British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
silver_phoenix

Inexcusable Behaviour...

I am surprised nobody has mentioned the fight up in the bar which resulted in 3 poles and a wolves fan being ejected from the stadium

I didn't know anything about this. Does kind of go to show that perhaps it wasn't just a handful of Brits that were getting rowdy after all. Such a shame that a highly enjoyable day has to end with this kind of conversation.

It's the usual scenario with these kind of incidents, that there is a flash point that sets the whole thing off.

Hans was excluded in heat 18 for being the cause of the stoppage when Chris Harris took a tumble.

The Sky team showed Hans a replay but they showed a high wide shot, which didn't show the contact.

The referee made his decision off a low reverse angle, which cearly showed Hans' back wheel rubbing against Chris' clutch lever before he fell.

It's a shame the Sky team didn't show the low reverse angle replay, as Hans' and Nicki probably wouldn't have kicked off and the British fans wouldn't have been annoyed at the Danes running to fellow Dane Ole Oleson, to complain furiously, which obviously raised a few heckles.

It's debatable but the Danes furious protests may have influenced the referee's decision to exclude Travis McGowan in a first bend bunching incident in heat 21, where the replay showed that there was clear contact from the mud gaurd of the rider inside him (Lindback but not anybody's fault).

Watching the replay, it felt as though the referee might have been subconcsiously evening up the luck of the draw without realising it.

If the Danes felt that theyhad been unfairly treated and then began gesticulating to a predominantly British crowd after an incident involving a British rider then it's not really surprising that a minority of fans will react in kind.

Hans set the tone by kicking the pit wall in frustration and hitting the camera after the camerman filmed the Danish teams complaints to Ole.

Gesticulating to the crowd in a FIFA football international competition will probably get you pulled in before a diceplinary panel.

Finally the selling of bottles in the stadium at £10 for 4 was perhaps a poor management decision, as most licensed premises at venues and stadiums do not allow customers to drink out of bottles, or take glasses outside.

:blink:

not quit a one off incident A Polish fan through a beer can at Nicki Pedersen when he came off on the first bend on Thursday and there were a few pond life booing and sounding horns during the anthem that night as well.

You will find that is was a bottle that was thrown at Nicki on Thursday it landed on the dog track, i was there and told the polish fan myself that he was out of order, booing a rider, giving a bit of verbal (not during the anthems tho), but not bottle throwing that is just plain out of order and should be stamped out.

I myself had a bit of banter with Hans on Saturday to which i got a hand signal and a smile back, taken in a bit of spirit, but when the anthem played i stood and respected it because they won the world cup, i also congratulated the Danish fans stood outside waving there flags for all to see as everyone left the car park.

I didnt see the press conference incident but surely security were present there why did they not just remove them.

Baz

Baz, Hans actual words were, "!we don't mind banter, shouting and fun, we expect it, and to be honest we enjoy it" the fans here obviously wanted their team to win, we appreciate that, but we draw the line at people throwing bottles", I think that says it all, the morons outside banging on the glass and shouting abuse, well I'd like to say it was just kids, but it wasn't, it was a mixtures of all ages who obviously either are not regular supporters or are just pathetic, I think the latter.

As for the Danes not signing autographs?, well my little girl got all of em and riders posed for photo's too. maybe when they got back out side, they thought best just to get into a safer place after what went on earlier, and who can blame them.

True fans would not stoop so low.

well my little girl got all of em and riders posed for photo's too. maybe when they got back out side, they thought best just to get into a safer place after what went on earlier, and who can blame them.

True fans would not stoop so low.

Whilst I am pleased your little one had a good day out and photos taken with the riders, when all said and done it was in the press conference they would of been ripped to pieces by the press if the reaction to her was the same as the British fans appear to have received outside the conference. :unsure:

:mad:

308.gif308.gif308.gif

If you hate Hans and Nicki have a go, if you hate Hans and Nicki have a go!!

Rearrange the words  ",Loser,bad,A,You,Like,Sound"..

