British Speedway Forum

Guest Babe619

To be honest, I think that riders who weren't in the top 8 in the GP last year shouldn't be put back in. They obviously weren't good enough to qualify! Give the places to some new riders.

I don't see the point of the rule being the top 8 qualify for next year but then giving riders outside the top 8 the extra places! :rolleyes:

Edited by Babe619

Jagus and Holta at least qualified. The real wasters are Nicholls and Harris, neither of whom qualified. And Harris is less of a waster than Nicholls, who shames the sport with his constantly having to beg for a place at the GPs.

not fair - in that comparision then lindback, Bpedersen are wasters.

Well, it should be Peter Karlsson instead of Chris Harris, but otherwise I agree with that list of riders.

All the best

Rob

Subedei wrote on the other now locked thread (therefore let's move the discussion onto this one):

"Anyway, any chance of those among you who posted that you want to see "the best 15 riders" in the GP coming on and criticising Harris' inclusion. I doubt any of you are deluded enough to say that Harris is superior to Kolodziej."

Sub,

I'll stay consistent. Harris was not in my list of the world's top 15. I don't think Harris should be in the 2007 GP series - it's a year or two too early for him. He's amongst the best 30 in the world, but not amongst the best 15.

The only Brit in next year's series should be Scott Nicholls.

Incidentally, why do you keep mentioning Kolodziej? It doesn't do your argument any good. He's been very inconsistent when I've seen him. Like Harris, I would place him in the best 30 in the world, but certainly not amongst the best 15.

Peter Karlsson is a better rider than either of them - but isn't in the 2007 GP series. There's the injustice, that Harris has been picked ahead of PK (the only rider in my top 15 who won't be in the 2007 series). If you started banging on about that, as opposed to your one-man crusade against Scott Nicholls, I'm sure more people would listen.

All the best

Rob

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO to the moderators.......at least let me enjoy Scott getting a wildcard and upsetting the Mongolian Mincer

jirout

Why was the other thread locked anyway?

There was no bad language or anyone being particulary nasty to each other.

True, the discussion had been going round in circles, but with the nomation of Nicholls and Harris, it would have moved on.

Also, I wanted to see how quickly my old Mongolian chum could rack up 500 posts on the same thread!!! :wink:

All the best

Rob

Mr Canary...i mean peasley

Fully agree my man.......shocking.....ive been away 4 days and dont get a chance to laugh heartily and old Polish boys posts....As for Mr Kolodiej in the GPs.....best he finds a new tyre supplier first...:-))))

jirout

i agree rob, i think the best 15 riders in the world should be in the gp series, i have said this before and will say it again.

if pk had been picked ahead of bomber then i wouldn't have been complaining that bomber should be in there instead of him as i dont think he is one of the top 15 riders yet.

but bomber is in there now and i will give him my 100% backing next season.

Jagus isn't a waster. However, for Jagus & Chris Harris to live with the competiton, they both need big money sponsors.

no Jagus is defenitely not a waster he was this seasons best rider in the Swedish league.

So he has absolutely earned his place in the GP series and remember hi did finish 4th in the Polish GP.

Why was the other thread locked anyway?

Did we need three different threads about Harris getting into the GP's then ?

Personally, I doubt the lad himself is bangin' on about it as much as some of ya ! :P

I'm not a Nicholls fan, as evidenced by my other posting, but perhaps with the change in extenuating cirucmstances, he may do better next year. He'll be better rested for the GP's if there aren't any outside distractions. Unless of course its his turn for nappy duty the night before!! :D:P

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO to the moderators.......at least let me enjoy Scott getting a wildcard and upsetting the Mongolian Mincer

jirout

Double boo to the moderators for denying me the right of reply on the thread.

Why should I be upset? Once again I was proved 100% correct. I said Nicholls had no honour, dignity and integrity and his acceptance of a corrupt nomination just proved that to be correct. Once again, sorry to disappoint, but I am serene in this the time of vindication.

No Honour...No Integrity...No Dignity...surprised they dont cancel Saddam Hussains trial for a Scott Nicholls one :-)

The one thing he does have though is pride every time he pulls on a GB race jacket...which is what it is all about in my book...Not for you obviously cos you want yet another gating boring Pole in the GPs.....however when it comes to integrity and honour...How come the majority of the Poles in the UK dont honour the contracts they signed at the start of the season to ride each meeting for there English clubs

As for corruption.....

JIROUT