British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
robolots

Bydgoszcz Hotels

Pod Orlem undoubtedly the classiest. City is modern and a very good standard . After that you are looking at the Brda as the best of the rest.

Rico :rolleyes:

If you are talking about for the GP, doubt you will get one, we struggled and that was back in March.

Rob B,

who have you tried to book through?, i have tried tonight and am awaiting confirmation via email, will have to wait and see if there is room etc.

I can't remember but we tried Pod Orlem, Brda etc and they were full. If you get in great, maybe they've had some rooms become available since then.

Is Bydgoszcz the size of a very small village then??

I made a fairly late booking to Wroclaw and found a hotel no problem.

I made a reservation yesterday with supposedly "live" vacancies and today it has come back with none available. It did however come back with an alternative in Krakow!!!!!!

As it is i'm flying to Poznan and hiring a car so don't mind driving a wee bit, so if anyone else has any suggestions please post them or i will be packing my tent me thinks :blink:

Yep from what I gather there is only about 5-6 hotels and none of them are that big.

Is Bydgoszcz the size of a very small village then??

I made a fairly late booking to Wroclaw and found a hotel no problem.

I made a reservation yesterday with supposedly "live" vacancies and today it has come back with none available. It did however come back with an alternative in Krakow!!!!!!

As it is i'm flying to Poznan and hiring a car so don't mind driving a wee bit, so if anyone else has any suggestions please post them or i will be packing my tent me thinks :blink:

Bydgoszcz's population is roughly 370,000, however it's not particularly geared up for a large influx of tourists, unlike Wroclaw.

If you can't get any joy getting a room in Bydgoszcz itself then I'd suggest booking a back-up in Torun (about 30 km away) and seeing if you can get something last minute in Bydgoszcz itself. Normally the organisers release the rooms they don't want around a week before the GP and all of a sudden the likes of the Pod Orlem and City have spare capacity.

Also, depending on your required standard of accomodation, there are a few other hotels in Bydgoszcz. The official city site is a good source of other hotels - link here.

Rico :blink:

Cheers for the info Rob and Rico

I have tried a couple more bookings and will wait and see, if that don't work i will Torun

Torun's lovely :)

Cheers for the info Rob and Rico

I have tried a couple more bookings and will wait and see, if that don't work i will Torun

...alternatively, you could try private accomodation in the ouskirts of Bydgoszcz.

If interest, e-mail me privately.

Thanks PolskiZuzel - I could have sworn I was looking at it in English when I copied the link.

Thanks PolskiZuzel - I could have sworn I was looking at it in English when I copied the link.

Rico  :rolleyes:

You're welcome

I think you are right. When I first opened your link it came up in Polish so to help our English speaking friends I found an alternative "English" button.

When I tried your link just now it opened in English :-)

Funny how things are, aren't they.

Ps. see you at Reading (perhaps ?)

Yes - look forward to hopefully meeting you. I'll leave it to the boy (Mateusz) to sort out details.