British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PhilK

Pride Of The East - Kings Lynn

Each to their own I suppose. Still think it's far worthy of a better line up.

Suppose another reason we don't have other top PL names such as Boxall, Neath, Ashworth, Wilson, Zetterstrom etc etc not being invited is for the obvious reasons. Shame again really. :rolleyes:

Each to their own I suppose.  Still think it's far worthy of a better line up.

Suppose another reason we don't have other top PL names such as Boxall, Neath, Ashworth, Wilson, Zetterstrom etc etc not being invited is for the obvious reasons.  Shame again really. :rolleyes:

Agree shooting star, I would have made the journey tomorrow night if there was a chance of seeing riders you don't see week in week out at KL. Last season for example the line up included Jansson,Louis, Janniro, Watt, Shields? etc with a decent smattering of PL riders .

It may have been better in the circumstances to have given this meeting a different name and reverted back to the POTE next season when a more suitable line up was obtainable :neutral:

Does anyone have the riding order for tomorrow night obviously we have the 16 man line up but does anyone have the riders numbers???

thanks in advance :)

It may have been better in the circumstances to have given this meeting  a different name and reverted back to the POTE next season when a more suitable line up was obtainable :neutral:

It may have been better that this meeting be held at the end of the season instead of being smack bang in the middle of the most important time for the KL speedway team. :rolleyes:

Whats the weather looking like for tonight ?

This line-up does nought for me. Looks like a certain home winner. It doesnt make me want to get off me ass and get there im afraid.

Be interesting to hear how the track is for this week though. :D

Big..(ish ) Footie match on in KL tonight as well. Kings Lynn take on Norwich City in a benefit match for an injured player. The admission ? £5 ...looks a good deal that one.

Just some of the riders

Davey Watt

Chris Holder (Australian Under 21 Champion),

Troy Batchelor (Stars own Australian Wonder Kid),

Kevin Doolan,

Tomas Topinka (Stars Captain),

David Howe (British Elite League hero),

Shaun Tacey (former Lynn rider),

Mark Jones,(Brother of former Lynn Rider, Ashley Jones),

Theo Pijper,

Jason King,

Admission prices for the ‘Poultec Pride Of the East’ are Adults £13, Concessions £10, Juniors (12-15years) £4 and Kids 11 years and under FREE, this includes all

The weather is KingsLynn is sunny but a bit windy i will up date later if needed.

Line up includes all the Lynn team. :wink:

Big..(ish ) Footie match on in KL tonight  as well.  Kings Lynn take on  Norwich City in a benefit match for an injured player.  The admission ?  £5 ...looks a good deal that one.

Odds on for a King's Lynn win then. :P

This line-up does nought for me. Looks like a certain home winner. It doesnt make me want to get off me ass and get there im afraid

I hope you miss a real good one then :P A certain home winner, I reckon Messrs Holder, Watt, Howe and Tacey may have summat to say about that! And are you telling me that a race with Batchelor, Holder, Watt and Doolan won't be entertaining? Or Oliver, Jones, Mills and Harding? Or Topinka, Watt, Holder and Pijper? Or Howe, Tacey, Doolan and Harding? etc etc I'd certainly 1000% rather pay £10+ to watch this meeting than some ruddy old footie match for a fiver ................... no comparison, how could you even contemplate it! lol

My fingers will be thoroughly crossed hoping no injuries affect our team for the rest of the season. Still think it's a stupid time to hold the event. :angry:

I hope you miss a real good one then  :P   A certain home winner, I reckon Messrs Holder, Watt, Howe and Tacey may have summat to say about that!  And are you telling me that a race with Batchelor, Holder, Watt and Doolan won't be entertaining?  Or Oliver, Jones, Mills and Harding?  Or Topinka, Watt, Holder and Pijper?  Or Howe, Tacey, Doolan and Harding?  etc etc   I'd certainly 1000% rather pay £10+ to watch this meeting than some ruddy old footie match for a fiver ................... no comparison, how could you even contemplate it! lol

Tress you iz a far more commited supporter than i :D Im not a great lover of individual meets at the best of times. I hope for all you going i miss a real corker. :D I remember the days when The POE was an all star cast of who was who in Speedway. That line-up aint even nowhere near the best the Premier League has to offer. :blink:

Edited by semion

All Updates will appear in this window, please feel free to post any comments below.

