British Speedway Forum

Guest schumifan
No, another rider (who according to some[one] is already in the world's top eight riders) has also managed to score five 0s in a GP. And it wasn't that long ago. In fact, it was at Bydgoszcz last season, when Richardson finished second.

Now, name that rider.

Wouldn't be Shovvy's other favourite rider would it? ;)

No, another rider (who according to some[one] is already in the world's top eight riders) has also managed to score five 0s in a GP. And it wasn't that long ago. In fact, it was at Bydgoszcz last season, when Richardson finished second.

Now, name that rider.

ANTONIO LINBACK.....

and very nearly made twice at the last gp

Lee was absolutely rubbish last night! Five 0s! Dont think anyone has had that in a GP! Oh well! Doubt he will be in it next year!  :D

And whom would you like to be in his place then!! Or dare i not ask..

Machinery? Doubt it. Don't think he was mentally at the races last night. Didn't look like he believed he'd score, so he was beaten before he started. We know he can do much better, but he's also shown he can be his own worst enemy. Quite seriously, I think it's time the lad employed a sports psychologist to overcome his mental block. He's got to believe he can win first. :blink:

"I think it's time the lad employed a sports psychologist to overcome his mental block.  He's got to believe he can win first. :blink:

Agreed!

Surely Nicholls is in greater need of such a creature. He just never recovered from his tapes exclusion last night. And he always bows out in the semis. Richardson always struggles to make the semis, but if he gets there, he makes the final.

Had to laugh at Ermolenko's comments regarding BV 'not being a good track for Steady to be riding at week in, week out', or words to that effect...!

:blink:

Since coming to BV Steady has now mastered our track and throwing in consistently high scores, home and away!  Just coz you can't ride Kirky Lane Sam...!

:rolleyes:  :D

Agreed Abs and Ace # 56.2

I think he made more than one negative remark about Steady cw BV ... if I didn't know he was a safe asset, I'd be wondering if the Bulldogs had their eyes on him !

And whom would you like to be in his place then!! Or dare i not ask..

Dont care as long as Lee isnt in it :D:lol:

Lee Richardson is fast becoming the new Andy Smith of the GP series. The demise of British speedway can be traced back to mad cow disease destroying the grass track scene, the breeding ground for many a star. :cry:

But Andy Smith kept qualifying through the GP Challenge for those that did not automatically qualify plus those that successfully battled through from the old World Championship Qualifying system. He earned his place unlike Lee Richardson.

Edited by barrow boy

Surely Nicholls is in greater need of such a creature. He just never recovered from his tapes exclusion last night. And he always bows out in the semis.

why shouldn't he bow out in the semis, it's all he talks about getting to.

i suppose once he's there the fight has gone.

one day someone will tell him he needs to make the final as thats where the points are :rolleyes:

Richardson is a confusing rider. He certainly can do it, and I would bank on him coming from rank outsider at some meeting soon and getting in the final.

I'm not saying he hasn't got problems, and maybe his whole game doesn't warrant his inclusion in the GP - I just think on his day, with the right head, he can do the job.

As for HA. Remember the Poole SWC Final and look no further as to why he isn't there. He ruined the entire day and the boys that run the sport will not forget that in a hurry.

Edited by Brightonbob

Richardson is a confusing rider.  He certainly can do it, and I would bank on him coming from rank outsider at some meeting soon and getting in the final.

I feel that too. I figured he was definitely worth a 10p E/W bet at 100-1 on Saturday (last of the big spenders I am), and will be next time too if the odds remain like that.