Sorry but i watched the meeting at my brothers and (possibly for the first time) was cheering Team GB (England) on but, as long as it was a good meeting, really wasn't fanatical about it however i seem to recall the Danes used to win fairly, Gundersen, Nielsen, Pedersen, Knudsen, Olsen etc. Indeed during this period i always supported the Danes or the USA very rarely England!! Their worst habit was rolling at the gate (and while i'm mentioning rolling starts, stand up and take a bow Mr Crump!!)

However now it really seems to be win at all costs, i truly think the referee called the Harris/Andersen incident correctly, Sky did show wrong angle to Andersen in the pits as it proved nothing but judging by his screaming like a big girl :wink: as it was shown i thought someone had cut his leg off at the very least!! And the Danish teams verbal assault on Ole Olsen then was TOTALLY unacceptable :mad:

He has done more for Danish speedway, and speedway in general, than they will ever do and to be honest Jan Steachmann-who i like-should have stepped in to stop those disgraceful actions.

The Danes WERE the best team on display there is no question of that and booing and abusing their national anthem is also unacceptable but at the end of the day they should take a step back and judge their own appalling behaviour appropriately and the 2 worst perpetrators, Messrs Pedersen and Andersen should be heavily fined by the relevant authorities with possibly a suspended ban as they appear to be involved in controversy on an almost weekly basis- particularly Mr Pedersen with his recent comments reference Wolves fans, who i'm no fan of as a Spoon :wink: , springing quickly to mind.

Ok i've had my say and expect to be shot down but had to say it as i see it as a, relative, neutral.

If the Danes felt that theyhad  been unfairly treated and then began gesticulating to a predominantly British crowd after an incident involving a British rider then it's not really surprising that a minority of fans will react in kind.

Hans set the tone by kicking the pit wall in frustration and hitting the camera after the camerman filmed the Danish teams complaints to Ole.

Gesticulating to the crowd in a FIFA football international competition will probably get you pulled in before a diceplinary panel.

:blink:

Exactly right. Whilst I don't condone the throwing of bottles etc. just what reaction did Andersen and Pedersen really expect.

"i seem to recall the Danes used to win fairly, Gundersen, Nielsen, Pedersen, Knudsen, Olsen etc" 

We still do,even with the refs wrong decision that cost us 3 point's! :angry:

However now it really seems to be win at all costs, i truly think the referee called the Harris/Andersen incident correctly.

Well I and many others don't think so!

The Danes WERE the best team on display there is no question of  that and booing and abusing their national anthem is also unacceptable.

I couldn't agree more

the 2 worst perpetrators, Messrs Pedersen and Andersen should be heavily fined by the relevant authorities with possibly a suspended ban as they appear to be involved in controversy on an almost weekly basis.

Get a grip will ya! :P

at least you all cant blame us mexicans cos we werent there :P. it was disgrace they should be banned for life. and it was a glass thats even worse :shock:

Lis: Leeds United??????????  :P

Yep Leeds and proud of it.

:wub:

The you'll understand how the Brits feel at losing :P:wink:

there was an out an out witch hunt when a plastic beer glass containing dregs landed upon smoli at coventry earlier in the season.which resulted in a one year suspended ban for the fan who threw it. i hope a similar which hunt through the press and media is applied in the same manner to root the offenders out or else we would not of learned a thing.

Oh the poor victimised little lad - singled out for such appalling treatment when on a day off from choir practice, just for being drunk or stupid enough to throw something at a rider.

This is just the behaviour that we should be encouraging if we want to fill our stadia with say, twenty or thirty booze-swilling morons and clear out these spoilsport decent fans.

Edited by rmc

The you'll understand how the Brits feel at losing  :P  :wink:

I think i quoted you yesterday,regarding losing and coming back and support your team/country again next year ;) that's the life of a leeds fan these days, so yes i know exactly how you feel :P:rolleyes:

Maybe a bit more understanding wouldn't go a miss then rather than the "blah blah blah" I can fully understand how you feel about your riders getting a slagged but...... ever since the first SWC thread was started on here this season our lads and manager have been nothing but slated.