British Speedway Forum

Agree totally, Tomasz Piszcz would have been better than Stead for the comets, better to watch, better rider & would have had more chance of winning!!

I obviously havent seen him at Sheffield but I think if Doolan has his head on he could easily challenge the big names.

But back to Havvy, he was awful last week and needs a big improvement but I think his big event mentality will see him bringing the title back to Teesside for the first time since Paul Bentley.

I obviously havent seen him at Sheffield but I think if Doolan has his head on he could easily challenge the big names.

But back to Havvy, he was awful last week and needs a big improvement but I think his big event mentality will see him bringing the title back to Teesside for the first time since Paul Bentley.

Havvy is used to it, not forgetting his magic moment in 1992! :D:wink:

Edited by Matousek

Here is a ist of the riders and there chance's in my opinion.

George Stancl Spoiler

Chris Holder Dark Horse

Kevin Doolan Possible Finalist

Carl Wilkinson Spoiler

Chris Neath No chance

Michael Makovsky Spoiler

Jason Lyons Dark Horse

Theo Pijper Dark Horse

Mark Lemon Possible Finalist

Gary Stead Dark Horse

Shane Parker Contender if he can string together the rides.

Andre Compton Contender

Tomas Topinka Contender depending on track conditions

Gary Havelock; Contender

Magnus Zetterstrom; Possible Finalist

Danny Bird Dark Horse

Here is a ist of the riders and there chance's in my opinion.

George Stancl Spoiler

Chris Holder Dark Horse

Kevin Doolan Possible Finalist

Carl Wilkinson Spoiler

Chris Neath No chance

Michael Makovsky Spoiler

Jason Lyons Dark Horse

Theo Pijper Dark Horse

Mark Lemon Possible Finalist

Gary Stead Dark Horse NO CHANCE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shane Parker Contender if he can string together the rides.

Andre Compton Contender

Tomas Topinka Contender depending on track conditions

Gary Havelock; Contender

Magnus Zetterstrom; Possible Finalist

Danny Bird Dark Horse

The rest i agree with

Disagree withthe Gary Stead no chance, Gary last year won his opening race, and that was after crashing a getting concussion.

From Owlerton form and also my opinion i dont think this will be far away for the final four in Compton , Havvy , Lemon , Doolan

Maybe not in that order but as i see it it,s Comptons to loose Next for me would be Havvy for me he has the craft to turn up and nick it

But its all ifs and buts i just hope we get a great meet and the best man on the day wins never mind who we think should or should not be there at the end of the day its down to your form over the year but the winner takes all on the day just like a GP roll on sun 26th 6pm :lol:

Just out of interest here, what exactly was Havvy's results that everyone sees as awful?

And sorry but I think on form and providing he is 100% fit and his engines are up to scratch on the day, Garry Stead could well surprise a few people.

I think the final will be Compton, Zetterstrom, Havelock and Parker with experience coming on top ahead of the young guns in this meeting.

Just out of interest here, what exactly was Havvy's results that everyone sees as awful?

And sorry but I think on form and providing he is 100% fit and his engines are up to scratch on the day, Garry Stead could well surprise a few people.

Have to agree with you there good bike and under rated if i thought it would be dry and slick i would fancy a result from him too but it won.t be it will be big licks 2 ft from the fence by the time the semi,s come round in the dirt same as every week.

Stll cant see how Gary Stead is in this as he is 4th in Workingtons averages.

actually, he's 2nd but don't let the facts get in the way of your fantasy world adventures :rolleyes:

also, he was top at the cut off date, hence how he qualified.

...hardly rocket science this speedway lark, is it? :wink: