British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Hazzman

Polish Golden Helmet

Holta beeing... I'd better will not end this sentence...

Let me just translate yeterday's program of the meeting:

Robert Gesiarz - the manager of Rune Holta - claims, that Rune is not going to go after his place in qualifications as a Pole. He's going to ride as a Norwegian

I've been always saying that his Polish citizenship is just a crap, made only for money (he was able to ride as a Pole when foreigners were limited in our league).

Same old, same old. I bet when it comes to riding for the Lions, he will be back Polish.

Same old, same old. I bet when it comes to riding for the Lions, he will be back Polish.

Doesn't ride for Czestochowa now - moved, amid much rancour, to Rzeszow during the winter.

I've been always saying that his Polish citizenship is just a crap, made only for money (he was able to ride as a Pole when foreigners were limited in our league).

Champion, why don't you see the other side of a coin.

In my view - and that is the other side of a coin :-) - it was not Holta who begged for the Polish passport. It was the Czestochowa club who wanted him as a Pole.

I would even say that it was not Holta who wanted to be in Poland's last year World Cup squad, but Poland's speedway bosses who felt that with Rune in their side Poland stood bigger chance of lifting the Cup. And so they were proved right, but - in my opinion - Poland would win it anyway, with or without Holta. The stink however remains.

Ekstraliga fixtures: http://www.sportowefakty.pl/index.php?dysc...00&dzial_id=358

As for Bydgoszcz. The best option to get from the railway station (Bydgoszcz Glowna) to the stadium is in my opinion taking a taxi. Polish taxis are not that expensive as the ones here  :P so it should be a quick and cheap ride for you.

A must watch match is also Torun v Bydgoszcz (18 June), the next battle of the most famous holy war in a speedway world. And if you get to the stadium there in Torun about 1 hour before the meeting you'll get a chance watch something incredible over the stadium. I cannot say anything more as that's definitely classified information..  (guys from Torun may check this forum) B)

Yeah I'm going to the Torun match too - I'm assuming you could give me directions from the nearest station again ? (Feel free to pm me with the 'top secret' information !)

Thanks again mate !

Cheers.

Holta beeing... I'd better will not end this sentence...

Let me just translate yeterday's program of the meeting:

Robert Gesiarz - the manager of Rune Holta - claims, that Rune is not going to go after his place in qualifications as a Pole. He's going to ride as a Norwegian

I've always been a fan of Rune and supported his riding for Poland in World Cup last year. My understanding was that he felt it would improve his standing with the GP organisers if he rode well in such an event. If he now reverts back to being Norwegian, I think most people will see it as a cynical move and he would lose a lot of goodwill. Having said that I do feel he is one of the top 15 in the world and is worthy of GP status.

Yeah I'm going to the Torun match too - I'm assuming you could give me directions from the nearest station again ? (Feel free to pm me with the 'top secret' information !)

Thanks again mate !

Cheers.

Gorgel - maybe you want to watch both meetings with Polonia Bydgoszcz Net F@ns?? :) Think about that... And let me know

Gorgel - maybe you want to watch both meetings with Polonia Bydgoszcz Net F@ns?? :) Think about that... And let me know

What and go in 'THE CAGE'?!?!?

Yeah sure thing mate. My bro is a bit of a Czestochowa fan, but I'm sure I can talk him into it !

Champion, why don't you see the other side of a coin.

Becouse there are always two sides needed to make a deal, and Holta was the one talking (at the beggining) a lot of crap about beeing connected with Poland, etc.
If he now reverts back to being Norwegian

Oh no, he doesn't revert now, becouse he has never forgotten abut beeing Norwegian. Let me just quote Holta's interview about 2 years ago:

"I really hope that my riding will bring a lot of splendour for Norway". :)

And where are all of his health problems (he was even supposed to be hospitalized), while he was riding yesterday in Lotos Cup in Gdansk ? :)

GKSZ Have got to go with Kolodziej, deny Poland's 3rd best rider and future world championship a spot at joining the circus  :blink:

Qualified riders (this is official):

Tarnow - 8.07.2006

6. Janusz Kolodziej

13. Wieslaw Jagus

16. Sebastian Ulamek

Zarnovica - 9.07.2006

4. Piotr Protasiewicz

15. Robert Kosciecha

:)

Edited by Champion