British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BOWESIE

Gb Selection For Play Off And Final

What do you think Skornicki would have scored around Rybnik ?

You have to bear in mind Skornicki rides in the Polish Second Division and clearly isn't rated in his home land.

I'd personally stick with Jagus (total unknown quantity around the track - scoring well in Poland and Sweden) and drop Ulamek in favour of Kolodziej. Pepe has had one good meeting and one duffer at Smallmead this season.

I think whatever team Poland put out on Thursday they are going to find it tough. Just hope Gollob puts on a show though as he might just like it round there.

Rico :rolleyes:

But Jagus scored 5, and Pepe just 7 on their home turf.

Wieslaw Jagus would be a risk, but it looks a safe bet that Kolodziej will take his place. And, anyway, Marcin Rempala was a risk at Poole in 2004, but he shocked a few people.

As for Protasiewicz, from what I've seen of statistics (they don't tell the full story, obviously), I'd say PePe's most impressive form has been in the BEL, so it would be a brave decision to leave him out.

The Poles are really up against it, following a very poor display at Rybnik and if they want to qualify for the final, I think they need as much BEL experience as possible to augment Gollob and Hampel. But not Skornicki.

If the Poles aren't that interested in making the final, I'd say they'd be better off calling in some of their young talent for the experience - Hlib, Miedzinski and so on. But I'd guess they're not in the squad.

If the track is prepared to our riders style then you have to go with Chris H and Simon because they have earned the right to be there, and they love grippy tracks.  If the track is slick then I would have to be very harsh and consider dropping both Chris and Simon.  I would think very seriously about not only bringing in Chris L but also Olly Allen.  His gating has been very good, and he's been quick this year.  Floppy is another possible to come in with Chris L.  Bird is way down the list because Joe would come in ahead of him too.

21st I would agree with you - I'm undecided about Louis, but Olly has been having a wicked season and I can't believe he hasn't been mentioned so much already! Ok, he may not have the average that Steady and Bomber have, but he has just moved up from reserve at Coventry to number four and has handled this well so far. He gets out on the track and gives his all, doesn't bottle it and, to quote Peter Oakes from many years ago, springs out of the gates like Zebedee (sp?)!

But on the other hand, all five riders that were riding on Sunday did us proud and have most certainly earnt their place in the team. We'll have to leave the decision in Middlo's hands I guess!

If the Poles aren't that interested in making the final, I'd say they'd be better off calling in some of their young talent for the experience - Hlib, Miedzinski and so on. But I'd guess they're not in the squad.

Miedzinski is, but not Hlib.

Anyway, why nobody considers Walasek who seem to be on a wave recently. Just look at his July performance:

3-7 EL BELLE VUE POOLE 9+1(5)

5-7 KOC POOLE READING 16+2(6)

paid max

6-7 EL SWINDON POOLE 13+1(6)

6-7 SAL Swindon Poole -

7-7 KOC READING POOLE 11+0(6)

10-7 EL COVENTRY POOLE 13+0(6)

12-7 EL POOLE BELLE VUE 10+3(6)

Walasek's score of 11 from 6 at Reading includes a 6 point t/r score in heat 14. He wasn't very impressive that night, or on his previous visit to Smallmead.

I agree Walasek is in good form though and he seems to have bursts of magnificence all over Europe, then back to mediocrity. Whether an SWC meeting at Smallmead would suit him, I wouldn't be so sure.

Rico :rolleyes:

1) What do you think Skornicki would have scored around Rybnik ?

2) You have to bear in mind Skornicki rides in the Polish Second Division and clearly isn't rated in his home land.

3) and drop Ulamek in favour of Kolodziej.

4) I think whatever team Poland put out on Thursday they are going to find it tough.

1) Besides the point. I wouldn't have put him in there. I'm talking about the fact that he's got goos experience over here, and rides the smaller tracks okay.

2) True.

3) But is he fit enough?

4) True again. That's why I think it's worth a risk to try something a bit different.

Wieslaw Jagus would be a risk, but it looks a safe bet that Kolodziej will take his place. And, anyway, Marcin Rempala was a risk at Poole in 2004, but he shocked a few people.

As for Protasiewicz, from what I've seen of statistics (they don't tell the full story, obviously), I'd say PePe's most impressive form has been in the BEL, so it would be a brave decision to leave him out.

The Poles are really up against it, following a very poor display at Rybnik and if they want to qualify for the final, I think they need as much BEL experience as possible to augment Gollob and Hampel. But not Skornicki.

Who knows which way they'll go? They could all ride well and shock us, who knows? As I said above it looks a really tough meeting for them and it may just be worth it.

21st I would agree with you - I'm undecided about Louis, but Olly has been having a wicked season and I can't believe he hasn't been mentioned so much already! Ok, he may not have the average that Steady and Bomber have, but he has just moved up from reserve at Coventry to number four and has handled this well so far. He gets out on the track and gives his all, doesn't bottle it and, to quote Peter Oakes from many years ago, springs out of the gates like Zebedee (sp?)!

But on the other hand, all five riders that were riding on Sunday did us proud and have most certainly earnt their place in the team. We'll have to leave the decision in Middlo's hands I guess!

I'd love the track to be such that we can name an unchanged squad. If it's very slick you have to be professional though. Middlo will have to make the tough decisions on the day, and the team he puts out is going to be the toughest of the lot. (No pressure Middlo :D )

What do you think Skornicki would have scored around Rybnik ?

You have to bear in mind Skornicki rides in the Polish Second Division and clearly isn't rated in his home land.

I'd personally stick with Jagus (total unknown quantity around the track - scoring well in Poland and Sweden) and drop Ulamek in favour of Kolodziej. Pepe has had one good meeting and one duffer at Smallmead this season.

I think whatever team Poland put out on Thursday they are going to find it tough. Just hope Gollob puts on a show though as he might just like it round there.

Rico  :rolleyes:

KK in for Pepe ?

I cant beleieve anybody is calling for Bird Or Kennett to be placed in the team.

I have watched Olly all season and although he is doing very well and is finally starting to show what he is capable of I do not think he is ready for this meeting yet.

As for the team, tough one to call Stead has been riding well and did well on Sunday, but Louis has been good this season. Personally I would keep the same team it can only help us in the long run.....

:oops:  shucks can see the headling now "Shazzybird lifts the WTC"  :lol:

Tough call though everyone rode so well tonight, would like to see Chris Louis in though if only just to eye up his butt  :approve:  (sorry there I go again lowering the tone)

Shock Chris Louis is still missing believed to be still locked in Shazzybirds garage.

Damn I wondered what that noise was earlier on :blink:

Mr Louis has now been released :approve:

Sorry peeps that must be why he was overlooked in the first place :oops:

Damn I wondered what that noise was earlier on  :blink: 

Mr Louis has now been released  :approve:

Yes, okay, but what sort of condition has the imfamous 'Bird left him in?