British Speedway Forum
TonyMac

Issue 16

Just to let you all know that issue 16 is at the printers and will be mailed out to subscribers next Tuesday (Sept 12th).

Main interviews/features to look forward to...

GORDON KENNETT - on coping with diabetes, thoughts on becoming a Dane, his ex-wife, his fall out with Ole Olsen, his brothers and nephew, etc, etc.

VACLAV VERNER

DEFUNCT TRACK – HALIFAX (The Shay as it looks today - very sad!)

TED HOWGEGO

NIGEL CRABTREE

DENNY PYEATT Remembered

ALAN EMERSON

MITCH GRAHAM

MIKE BROADBANK

MASTERMIND QUIZ 2

Plus full colour pics of:

Ole Olsen/Tommy Knudsen/Mitch Shirra (Coventry 1979)

Kelly Moran (Sheffield)

Jeremy Doncaster (Ipswich)

Alan Wilkinson (Belle Vue 73)

Karl Fiala (Rye House 76)

George Hunter (Wolves 76)

Tormod Langli (Bristol)

Andrzej Tkocz (Poole)

Have you forgotten to renew is you expired after issue 15? Better get it done, or miss out on another feast of pure nostalgia!

Remember, you now save £5.00 on the normal cover price at the tracks by taking out a subscription for £16 (UK) – and you'll receive your copy first!

Edited by tmc

Main interviews/features to look forward to...

GORDON KENNETT - on coping with diabetes, thoughts on becoming a Dane, his ex-wife, his fall out with Ole Olsen, his brothers and nephew, etc, etc.

Looking forward to this one Tony seems like foreverago since the last one, Subscription done (just) :wink:

Glad to see no musicians in the colour section....

DEFUNCT TRACK – HALIFAX (The Shay as it looks today - very sad!)

Looking forward to that - I actually went to see the Blades reserves play there in the mid 90's, purely because it was at the Shay (Leeds were playing reserve games there at the time).

It hadn't been made into a "proper" four-sided football ground then, and I had to walk across to the other side, around the pitch, to the coffee bar, and the 3rd/4th bend was still there. I was full of it afterwards, telling people that I had actually walked on the track!! :)

Will be interested to read the Gordon Kennett interview, used to like him. I was only in London near White City a couple of weeks ago, you know how certain places put you in mind of certain people - well, whenever I think White City, that means Gordon Kennett!!

Edited by Tigerblade

My copy landed through the door today.

Had a brief glance through it and I have got to say that it does look a lot better with the splash of colour now included.

I look forward to reading it in more detail over the weekend.

Much Better use of the colour pages this issue.

:)

Mine came yesterday, good decision that I put it in my bag for the speedway, with our meeting being delayed :D

It was good that the pictures of the Shay were in colour, whenever we went we used to stand on the fourth bend banking, so it was great to see one of the pictures taken from that viewing point.

Really enjoyed the Gordon Kennett chapter,still my all time hero in the sport

also even though sad to read was nice to have a piece writen on Denny Pyeatt,I was at Hackney on the night of his accident its something you dont forget and I think its right we remember riders who have paid the ultimate price entertaing us.