British Speedway Forum

Have never seen so many errors in one post.........

A total disgrace to the sport this year? Even his own fans were disappointed at his outings this season

Ditching the GP´s like that? We all paid good money to see TRick in his last GP series, even took my little lad to Cardiff for the first time £40.00 for his ticket only for TRick to let him and other fans down, even Mr Shovlar (TRicks biggest fan) wasn't sporting his usual Rickardsson hat!

Crump..dominant? Not sure where you have been this season but I really think that Jason dominated the GP series this year his only real contest was Greg Hancock and Leigh Adams

Count the GP points Crump v Hans where both has participated this year!Who mentioned bloody Bacon Balls!!!! The post you have quoted is about Rickardsson and a mention of Jason Crump not Hans Andersen  :rolleyes:

BTW...Tony will never "crawl back" into Speedway again....... Never, say never if he did decide to return to speedway he'd have some major crawling to do to get his fan base back

I will watch his final lap on his hometrack 3rd of October. Good for you, if it was anything like his meetings here it will be his one and only lap

We will be a big crowd saying goodbye to the best rider ever.Bit like every crowd that turned out all season to say farewell to him at different tracks around the UK only to be disappointed with his performance

Many of the posters knowledge of Speedway on this forum

are obviously very very low...... and...... Mr Rickardssons respect for the paying public is very very low as well.

Don't come on here expecting people to be praising TRick for everything he has ever done for speedway. Up until this season he had a lot of admirers he will always be respected for being 6 times "joint" World Title holder the other being Ivan Mauger he never gave up trying in his last season did he? Even today Ivan still does things for speedway, didn't just retire walk away from the sport, he stayed within and comes back as often as is possible somehow I can't see TRick being voted President of the VSRA sorry WSRA in the near future can you? :unsure:

I went to Ivan Mauger's "Farewell to Scotland" meeting at Powderhall way back in - I think - 1985. A four team tournament with all the riders, including the likes of Gundersen (then world champion), showing up. And Shawn Moran, excluded for some reason from riding in the main meeting, made two attempts at the track record. That's how much he wanted to be there.

Compare that to TR's damp squibs. Gollob shuffles off to Poland after the Poles are defenestrated from the SWC, but hopes to be at the Tarnow meeting. But he isn't there. And TR seemingly can't manage to get a couple of 7 man teams to race for him - each side had a rider absent.

Looks like a few in speedway have already forgotten TR and moved on.

Mauger is the man of speedway no doubt. Never afraid to upset, a professional and right to claim he would have won 10 world championships with the GP system.