British Speedway Forum

Guest schumifan

Horrific crash. It's always shocking when a rider is badly injured - just hope he gets better soon. Please keep us updated.

May we also send our thoughts out to his team mate who I would assume is also very shaken by this incident. Best wishes to you both.

Any updates on Rafal? :unsure:

It's hard to say anything 100% reliable right now. There was a surgery last friday (at Tarnow's hospital) but Rafal doesn't want to say anything publicly, so we don't know anything (and by "we" I mean suppporters, media, etc.)

It's hard to say anything 100% reliable right now. There was a surgery last friday (at Tarnow's hospital) but Rafal doesn't want to say anything publicly, so we don't know anything (and by "we" I mean suppporters, media, etc.)

Thanks for the info Champion.

Just seen this thread

What a shocker!

I was sent the film of the crash via internet. I saw the originator today who has no further info ...

Does anyone have any news on Rafal?

Rafal returned to his home a few days ago. He was considering leaving Poland to start treatment somewhere abroad, but decided to stay in Poland, with some expert from Bydgoszcz to take care about him.

He's going to be cured with device called "Magstim", designed for magnetic stimulation of nerves and muscles. So far he has about 20% of the money needed for rehabilitation, and there are some bank accounts that anyone can donate money.

Unfortunatelly it is said, that spinal cord is damaged, but also Rafal said that sometimes he is able to feel when doctor touches his leg with some sharp instrument, so there's still hope.

Incredible to hear that Rafal won the gold medal in a handcycling event at Brands Hatch in the Paralympics

Incredible to hear that Rafal won the gold medal in a handcycling event at Brands Hatch in the Paralympics

Former F1 driver Alex Zanardi also won a Gold at the cycling after losing Both legs in a track crash,Its great to see these guys living life to the full under such great adversity .Like you say incredible .

Rafal finished behind Alex Zanardi last year in New York marathon on handcycle really nice to see him do that him do that.