British Speedway Forum
Boothers

Kevin Little Farewell Meeting

Kevin was at Redcar (South Tees Motorsports Park) last night for the Cleveland Bays match and was interviewed during the interval by Gareth Rogers.

Kevin will be holding a farewell meeting at the STMP early next year (planned date Thursday 05 April 2007). Riders will be invited from Kevin's previous clubs (so it could be a double header :D ) and it sounds as though some local names may be dragged kicking and screaming out of retirement !

There are also plans for 'A Bit of a Do' - an evening out in Middlesbrough area around the same time and a couple of Race Nights being planned during the close season - one in Middlesbrough and one in Newcastle.

More details will be added as things are formalised.

i cant wait its on my birthday {fingers crossed} the meeting not my birthday:D :D:D

Edited by teessidepaul

The first event to launch Kevin's farewell has now been arranged.

It will be a quiz, followed by a disco on Thursday 30th November at 7.30pm. Prices are £7 adults & £3 under 16's, this covers both the quiz & disco.

It will be held at the Thistle Hotel, which is just off the A66, on the oposite side of the carriageway by Middlesborough Football Club.

Come along for a good night out & to support Kevin.

Tickets can be purchased in advance from Lorraine Turner, on 01642 510207, at the Bays party night, or at the door on the night.

Be good if its going to be riders from his previous clubs atm theres some good riders at them henry,pjiper,stancl etc etc

Hope he gets some top riders to turn out. :D  :D

We have some good riders provisionally planned, but until fixtures etc come out cant release any names, but watch this space. :)

Will Kev's Testamonial be an individual or team event or maybe something else.

The main event will be a team event set up as a 4-Team- Tournament with the riders separated into riding for Bears, Newcastle, Workington and Edinburgh (his last 4 clubs).

It says in the SS that Bjarne Pedersen will be riding. I assume he will be riding for the Diamonds? Can anyone confirm?

A Newcastle side including Bjarne, Kenneth Bjerre and Stuart Robson would be a mouth watering prospect!

It says in the SS that Bjarne Pedersen will be riding. I assume he will be riding for the Diamonds? Can anyone confirm?

A Newcastle side including Bjarne, Kenneth Bjerre and Stuart Robson would be a mouth watering prospect!

I think that the piece in the star is wrong! As Poole are at Swindon that night in Elite league action. So Bjarne will be at Blunsdon.