British Speedway Forum
Rob S.

World U21 Qualifier (sheffield).

From British-speedway.co.uk:

BRITS GET VALUABLE TRACK TIME

GREAT Britain's youngsters will have extra practice at Sheffield ahead of the World Under-21 qualifier at Owlerton next Sunday, May 14 (6pm).

Steve Boxall, who faces a race against time to be fit, Lewis Bridger and James Wright will all be invited for practice after Sheffield's Pirtek Cup clash with King's Lynn on Thursday.

Co-promoter Neil Machin said: "We are doing everything we can to help our boys go through."

LINE-UP: Rene Van Weele (Holland), Chris Holder (Australia), Steve Boxall (GB), Andrew Aldridge (New Zealand), Matt Tressarieu (France), Adrian Miedzinski (Poland), Troy Batchelor (Australia), Ruslan Gatiyatov (Russia), Lewis Bridger (GB), Hynek Stichauer (Czech Rep), Karol Zabik (Poland), James Wright (GB), Marat Gatiyatov (Russia), Skyler Greyson (USA), Martin Vaculik (Slovakia), Kyle Legault (Canada).

Good luck to all the GB boys.

Edited by Rob S.

Is an airfence going to be employed for this meeting does anyone know?

You know, you really should change your username.  :D

CLASSIC!

:D

looks good for the Brits in this one i'd say.

If it's 8 through and a reserve i'd say Holder, Boxall (if he's fit), Tressarieu, Miedzinski, Batchelor, Bridger, Zabik and Wright in no particular order with Legault as the winner. Wright could struggle as I don't think he goes well at Sheffield and he looked well off the pace at Lynn last week.

I don't know anything about Marat Gatiyatov, Rene Van Weele, Martin Vaculik or Ruslan Gatiyatov apart from that they've been in World U-21 qualifiers before :D

Andrew Alridge (2006 New Zealand U-21 Champion), Skyler Greyson (2005 US U-21 Champion) and Hynek Stichauer (Top performer in Czech League) seem to have some pedigree but I'd fancy the riders listed at the top.

I will most likely be totally wrong though and the unknowns will storm it!

EDIT: Anyone know what happened to Andreas Messing and Leon Madsen this year?

Edited by tom.hare

I reckon, that Kyle is in with a good chance for this meeting, but watching Bridger last night on Sky I think the Sheffield track will suit his style of riding.

practice after Sheffield's Pirtek Cup clash
Hardly of much use on a track that wont resemble a freshly prepared one.

Smacks more of PR than anything.

Hardly of much use on a track that wont resemble a freshly prepared one.

Smacks more of PR than anything.

Why do you always have to pull Sheffield down, this is a genuine plan to try and help the boys, surely they realise that the track will be a bit different, but for somebody like Bridger who has never seen the track before surely this will help.

Can anyone from Sheffield thanks be able to find out for us if this meeting will be filmed thanks for purchase on dvd or tape any help would be appreciated by us Aussie forum members thanks no worries.

Not sure but will try and find out, my gut feeling is that there will not be any filming.

Our main texters are unable to make it to this meeting, is there anyone who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so, could you please either leave a message here or send me an email or pm.

Thanks

Can someone tell me how the reserve riders are chosen for this meeting. I see in the speedway star that Jason King and Ben Barker are the reserves. JK I can understand he did finish 6th and had a really good night marred by bike problems at the tapes before his first race, but BB finished 11th!!