British Speedway Forum
-DelBoyRodders-

2006 World Champion: Jason Crump

Well done Jason Crump. A true servant to BRITISH league racing. A rider who performs at a 100 per cent for his BRITISH club home and away every meeting. A role model for Elite league riders whatever their nationality. Top man at home. Top man on the world stage.

(Wish Coventry had got him a couple of seasons ago)

Professionally a role model for every speedway rider. Particularly the young Conference lads.

Not my favourite human being but can't fault the talent/achievement.

Job done :)

Well done to Jason .

The best rider by a mile this year .

Just hope some of the rest take note of what is needed to be World Champion and give Jason a run for his money next year .

He's been head and shoulders above everyone this year, and it was only a matter of time until he won it. He could have won a lot more by now if he hadn't been riding in the same era as Tony Rickardsson.

You have to hand it to Crumpy, he's probably the most consistent rider in recent memory. I can't remember the last time he finished outside the top two in the World Championships. And an 11+ average in the Elite League to boot - this year has been all about him.

Just hope some of the rest take note of what is needed to be World Champion  and give Jason a run for his money next year .

Think Hans Andersen has and will give Crumpy a hard challenge next season

Professionally a role model for every speedway rider. Particularly the young Conference lads.

Of course but I think it is very important this season that we have a World Champion who is a full time Elite league rider, who doesn't use the league as just a testing ground for his equipment, and who is committed enough not to run to the doctor when he feels a bit under the weather and a GP is coming up. Some may not like his personality, some may dislike his flashes of temper, and others prejudiced against the colour of his hair but he has shown himself 100 per cent committed to the British Elite league. All British Elite fans should be congratulating him. I think he could go on from here and push himself for further records.

Congratulations to Jason for his second World Championship title - well won

Puts him on a par with Peter Craven as a double Belle Vue Aces World Champion

Jason's taking steps to put himself on a par with the all time greats and if he applies himself in the future as he has done this year who knows where it can take him. Jason has his eye on world championship history and is carving his niche there quite admirably

Well Done

Congratulations Jason

From the first season he rode at Peterboro as a 16 yr old it was obvious then that he could become a multi world champion and thats two down and more to come he truely is

THE THUNDER FROM DOWN UNDER

Congratulations to Jason Crump for his great 2006 World Championship victory.

Also a TRUE CHAMPION on and of track for both club and country.

Here's to many more to come over the next few years.

Great post :approve: and no need to read the rest: Apart from the club should be Peterborough but we had some brain deads in charge at the wrong time :mad:

THE THUNDER FROM DOWN UNDER

It not the same without a bit of AC/DC :blink: Hans has nicked "Let me entertain you" so if he is with Panthers in 2007 then here's to similar or better :unsure:

Edited by Crump99

Of course but I think it is very important this season that we have a World Champion who is a full time Elite league rider, who doesn't use the league as just a testing ground for his equipment, and who is committed enough not to run to the doctor when he feels a bit under the weather and a GP is coming up. Some may not like his personality, some may dislike his flashes of temper, and others prejudiced against the colour of his hair but he has shown himself 100 per cent committed to the British Elite league. All British Elite fans should be congratulating him. I think he could go on from here and push himself for further records.

I've just read this one - superb post :approve:

A real shame that he had to win in such a way, although he has been consistent throughout, A race win to decide would have been nice for him as he went out and proved in his next ride.

Never been a favourite of mine but can't help admiring the fella for sheer guts and true determination Congratulations Jason on your 2nd World Champion Title very much deserved.

Special mention to all the riders for showing their sportmanship towards him when congratulating him especially Greg Hancock (Does that man ever stop smiling :D )

Congratulations to Jason Crump on being a derserving World Champion this year - he's dominated the whole season internationally and domestically this year in a way no rider has for quite some time.

Some premature celebrations tonight, mind you - as Crumpie was only confirmed as World Champion when Hancock finished third in Heat 18. Reaching the semis on six points is highly unusual but Scott Nicholls did it in Lonigo last year and there was still a slim mathematical chance for Greg tonight as he lined up in Heat 18.

Had Greg won Heat 18, then Jonsson & Hampel failed to get those second places in Heats 19 & 20, there would have been some mighty red faces around as Greg lined up in the semis!! :D

All the best

Rob