Updater: Guy

Texter: Mr Mungo

SCB Referee: Mick Bates

Line-Up

1. Chris Mills - 3,2,0,2,2 = 9

2. Shaun Tacey - 0,0,2,1,1 = 4

3. Jason King - 2,2,Ex,0,1 = 5

4. David Howe - 1,3,0,2,1 = 7

5. Theo Pijper - 1,3,0,3,2 = 9

6. Daniel Nermark - 2,2,3,3,2 = 12 (2ND PLACE)

7. James Brundle - 0,1,1,1,2 = 5

8. Chris Holder - 3,1,Ex,3,3 = 10 (4TH PLACE)

9. Paul Lee - 0,1,3,1,3 = 8

10. Trevor Harding - 1,1,2,1,0 = 5

11. Troy Batchelor - 2,3,2,2,3 = 12 (3RD PLACE)

12. Davey Watt - 3,2,3,3,3 = 14 (1ST PLACE)

13. John Oliver - 0,0,3,0,0 = 3

14. Tomas Topinka - 3,3 Withdrawn = 6

15. Mark Jones - 1,0,1,0,1 = 3

16. Kevin Doolan - 2,0,1,2,0 = 5

Reserves

17. Simon Lambert - DNR

18. Nathan Irwin - 2,0,0 = 2

Heat Results

Heat 01: Mills, King, Howe, Tacey 60.6

Heat 02: Holder, Nermark, Pijper, Brundle 59.6

Heat 03: Watt, Batchelor, Harding, Lee 59.7

Heat 04: Topinka, Doolan, Jones, Oliver 60.5

Heat 05: Pijper, Mills, Lee, Oliver 60.8

Heat 06: Topinka, Nermark, Harding, Tacey 60.9

Heat 07: Batchelor, King, Brundle, Jones 60.7

Heat 08: Howe, Watt, Holder, Doolan 61.4

Heat 09: Nermark, Batchelor, Doolan, Mills 60.6

Heat 10: Watt, Tacey, Jones, Pijper 61.2

Heat 11: Lee, Irwin (Holder & King Ex) 62.2

Heat 12: Oliver, Harding, Brundle, Howe fell 62.3

Heat 13: Watt, Mills, Brundle, Irwin 61.3

Heat 14: Holder, Batchelor, Tacey, Oliver 61.4

Heat 15: Pijper, Doolan, Harding, King 63.0

Heat 16: Nermark, Howe, Lee, Jones 62.5

Heat 17: Holder, Mills, Jones, Harding 62.5

Heat 18: Lee, Brundle, Tacey, Doolan ef 63.0

Heat 19: Watt, Nermark, King, Oliver 62.4

Heat 20: Batchelor, Pijper, Howe, Irwin 62.1

Grand Final: Watt, Nermark, Batchelor, Holder

Comments:

Tonights meeting is 20 heats so each rider will have 5 rides and then the top 4 scorers will take part in the Grand Final with the winner being crowned the 2006 Pride Of The East Champion. There will be no Semi Final

Line Up Have Been Confirmed

Only one change to the original field as James Brundle replaces Tai Woffinden who is out with ilness

Heat 1 - Howe passed a slow Tacey at the end of the 2nd lap

Heat 2 - Great ride by Holder as he passed Nermark on lap 3 and that doesnt happen often

Heat 3 - Watt passed Batchelor on the 2nd lap, Batchelor tried to cut back but almost came off in the process

Heat 4 - Tight for the first couple of bends but spread out after that

Heat 5 - Great race Pijper third to first, Oliver held third until the final lap when he drifted too wide allowing Lee past

Heat 6 - Nermark passed Harding first lap only to go too wide and get re passed Nermark did it again on lap three but made it stick this time

Heat 7 - Jones held third comfortably until her got out of shape on lap 3 allowing Brundle passed

Heat 8 - Intresting, Elbows between Holder & Howe on the first bend, Holder tried passing Howe on lap 2 but got wildly out of shape and did very well not to come off. Was relegated to the back though, Passed Doolan on lap 3 but couldnt get near Watt

Heat 9 - Fron the gate, Batchelor chased hard though just ran out of room on the final bend

Heat 10 - Jones third to second to third. Tacey last to second, Pijper second to third to last over the course of the race. Mr Mungo couldnt hear the time

Heat 11 - Holder fell and is excluded, Fell while leading, similar to the previous race but this time unlike last time he couldnt hold on, he is up and okay which is the main thing

Heat 11 (Re-Run) - King fell while leading and Topinka couldnt avoid him. Heavy fall but he is up, King excluded

Tomas Topinka has withdrawn from the meeting and Nathan Irwin replaces him

Heat 12 - Howe fell while trying to pass Oliver, Harding passed Brundle on the 1st lap

Heat 13 - Watt by a mile, closer race between Mills and Brundle in the early stages

Heat 14 - Terrific race for first, Batchelor all over Holder with Holder just getting the win by inches

Heat 15 - Harding gated but passed by Doolan on lap 1, Pijper passed Harding on lap 2 and passed Doolan on lap 3!, great ride

Heat 16 - Howe passed Lee on lap 1, Lee then re passed him only for Howe to get back into 2nd on the 3rd lap

Heat 18 - Doolan had engine failure while challenging for the lead

Heat 19 - Nermark passed King at the end of the 1st lap, track is now very slick

Heat 20 - Batchelor never troubled

Grand Final - Daniel Nermark, Davey Watt, Troy Batchelor, Chris Holder

Grand Final - Watt again from the gate, worthy winner Holder challenged Batchelor briefly on lap 2 but his race fizzled out after that

Thanks to everyone for watching tonight and a special thanks to Mr Mungo for the texts

Congrats to Davey Watt on being crowned the 2006 Pride Of The East Champion and until next time take care and goodnight