuriating - and it's what caused my posts on here.

However, it's in the past, and as long as you don't respond to my posts from weeks ago, I'm stop posting on the subject as I've got nothing new to say on the matter.

All the best

Rob

Liesdale,

No, the Good Friday track was the exception to the norm at Oxford this year, caused by rain in the morning (it's more usual for daytime meetings to be slick!!).

The Oxford track has, in general, had less dirt on it this year, and it's on these ocassions where the racing has been very, very good, i.e. the home meetings to Ipswich, Peterborough and Coventry, etc.

Against Belle Vue, when it tipped it down at 6.00pm and the track was heavier, the racing was less good.

However, there's a gulf between the Oxford track with less dirt on it and the current state of the Reading track, which I've witnessed twice this year - one on Sky and once in the flesh. There's nothing on the Smallmead track at all and this makes passing almost impossible. And this seems to be the norm - I know people who went to Reading v Peteroborough and reported an awful slick track with only two passes all night. Is this the sort of track you're defending??

I certainly know which track I'd rather see racing at - and it isn't Reading!!

As for blaming all Oxford's ills on Rickardsson, as I've already said to Ruckerroo, at which point have I done this??? Honestly, you people at Reading don't read what others have actually said before posting. I'm NOT blaming Rickardsson for everything - BUT he was absolutely infuriating while he was riding for us.

All the best

Rob

May i please make something clear regarding Oxford`s team this year. So nobody will suffer any illusions to why Oxford are not doing to well at the moment.

Mr Aaron Lanney, came to Oxford at rather a late stage during the winter. Rumours that was banded about earlier (around the end of last season) was at that time just a rumour. And Aaron (Mr Lanney) did not actually purchase Oxford Speedway for quite a while after that. December i think, but i may be wrong there.

In terms of finding riders to race for Oxford. Riders like Tomasz Gollob and Co were contacted, but unfortunatly for whatever reason they were unavailable to come to Oxford. Other riders that did move onto other teams had already reached advanced stages in their talks with the respective clubs. Or had already signed deals. So Oxford went with the best we could find at the time. It would be disrespectful of me of our present riders, to say that we had what was left over. Because they all give 100% for Oxford. Without an out and out number one it has made their job alot harder, but there is no one available. So all us Oxford fans must get behind our boys and give them 100% support to lift their spirits. And to let them know that they are doing us proud.

Tony Rickardsson was a mistake. Aaron, and us supporters were led on to beleive he was a team player. But has it turned out he was not.

And finally if you took the league and turned it upside down, we (Oxford) would be winning the league by a mile!! :)

Edited by Private Dancer

Hopefully mr Lanney will do better for you next season. having said that I was at Reading as a neiutral suporter & was impressed by the racing that night although the score wasn't close!