British Speedway Forum

Absolutely gutted for Antonio. Twice in a week he is leading in a final when the race is stopped. Admittedly Hancock rode superbly in the final but that shows his experience. Anton will do well to learn from him.

A great ride and a great victory for a truely deserving rider!

Thats the 2nd time that poor antonio has been 1st and they have had to re-run it n then he ends up cumin 2nd!! Poor guy!! He put so much effort into tonight, hopefully he will put just as much effort in his riding at poole on thursday!

Was it a poor decision by the ref should it have been all four back in the final ?

Forgot to mention that Hancock shouldn't have even been in the final. In his semi it was clear to see that both wheels went over the white line on the second bend. Really suprised more wasn't made of it by Zagar.

Absolutely gutted for Antonio. Twice in a week he is leading in a final when the race is stopped. Admittedly Hancock rode superbly in the final but that shows his experience. Anton will do well to learn from him.

You can make an issue that the race was called back when Lindback was in front, but he also had a fair lead in the re-run as well.

I thought Kjastas Puodzuks (they spelt his name wrong all night :angry::P ) rode well for his points tonight and was never off the pace. Well done. :)

Is there a water drought in Latvia at the moment? That track looked like it hadn't been watered all day! Can't understand how it could be so deep for practise and then like concrete on race day. Good job the base rutted up else it would of been follow the leader.

I thought Kjastas Puodzuks (they spelt his name wrong all night  :angry:  :P ) rode well for his points tonight and was never off the pace. Well done.  :)

Apart from not getting off the track when he fell!

...and there was more overtaking this evening than when I went to Poole, or Reading this season, THEY were awful meetings, this GP wasn't.

Nah that's just cos your lot were crap that night. :P

Tonight got better - I've seen worse. Felt sorry for Antonio but that was a mistake down to inexperience, you could see what Hancock was trying to do riding the wide line. as soon as he goaded Anton off the inside, he snuck down the gap. He's young, he'll learn.

Good to see Scotty riding well despite his injury. There's still time to salvage a top 8 place. As for poor old Rico, think it's back to the drawing board for '07.

Edited by rabbit

Nah that's just cos your lot were crap that night.  :P

Tonight got better - I've seen worse. Felt sorry for Antonio but that was a mistake down to inexperience, you could see what Hancock was trying to do riding the wide line. as soon as he goaded Anton off the inside, he snuck down the gap. He's young, he'll learn.

Good to see Scotty riding well despite his injury. There's still time to salvage a top 8 place. As for poor old Rico, think it's back to the drawing board for '07.

More like the Elite League only.

Thats the 2nd time that poor antonio has been 1st and they have had to re-run it n then he ends up cumin 2nd!! Poor guy!! He put so much effort into tonight, hopefully he will put just as much effort in his riding at poole on thursday!

and whats to say Greg would not have reeled in Antonio in as he did in the re-run? As it was, Antonio made the gate and had the race sorted until he drifted wide on the 2nd bend and Greg Hancock pounced!! You don't give a rider like Greg and inch let alone 6 foot!!

Stunnig perfomance by Antonio too and TBF, he was the best rider on the night but Greg has IMO deserved a win all year and I doubt anyone would begrudge him this win, Antonio certainly didn't, he seemed to find it slightly amussing to his credit.

i thought the best bit is where tony mallard choked on his own spit then asked kelvin to carry on for him whilst he nearly choked to death

must admit the track was c**p , they could of raced in the stadium car park and had better racing

:unsure: