British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Bydgoszcz Gp Chat Thread

Think Scott Nicholls has got as far as he is going to go now. Top 10 is about as good as it will get.

Nice to see Lazarus Lindback turn up tonight. Agree with SS, he really should have given it a miss

i think a lot of people on here are being a bit hard on scott,if he had'nt missed a gp,he might have made the top eight. and your comment about top ten is about as good as it gets,well if he is among the top ten in the world he should be in the gp's imo. and finally if anyone on here thinks jagus will compete on the smaller man made tracks your deluding yourselves.

and finally if anyone on here thinks jagus will compete on the smaller man made tracks your deluding yourselves.

yer darned tootin he will do a Pepe = b*ggar all

What a fantastic meeting - a cracking advert for speedway but yet again Tony Millard's ramblings and mistakes make cringeworthy TV - get rid of him Sky for christ's sake!

I personally found parts of Millard's commentary very good! :D

ATB

Dave

I love it when the 'Dullard' gets more thread space and air time than the riders - just turn the sound off and put the 'Ride of the Valkryes' on instead :rolleyes:

and finally if anyone on here thinks jagus will compete on the smaller man made tracks your deluding yourselves.

Hampel gets on okay with Cardiff. Been in the final the last couple of seasons. And that's more than Nicholls has ever managed. And Jagus is there on merit. He got off his backside and entered the qualifying tournament, which Nicholls appears to believe lies beneath his princely status. Perhaps it's being dellusional to believe Nicholls still deserves a place?

More like...when he mentioned the excellent Spreadsheet he was using!

Aha - I did hear that through the haze of the rest of his comments and wonder if it was you. Nice one - fame at last eh?! :approve::D

Hampel gets on okay with Cardiff. Been in the final the last couple of seasons. And that's more than Nicholls has ever managed. And Jagus is there on merit. He got off his backside and entered the qualifying tournament, which Nicholls appears to believe lies beneath his princely status. Perhaps it's being dellusional to believe Nicholls still deserves a place?

They should have proper qualifying meetings where all the riders have to get in to the GP by merit

I showed in my 'fantasy' GP how 32 riders could ride in the GP

Where there's a will there is away

But those who run speedway don't seem to have the will to find new ways to galvanise the GP's

Tonights meeting for instance was a good meeting with some good races but in the end it all ran out of steam

It's been a good 2 years watching speedway - but after the final fling of the last few meetings I will see this season - that's it for me

After last weeks experience at BV and the performance of Reading - methinks it's time to find something else to do other than watch speedway

Last week at BV was truly the straw that broke the camel's back

hampel is a different class of rider,and has had experience of smaller british tracks,which is a big advantage.

nicholls problem has always been his gating,but his style of racing creates a lot of excitement,if he is not it the 2007 series,he will be a big loss to us all.

i think a lot of people on here are being a bit hard on scott,if he had'nt missed a gp,he might have made the top eight. and your comment about top ten is about as good as it gets,well if he is among the top ten in the world he should be in the gp's imo. and finally if anyone on here thinks jagus will compete on the smaller man made tracks your deluding yourselves.

Whether Jagus competes or not doesnt really matter - he has qualified through the proper channels. Anyway it will be good to see some new faces in the GP next year. Tbh he cant do any worse than Rico this year - surely

I do not believe for one moment that Scott did not take part in the world Champs qualifying because he felt it was beneath him. He wanted to prove to the fans and probably more importantly to himself for his own confidence, that he could qualify automatically. Sadly, it was not to be and I'm quite sure that he is now devastated. I hope for all of us British speedway fans, that he swallows his pride and accepts a Wild Card entry for next season. I just cannot imagine a Cardiff GP without Scott Nicholls and I'm quite sure that BSI would feel the pinch financially if he was not included.

hampel is a different class of rider,and has had experience of smaller british tracks,which is a big advantage.

nicholls problem has always been his gating,but his style of racing creates a lot of excitement,if he is not it the 2007 series,he will be a big loss to us all.

Ah yes, the old chestnut of Nicholls being a "racer". But Bydgoszcz is a "racer's track" and Nicholls still did nothing. Jagus will be there next season on merit. He qualified. Nicholls will be hanging around BSI with his begging bowl, even though he's already said that if he couldn't qualify he didn't deserve to be there.

Whether Jagus competes or not doesnt really matter - he has qualified through the proper channels. Anyway it will be good to see some new faces in the GP next year. Tbh he cant do any worse than Rico this year  - surely

maybe not.

personally i do not like the qualifying system for gp's,and would prefer to see the top 16 riders in the world competing.

Ah yes, the old chestnut of Nicholls being a "racer". But Bydgoszcz is a "racer's track" and Nicholls still did nothing. Jagus will be there next season on merit. He qualified. Nicholls will be hanging around BSI with his begging bowl, even though he's already said that if he couldn't qualify he didn't deserve to be there.

hardly fair to say he "did nothing",he scored seven points the same as jason crump