British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
heathen till i die

Andersen Not Very Dignified In Defeat

The Dane had no complaints about Crump's passing move on him to win the Italian Grand Prix - but was annoyed to drop to third place as Scott Nicholls took advantage.

Andersen said: "I made my only slight mistake of the night at the end of the first lap and a man of Jason's calibre doesn't let things like that go unpunished.

"I can't stop thinking about what might have been. It wouldn't have been so bad to follow Jason home as he deserved to win for that fine passing move, but Nicholls going through added insult to injury."

taken from speedway world tv site

i keep reading threads on here about scott said this and that, and he's a bad loser etc

so now tell me that golden balls isnt just as bad. but if scott retaliates to this i suppose it will be all scotts fault.

andersen your a joke

So what? I don't see what point you're trying to make. Hans andersen has a winner's mentality, which is why some people can't stomach him. Personally I thing he's good for the sport and it makes great telly when he loses his temper!

All he's saying here is that he lost his position in the race. Don't see what your problem is.

Guest PanthersChamp06

What was the point in this? Agree with Grachan, Hans is out to win everything that he can, its all riders dreams to do that. Hans was annoyed that he made 1 Mistake which let through 2 riders.

Edited by PanthersChamp06

If you think swearing & commiting acts of violence in front of women & children good television then that says a lot about you

Guest PanthersChamp06
If you think swearing & commiting acts of violence in front of women & children good television then that says a lot about you

What you think Hans is the only one that has done that before :mad:

Hans is disappointed that he was passed by two riders and came third in a final that he could have probably won. I'm not surprised he's disappointed. He's one of the most exciting and talented riders in our sport and he goes out to win every single race he appears in.

Fair play to the guy.

Agreed with whats been said. Although I wanted Jase to win, the title's nearly his anyway and Hans is well on form right now and probably could have won the final. :approve:

Some of his dirty moves earlier in his career (Nicki Pedersen skittle style!!) made me dislike the guy but credit where it's due, he's been awesome this year and fully deserves a GP spot. I think its ridiculous that he's bound to make the top 8 this year, only riding in half the GPs and doesn't qualify like everyone else. Total laughing stock of speedway. :(

Some of his language on TV leaves a bit to be desired though!!!! :lol: Although that was a crappy decision from the ref on that occasion!!!! :shock:

The Dane had no complaints about Crump's passing move on him to win the Italian Grand Prix - but was annoyed to drop to third place as Scott Nicholls took advantage.

Andersen said: "I made my only slight mistake of the night at the end of the first lap and a man of Jason's calibre doesn't let things like that go unpunished.

"I can't stop thinking about what might have been. It wouldn't have been so bad to follow Jason home as he deserved to win for that fine passing move, but Nicholls going through added insult to injury."

taken from speedway world tv site

i keep reading threads on here about scott said this and that, and he's a bad loser etc

so now tell me that golden balls isnt just as bad. but if scott retaliates to this i suppose it will be all scotts fault.

andersen your a joke

What a bizarre post. :rolleyes:

Keep taking the tablets mate.

Edited by Blazeaway

I dare say he meant it was worse because of the rider who followed him through, after all we know they do not get on.

Jesus, another "Let's slag off Hans" thread?!? We get that you don't like him, why do you have to keep going on about it? Gaaaaarrgggghh

And oh yeah, I agree with everyone else - I think he was just annoyed that he let two riders through, and didn't win it like he wanted to. How does that make him a bad loser?

Edited by sweet_lil_mystery

For God sake, some people need to grow up!!! Scott and Hans both want to win, thank God for that, that exactly the kind of rider I like (can I say I like Hans and Scott? Is that allowed?)

Of course Hans is disapointed but lets just get over it and stop moaning about Hans and Scott at every bloody opportunity!

For God sake, some people need to grow up!!!  Scott and Hans both want to win, thank God for that, that exactly the kind of rider I like (can I say I like Hans and Scott?  Is that allowed?)

Of course Hans is disapointed but lets just get over it and stop moaning about Hans and Scott at every bloody opportunity!

:approve:

well sky obviously do or they would nt have got sophie to stick a mic in his face seconds after the incident. and for the record hans showed a lot of humility in defeat last week.

In history, there have been riders that have seemingly polarised the country. In the years since I've been going, Kenny Carter was one that springs to mind. People either loved his patriotism and fire, or they hated his jingoism and tactics. For others (going back a long way, and reading Back Track!) Anders Michanek and Ove Fudin, or not so far back - you either liked Hans Neilsen or you detested him

Hans Andersen is another such rider. I admire him for fighting back after he was dumped out of the Grand Prix in favour of lesser riders. I admire his ability on a speedway bike. I could say I dislike his temper tantrums and his sometimes dirty riding. Overall I like the bloke.

As for the swearing and "committing acts of violence" I can say that IMHO he was justified for his outburst (though not necessarily the language) as it was a diabolical decision. Violence? Apart from hard tactics (and all riders employ those at some time or another, even Saint Scott of the Nicholls) all he did was kick a wall. Big, fat hairy deal. I've seen far worse. Rickard Hellsen pitching in when a fight broke out in Oxford's pits, Martin Dugard trying to chin Brian Karger, Boycie's infamous right hook on Gollob at Hackney to name but 3. I'm not saying it's either big or clever, but it happens. And I struggle to see why it is worse to committ these heinous crimes on TV in front of women and children. What about the sensitive men? ;)

As Sky are so keen on sticking a mic under the nose of a rider who's either been dumped off a bike or had a decision go against them, perhaps they ought to employ the 4-second rule that they do on radio. A 4-second delay would allow someone to "bleep" the rude words out.

Edited by Bobbin' Along

One of my pet hates is the way the presenter, whether it be Green or Huewen, then feel the need to apologise for the language heard, in that oh so serious manner that they adopt.

We know that Sky love to show things like that otherwise they wouldn't be sending in the interviewer immediately after an incident, so why do they have to then get all pious and apologise. It's not as if its any worse than the language you can hear on other programme.

Before anyone writes and talks about programmes like Big Brother being after the watershed and having warnings I understand that, I just hate the double standards of it all.

Edited by salty