British Speedway Forum
osn

Tony Not At The Italian Gp

Following is on Tonys homepage:

- Jag har tagit ett beslut att vila i ytterligare ett par veckor vilket tyvärr medför att jag missar både viktiga liga matcher samt GP tävlingen i Lonigo.

He says that he will rest a few weeks more, and will miss som local swedish matches and the Lonigo GP

First reserve is dane Hans Andersen :D

Guest PanthersChamp06

Yep heard Hans would be in this, another chance to get 25 points and move him up to 50 :D

Personally I think it's a poor show - it seems TRick has given up this year. First he was pants when he rode for Oxofrd and then he's just not been at the races in the GPS.

Still, it does give Hans a chance for a few more points - at this rate he'll have more than Rico and Scotty!

Personally I think it's a poor show - it seems TRick has given up this year.  First he was pants when he rode for Oxofrd and then he's just not been at the races in the GPS.

Still, it does give Hans a chance for a few more points - at this rate he'll have more than Rico and Scotty!

9.76 average for a man that was 'pants'!

Guest PanthersChamp06

TRick wasnt pants at all for Oxford. Just seems now he wants a quiet retirement.

I can see Hans finishing abover quite a few riders as he is here at Lonigo and a WC in another one :D

TRick wasnt pants at all for Oxford. Just seems now he wants a quiet retirement.

I can see Hans finishing abover quite a few riders as he is here at Lonigo and a WC in another one :D

Can he qualify automatically if he gets enough points?

Don't think anyone who is not in the original 15 competitors count in the final standings

Mark Loram did not in 99/2000. He had to qualify by right. Obviously BSI could do the decent thing and give him a permanent wildcard.

Edited by SCB

I think tony should have gone out on top last year instead of turning into the joke he is now.

I think tony should have gone out on top last year instead of turning into the joke he is now.

Clearly a joke! What a rubbish statement!

They say you are only as good as your last ride. He is not a joke, he IS a legend. He has though made a mistake he should have retired last season, I imagine he wanted to but was talked out of it. I think he should quit now while (semi) ahead.

They say you are only as good as your last ride.

I think he should quit now while (semi) ahead.

Well he won his last ride, so if eh did quit now he'd quit as a winner. However, I have this funny feeling he'll win the last GP of the year and go out with a bang. I hope he does and I'm not even a TR fan!

Yeh id like to see trick win one maybe two gps and finnish on a high, as he is still one of the greatest riders ( only a few) every,and they dont come along very often. hes ov in retirement mod at the moment. good luck trick for the future if that is it ,you been very entertaining over the years, and your be missed in the speedway world. who knows,he may retire like todd,then come back after a while. :approve: im not even a trick fan either.

Edited by beercellar

Maybe Tricky shouldn't have been riding this season if he is not upto scratch! Think the fans have expected alot from him this year which he hasnt been able to give! Maybe your right Beercellar, maybe he should retire and then come back after for a while, he might come back better then but i think he has other things to concerntrate on .... His health, Rallying (If he is going into that). No, you dont see many riders like Tricky! Good Luck whatever your decision Tricky! YOu have entertained us throught out your career