British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
GARY POPPS

Sunday After Bydgoszcz Gp

@ Joanne

This fixture (24.september in Gdansk) appeared last week.

Sorry, I wasn't looking last week. Is there a reason it was changed then?

@ Joanne

At first it was sheduled on 17.September, now its 24.September, the main reason could be unavailability of some riders from Daugavpils to participate on 17.September.

Looking forward to Gdansk.

Ironically the two people who served us our family meal tonight were from Gdansk - as expected a really nice couple :)

What time does this meeting start at Gdansk?

Hopefully fairly early! We are flying out of Gdansk on sunday night and we might be able to make it to this meeting. :)

If its only 50km then i may be interested  :P

just dont want a huge journey for naff all  :wink:

It's about 200 km, ~2,5 hrs by train, not longer.

That answers is for me then Matty!

Can't be arsed with going that far  :rolleyes:

Spot on

Spot on

If the rumours are proven to be correct Matthew, you won't be in any fit state to go ANYWHERE anyway. :wink::lol:

If the rumours are proven to be correct Matthew, you won't be in any fit state to go ANYWHERE anyway. :wink:  :lol:

I was worried as well Kev - if he has the 3 halves of Shandy he was on about on the Thursday he wont be right for Sunday :D

For those going to Gdansk...

If you travel by train to Gdansk Glowny (the train will be for Gydnia), when you come out of the station, go down the stairs in front of KFC and you will see a sort of underground mini market. If you take the second flight of stairs up (to your right), it will take you to a tram stop. In the underpass you can also buy tickets for the tram.

Tram number 8 (signposted for Stogi Plaza) will take you direct to the ground - it's less than 10 minutes away. You will know when to get off when you see the big yellow Lotus signs on your right hand side ! On the way back your tram will be signposted for Jelitskowo.

The trains from Bydgoszcz are a bit variable, normally they take about two hours - some do it in slightly less. The annoying thing is they speed along quite nicely up to Tchev, and then trundle the last half hour into Gdansk.

Hope this helps guys. If you need any more questions about Gdansk feel free to ask (was there for three weeks in June in case you were wondering !).

p.s. This link shows you what the stadium looks like, took it on my phone:

I wish mate ! I've not even done the whole Extra Liga (Tarnow and Rybnik).

This summer was the first time I've been able to tour Poland properly, in three weeks I got to Gdansk, Bydgoszcz, Torun, Rzeszow, Poznan, Leszno, Rawicz, Czestochowa and Wroclaw. I was based in Gdansk, so it meant I clocked up something ridiculous like 2000 miles on the trains.

I guess all the stuff is fresh in the mind, giving the impression I know much more than what I actually do ! I've been told by my brother that Zielona Gora has an awesome track, so I'm hoping they get promoted !

Have you been over before yourself ?

Edited by Gorgrel

we're staying in gdansk on the sunday do you know what time the meeting starts please?

Edited by smitty

I wish mate ! I've not even done the whole Extra Liga (Tarnow and Rybnik).

This summer was the first time I've been able to tour Poland properly, in three weeks I got to Gdansk, Bydgoszcz, Torun, Rzeszow, Poznan, Leszno, Rawicz, Czestochowa and Wroclaw. I was based in Gdansk, so it meant I clocked up something ridiculous like 2000 miles on the trains.

I guess all the stuff is fresh in the mind, giving the impression I know much more than what I actually do ! I've been told by my brother that Zielona Gora has an awesome track, so I'm hoping they get promoted !

Have you been over before yourself ?

I have been Bydgoszcz last year. Fell in love with the place and Gdansk. Hopefully, if all goes to plan I am set to go for 8 days sometime next year. Once I get some money in the piggy bank.