British Speedway Forum
Boothers

Kevin Little Farewell Meeting

It says in the SS that Bjarne Pedersen will be riding. I assume he will be riding for the Diamonds? Can anyone confirm?

A Newcastle side including Bjarne, Kenneth Bjerre and Stuart Robson would be a mouth watering prospect!

If, when you talk about B. Pedersen, your referring to the Speedway Star on February 24th I interpret the article in a totally different way and they aren't talking about B. Pedersen riding in Kev's farewell meeting.

Diamonds manager English says 'We've also (aswell as Bjerre) got another ex - diamond, Stuart Robson int the side, and though I know the full line - up I won't reveal anymore'.

Then it goes on to say 'Following in Bjerre's footsteps aswell as those of B. Pedersen's, newboy Jonas Raun arrives from Denmark at the beginning of March to take part in a 3 - day training session organised by Team Denmark in Eastbourne. Both Pedersen and Bjerre did the same before linking up with the Diamonds'.

So I interpret it as them talking about the training session and not Kev's meeting. Also' Poole are riding at Swindon on the same night. I maybe wrong and if I am then i've spent ALL this time writing a load of crap. :cry:

If, when you talk about B. Pedersen, your referring to the Speedway Star on February 24th I interpret the article in a totally different way and they aren't talking about B. Pedersen riding in Kev's farewell meeting.

Diamonds manager English says 'We've also (aswell as Bjerre) got another ex - diamond, Stuart Robson int the side, and though I know the full line - up I won't reveal anymore'.

Then it goes on to say 'Following in Bjerre's footsteps aswell as those of B. Pedersen's, newboy Jonas Raun arrives from Denmark at the beginning of March to take part in a 3 - day training session organised by Team Denmark in Eastbourne. Both Pedersen and Bjerre did the same before linking up with the Diamonds'.

So I interpret it as them talking about the training session and not Kev's meeting. Also' Poole are riding at Swindon on the same night. I maybe wrong and if I am then i've spent ALL this time writing a load of crap.  :cry:

Isnt that funny Marron... you have written the same cr*p on the Bears forum....lol :P

It says in the SS that Bjarne Pedersen will be riding. I assume he will be riding for the Diamonds? Can anyone confirm?

A Newcastle side including Bjarne, Kenneth Bjerre and Stuart Robson would be a mouth watering prospect!

Taken from the Speedway Star, 3rd. March 2007:-

(Bjarne) Pedersen, meanwhile, has confirmed that he will be lining up in the Kevin Little Farewell meeting at Redcar on April 5th.

The former World No. 6 said:" I used to ride with Kevin at Newcastle and he was a great team-mate to have. I enjoyed racing alongside him and am really looking forward to taking part in his Testimonial."

BP obviously intended to ride in this meeting but won't be able to if Poole are at Swindon that night. (Haven't checked the fixture list yet.)

Kevin stated at last nights Redcar Bears 'Meet the Riders' evening that Richard Hall has also confirmed.

A class field for the 'real' meeting and the 'veterans' running a mini pairs meeting. Kevin and his team have put together a very attractive looking evenings entertainment.

N.B. The Meeting has so much to get through that it will start 30 minutes earlier than normal at 19:00 (that's seven o'clock in english time!)

TEAM LINEUPS IN THE MAIN EVENT SO FAR:

REDCAR: Gary Havelock, Shane Parker, Chris Kerr.

NEWCASTLE: Kenneth Bjerre, Stuart Robson, Richard Hall.

EDINBURGH: Rory Schlein, William Lawson.

WORKINGTON: Kauko Nieminen, James Wright, Joe Screen.

The PREMIER LEAGUE LEGENDS are – MIDDLESBROUGH: Martin “Mad Dog” Dixon and Mark Courtney, EDINBURGH: Peter Carr and Kenny McKinna, BERWICK: Scott Lamb and Sean Courtney, NEWCASTLE: Paul “Banger” Bentley and David Blackburn.

I have just put onto Ebay, the chance to spend the meeting with the referee (Graham Reeve).

This is a unique chance to see what happens behind the scenes & assist Graham with any decisions. You will also join in the pre-meeting briefing with the Team Managers & Riders.

Ref no for bids - 250097358304

See the following link to an e-bay auction for the chance to be the referee at Kevin Little's Farewell meeting at Redcar on 05/04/07:-

BE THE REF LINK

(PS Tried to PM an admin to see if I was ok to post this, but you cant seem to PM the one I picked - although she could PM me! Hope I'm not breaking any rules :) )

Oops just noticed that JulieR has mentioned this on Kevins Meeting thread. Admins may wish to delete this or merge the threads. Sorry :oops:

STONEY’S BACK FOR KEVIN!

The great news for Speedway fans and for Kevin Little in particular is that THE Premier League Legend Carl Stonehewer will be riding in the Legends’ heats in Kevin’s Benefit at Redcar on 5th April.

“I don’t think I’ll sleep tonight!” said Kevin after Stoney had phoned him with the news. The former Workington hero hasn’t ridden since receiving a serious arm injury in 2005 but he will be donning leathers again in two weeks time.

Kevin says “As far as the Premier League is concerned, he was always THE man to beat home and away. The number one.

“I spent most of my career trying to beat him and then in 2005 I ended up paired with him! What a privilege that was – he was great to ride with, I just had to look and he was there.

“He is a fantastic character and it is a great boost that he’s prepared to come and ride in my meeting.”

Stonehewer will be paired with Martin Dixon, with whom he won the 1997 Premier League Pairs in the colours of Long Eaton 10 years ago.

TEAM LINEUPS IN THE MAIN EVENT SO FAR:

REDCAR: Gary Havelock, Shane Parker, Chris Kerr.

NEWCASTLE: Kenneth Bjerre, Stuart Robson, Richard Hall, George Stancl.

EDINBURGH: Rory Schlein, William Lawson, Ronnie Correy.

WORKINGTON: Joe Screen, Kauko Nieminen, James Wright.

The PREMIER LEAGUE LEGENDS are – MIDDLESBROUGH: Martin “Mad Dog” Dixon and Carl Stonehewer, EDINBURGH: Peter Carr and Kenny McKinna, BERWICK: Scott Lamb and Sean Courtney, NEWCASTLE: Paul “Banger” Bentley and David Blackburn.

From Mike Hunter's press release.

Is this meeting all ticket? Or are they availiable on the night. Am going to come to this now Stoney is riding.

no you can pay on the day at redcar but get thre early or will be parked at the back of the spedway track . not sure of price yet ..