British Speedway Forum

What should he have done then? Stick it out at an angle?  :unsure: Think if I was thought I was going to fall I'd want to tuck my leg out of the way too!

You really should look at the close up video.

And? Harris obviously tucked it out of the way when he thought he was going down. Seen similar reactions in hundreds of bail-outs - not sure what else he was supposed to do with his leg if he didn't want it broken. Only Bomber knows whether he could have stayed on or not - but it's a well known fact that incidents look different on different camera angles and I certainly wouldn't want to make a decision based on just that one. It's done and dusted just can't see the point in going over it again and again when similar contacts happen week in and out.

What is the problem here? Harris laid it down, Hans got excluded end of.

It happens in a lot of meetings up and down the country every week - cos it was on TV people are getting irate about it.

Hans laid it down in cardiff last year - every rider does it - its part of the sport - exactly like when they tempt another rider through the tapes by moving first.

Just get over it

It happens in a lot of meetings up and down the country every week - cos it was on TV people are getting irate about it.

Hans laid it down in cardiff last year - every rider does it - its part of the sport - exactly like when they tempt another rider through the tapes by moving first.

Just get over it

Just get over it

After all Denmark still won in the end. Helped by " Not so Flying Ryan”.

i cant read it so i cant find it.. ive got the player up just not the clip of harris

Like this hasn't been done to death on all the other SWC threads. Did we need another? :blink:

Agreed

I am very tempted to start a new thread titled -

THE LAST WORLD TEAM CUP'

discuss anything here- but please dont open another thread!!!!!!!!

Do you reckon it would be deleted!? :D

As good a flop as Dave Bargh used to do when him and TK were on the end of a 5-1.

As good a flop as Dave Bargh used to do when him and TK were on the end of a 5-1.

That didn't happen very often though, did it?

Can't believe all the British Hans lovers on here. Of course he and his mates can do no wrong can they, and can never be accused of gamesmanship.

Can't believe all the British Hans lovers on here. Of course he and his mates can do no wrong can they, and can never be accused of gamesmanship.

It's not really relevant tho is it? Bomber basically cheated the ref and cheated Hans and I sya that as a Bomber liking Hans disliking fan, anyone who can rememebr back to the SWC a few year ago with Hans now infamous little incident will remember I was on here getting quite irrate about it (before the commentators had seen it and emntioned it! Probably Millard commentating that day) and I've never really forgiven him yet even I can see Bomber was in the wrong.

That didn't happen very often though, did it?

Is that a dig at the fact that a few Brits have actually (god forbid) gotten over 2004? Nothing wrong with being a fan of Hans Andersen in my view, seems like quite a few Arena fans dislike him but I've got a lot of time for him. There's no denying that he does some things that are questionable, but then so do other riders. It isn't like he's the Anti-Christ, yet some people almost seem to be portraying Hans as some sort of evil mastermind, hell bent on the destruction of Team GB and the elimination of his arch nemesis Scott Nicholls. :blink:

Of course they can do wrong, I think some people are just fed up with him being singled out.

Yeah ok, Hans has done quite a few stuff wrong, but that's not really the issue here is it? It's about Chris Harris, but I've kinda forgotten about that now. He went down on his own, ref made wrong decision, water under the bridge.

And who are you to tell us who we can and can't support? "Can't believe all the British Hans lovers on here" my ass. Everyone's allowed to like whatever rider the want. Who cares if he ain't British? It's talent that should matter, not nationality OR reputation. And everybody does wrong once in a while, it's not the Brits are completely holy either.

And I for one am over the whole 2004 thing - I mean, so what? Sweden so deserved to win on that night, they were better than us. The thing that stands out most for me of 2004 WC is the "red light" incident. My god, that was hilarious. But anyway, it's over now, so what's the point on dwelling on it?

Edited by sweet_lil_mystery