14. Rymel, Szatmari, Magosi, Simota

15. Zagar, Kolenko, Stange, Dilger

16. Karpov, D.Ivanov, R.Ivanov, Senko X

17. Jagus, Ulamek, Magosi, Szatmari

18. Rymel, Stange, Simota, Dilger

19. Szatmari, Magosi, Karpov Fx

20. Ulamek, Zagar, Kolenko, Jagus

21. Rymel, R.Ivanov, Simota, D.Ivanov R

What was supposed to be a great meeting and battle for a win between Slovenia and Poland, was ruined by polish GP referee Wojciech Grodzki, who very obviously cheated and helped Poland to win!! :angry:

He excluded Zagar from heat 10 because of dangerous riding. Zagar tried to pass Magosi out of the 4th bend, but Magosi closed the racing line, so Zagar hit Magosi's rear wheel. Nobody fell, Magosi rode on, Zagar regained control of his bike and also proceeded racing, but the red lights went on and Grodzki excluded Zagar ?!?!?!

The crowd went mad, Slovenian team manager Franc Kalin protested, even slovenian motorcycling federation authorities protested, but Grodzki didn't change his mind.

Slovenia then needed 4-2 against Poland in heat 20, but Ulamek won that heat and everything was over for Slovenia

A really scandalous refereeing from Grodzki!! :mad::mad: The strongest speedway countries (except Poland of course) didn't treat UEM meetings as something important in recent years, but from saturday even we in Slovenia will probably join them. There were even some threats from our authorities that Slovenia will not send its riders to UEM meetings anymore.

What's the point of competing, if Grodzki family ... oops, I mean UEM :wink: , makes everything they want. They might as well give polish riders gold medals before the saturday meeting had even started!

Edited by tomazpozrl

Are the Slovenian authorities going to take matters further Tomaz.It is about time someone takes a stand.

Guest schumifan

In other sports the ref would have to be impartial. Why wasn't this the case here?

Yes.Plenty of countries not involved that could supply a ref.Crazy situation.But look at what happened last year with the World U21 final.Should have been restaged but the polish guy decided that would interfere with the polish league fixtures,by all accounts

Yes, Iris, the ref at the infamous lottery World U21 Final at Wiener Neustadt last year was indeed Mr. GRODZKI from Poland ! :rolleyes:

The Ref at the U21 last year was Tony Steele, the FIM jury president was Polish & it was Marek Wojaczek (the one with the dodgy beard that looks a bit like Carlos from desperate housewifes),that referee'd Cardiff. Grodski is the fat one with the basen hair cut

Edited by Paragon

Are the Slovenian authorities going to take matters further Tomaz.It is about time someone takes a stand.

I don't think it will change anything, but yes, Slovenian federation AMZS will officially protest at UEM as well as at FIM.

AMZS representative has officially protested already at the last jury meeting in Lendava, but Grodzki didn't accept it as official protest, but rather as a personal comment :blink: .

And as I said, I don't think a protest to the UEM will change anything - UEM track racing comission president is Andrzej Grodzki, Wojciech's father. What do you think he will do?

Edited by tomazpozrl

Yes.Plenty of countries not involved that could supply a ref.Crazy situation.

Yes, that's one thing that also came to our minds after that incident in Lendava. There were only seven countries represented in Lendava and surely a referee from some other place could be found - UEM track racing commission has a swedish and a danish representantive and those countries could provide one referee? I don't think it would be any more expensive for him to come to Lendava than for example Sergej Liatosinski (jury president in Lendava), who came from Ukraine.

Tomaz - I have copied this on to the Swindon Forum if thats OK?

Yes mate, no problem about that.

Although I must stress that everything that I wrote is just my personal opinion and not an official comment from AMZS or any other individual.