British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ezekiel

Mark Loram

Mark was interviewed at the Ipswich meeting last night and said that he was hoping to get another crack at the GP series. He feels he is hitting the same form as when he was World Champ and that Richardson has had his chance in the GPs after 3 seasons.

Personally I think that it would be great to see Mark in the GP series again - the current format should suit him a lot more than the old format. Nicholls should finish in the top 8 and qualify for next year, and surely the powers-that-be would want to have at least 2 Brits in the series. Richardson surely won't get another chance, and apart from Mark who else is there?

I really hope that Mark does get picked for the series next season, if he was then I'd be very tempted to go to more GPs than just Cardiff...

Sounds a damn good idea to me. The series needs more racers like him back in it. Sad to say, but we have a big gap in this country of riders ready for the GP stage and although i've nothing against Rico, he's just not making a place his own.

Having seen Loramski on Wednesday he's definitely back to his stunning old form. Haven't seen him as dominant round our track for a couple of years and thought maybe we'd seen the best of him.

Loramski for the GPs - got my vote. :D

I never thought I'd see the day when I actually agreed with a Poole fan!!!

No. Mark had his chance and its time for the youngsters. If he wanted it he should have applied to enter and quaify through this year.

It was awful watching some old Norwegian beat him in his last GP. Don't want to see that again.

Let the youngsters have a go.

Difficult one. I would LOVE to see Mark back to his gp best, however could he still mix it at that level? Yes I know he beats gp riders week in and out in the elite league but the boys step it up a gear for the gps. But yeah, if he shows some of the old magic, then why the hell not! :approve:

No. Mark had his chance and its time for the youngsters. If he wanted it he should have applied to enter and quaify through this year.

It was awful watching some old Norwegian beat him in his last GP. Don't want to see that again.

Let the youngsters have a go.

OK Steve, name a young Brit that can mix it with the best in the GP's

Go on............... Just one name will do!

It's OK, I'll wait for you to think of one!

:neutral:

It will be great if this happens.

He is a brilliant rider :approve:

Go on...............  Just one name will do!

It's OK, I'll wait for you to think of one!

:neutral:

Don't know about mixing with the best, but I reckon Bomber Harris would do better than Richardson.

Sounds a damn good idea to me. The series needs more racers like him back in it. Sad to say, but we have a big gap in this country of riders ready for the GP stage and although i've nothing against Rico, he's just not making a place his own.

Having seen Loramski on Wednesday he's definitely back to his stunning old form. Haven't seen him as dominant round our track for a couple of years and thought maybe we'd seen the best of him.

Loramski for the GPs - got my vote.  :D

I think he should get a shot at it again also, lee is just dreadful and we have no riders yet who can mix it in the g.p.

Think Mark should get another shot at the G.P's next year .

This year with no injuries he is back to his best .

Last week at Poole he was awesome and worth the admission price alone .

Looks like Mark got a 4-ride paid maximum tonight, guesting for Eastbourne - it might have been against a depleted Hammers team but he was the only 'Eagle' to get one!

Whya Brit? I want to see 16 good riders, not 2 Brits, 2 Swedes, 2 Danes, 2 Germna,s 2 Aussies, 2 czechs etc etc. Natoinality is irrelevant it should be the best 16 riders in the World.

. . . . .

Natoinality is irrelevant it should be the best 16 riders in the World.

Only then you can say the winner of the GP seria is World Champion.

Purely from a spectacle point of view Mark should get the nod as the wild card.The guy is a true racer.On the other hand youth should be given the chance.As we found in the WTC final it is all very well going for experience but the kids need to be given the chance.They may fail but they will learn from the experience and hopefully improve because we all learn from our mistakes.

Speaking of mistakes i would like to share my mistake with anyone who cares to read it.A couple of weeks ago i was holidaying in Cornwall.While i was watching my kids play in the water i saw a lady who had muscly legs,a mans facial features etc.etc.I said to the guy stood a few feet away look at that woman there i think she is one of those transgenders and i went to great lenghts to point this person out to him and he just laughed.I returned to me deck chair,went back towards the water and there was the guy walking up the beach with the lady i have described.He looked at me as if to say that was me wife you were less than complimentary about.I made my self scarce.I then visited the toilet,returned and saw this guy looking anxiously around with an annoyed look on his face. :mad: He thankfully did not see me,much to my delight as i may have been in line for a black eye. :blink::unsure: I kept my alcohol consumption down and would not talk to strangers for a while after that.

I'd love it if Mark was to be brought back into the picture again but I just can't see it............The riders that BSI have brought in have been young (or had great sponsorship) .....i'm fully expecting Rico or Steady to be given the wildcard

....and if Steady or Bomber qualify as of right I think the chances of a 3rd Brit getting in by WC are very slim