British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Chris Harris in the GP '07

Well I'm gutted, I'll still cheer them on at Cardiff but would of been happier if Mark had been there as a Wildcard :cry:

great to see bomber and womb raider as the brit entries, both men of great integrity.

Well done to Harris in getting in the GP's. Think he has deserved it over Stead on recent form alone.

...though in the longer term hopefully both will be in. Remind me though - how was he selected? :unsure:

well done bomber, great news.

hope he can get some good sponsorship behind him and improve his gating.

he should be a great edition to the gp series.

Ah well, at least a Pole won't finish last this coming season.

Hey lets not a ''young'' lad before hes ran. Unfair, has he has not pleaded to BSI or be given a nice bye. Hes just been given a nomination, although for his nationality, its no need to pick on Harris.

I'd like to watch him around Krsko and Bydgoszcz. Someone needs to invest in him and the same applies to Jagus. Both riders can be incredible to watch providied machinery and track conditions allow it.

excellent news for Bomber and hopefully the bees as every time he makes a step up in the international arena we also see the benefits. He does really need to work on his gating, and hope he can get some decent backing.

Cardiff will be an even better day.....

The question is can he score more points than Lee Richardson? I doubt it.

Ah well, at least a Pole won't finish last this coming season.

this may be the first year a brit finishes last

at last a rider that might make it interesting!

what like Protasiewicz kept everyone on their toes

about the same

who else would you suggest that would make the gp's interesting?

its obvious for viewing figures ther needs to be at least two British riders, when its placed that way, is ther really a choice?

why should there be 2 british riders. If they are good enough, they should be in

read below

I can see why they have done it, that they wanted 2 British riders but to be honest we don't have British riders good enough at the moment. If they wanted the best riders in the GP series Peter Karlsson should of been in there.

Peter Karlsson should have been the only choice

Well done Bomber!! think he will surprize all you doubters!! He will do much better than Lee (i feel poorly) Richardson. The bomber knockers on here clearly havent seen some of his european scores and dont forget he only just missed out on qualifying!!! You should all get behind him not knock him.......oh i forgot he's British..Prehaps he should change his name to Christoff Harisssen!!

Edited by BeesFan

The bomber knockers on here clearly havent seen some of his european scores

and dont forget he only just missed out on qualifying!!!

oh i forgot he's British..Prehaps he should change his name to Christoff Harisssen!!

Bet they really are more impressive than those of PK arent they !!

Just missed out of the final - PK just missed out on qualyfing !!

Its a World Championship, nationalality should not come into it. If they are good enough, then fine. A wild Card is available at each round to have a home rider there, not a regular slot. !!

Three points made, Peter Karlsson qualifies ahead of him on each one . . anything else you can think of that justifies Harris ahead of PK ??

sorry TNT didnt mean to offend you swedes but im British i want as many Brits in the GP as possible.

Not sure if anyone has read this as the thread is now closed but JL that is a quality posting :lol: couldn't let that one slip by :lol:

of course not they have kicked out PP!

"They" being, of course, the ones who selected him in the first place. In fact, of BSI's much-vaunted nominations last time around, only Hampel and Zagar have qualified for 2007, while Protasiewicz, Iversen and Richardson have been shown the exit. Nicholls is in fourth chance saloon and Lindback in third chance saloon.