British Speedway Forum

I have been to see Richard Franklin this morning and there is good news and bad news.

His right wrist IS broken 

Get well soon Titch and please stop growing otherwise we will need a new  nickname for you 

So the Fairies are on hand to help if he's right handed :lol: and I thought you only went to look at his arm :P

If you really want a good show,lasers,laughs,autogram stand,topless fire-eaters,Stephan Katt is bloody magic on the little track,Sidecars were bloody mad but boy did they battle like it was for the World Championship,a blooming crazy start marshall,etc,etc......all the things that Brighton maybe used to be,plus German beer then next weekend is for you :D

Oh,and last year there was even a punch-up between 2 Swedish riders(who will remain anonymous)

NOS B)

And in February 2007 we have a weekend of indoor speedway +those loony MotoX riders jumping in the air and doing all sorts of mad and crazy things while up there

Kiel

Edited by iris123

By the way -Im special!!! :D

Yes its official...Sandie is special! And all because of a 3 letter word!!!! :wink:

Actually getting Mr LW to sit next to you in Pizza Hut was was no mean feat either! :approve:

So the Fairies are on hand to help if he's right handed  :lol: and I thought you only went to look at his arm

He's 14 years old for chr**t sake Shazz - wot do you think I am!! (No dont answer that - I know you said it i jest)

And it wouldnt suprise me if the boy is ambidextrous!!! :D

And LW - he sat next to me - I was in the corner!!!! Still not sure I can get his sense of humour yet but he's a lovely fella. :D

Any luck yet Leigh working out if those things sticking out the wall were supports? :unsure: Im still not sure whether to believe him or not :D

He's 14 years old for chr**t sake Shazz - wot do you think I am!! (No dont answer that - I know you said it i jest)

And it wouldnt suprise me if the boy is ambidextrous!!!  :D

Bet there's a young fairy lurking in the background somewhere, there has to be another generation soon! :P:lol:

That you'd finally got a sense of humour...???!!!! ;)  :D

Didn't realise you were a Carry On fan Parsloes, as your humour suggests :D

Pity i didnt know you were there sunday mate, we could have chatted over a few pints, it would have helped to alleviate the boredom of a pretty cr*p event.

Dugard falling over if it looked like he might lose, Kennett, MsConnell and all the other usual suspects yawn.

Agree with Shovlar, 8 teams of pairs, or even 16 and have the meeting across the whole day, the individual was a disgrace, are you listening Dugards and Cook!!

Any news on Robo?  It looked painful by the way he went down.  I hope there's no serious damage.

Heard from the man yesterday, wrist is a bit tender but no real damage unlike the bike!

During an interview in one of the evening many breaks Jon cook was being asked about other posible venues for indoor speedway.

How About this......

Taken from www.millenium-dome.com

The O2 Centre Greenwich sets July 2007 opening date

April 12, 2006

Owners of The O2, AEG Europe, today announced the venue was set for a July 2007 opening and revealed landmark progress in the construction programme.

Sitting at the centre piece on the site of the former Millennium Dome, The O2 Arena now boasts a fully-raised roof and outline. The purpose-built street, which wraps around the complex and will contain a 2,000 capacity Live Music Club, 11 screen cinema, exhibition and theatre spaces as well as bars and restaurants, is now clearly defined.

The O2 will host the Gymnastics and Basketball finals whilst in 2009, it will play host to the Artistic Gymnastics World Championships.

The first purpose-built music venue in London since The Royal Albert Hall in 1871, The O2 Arena offers previously unavailable benefits for artists, customers and media. A flexible frame means a bespoke capacity can be set from two people to 23,000; an unprecedented 50 tonnes of equipment can be hung from its roof, whilst the main floor can be transformed to an ice rink in two hours. Consumers can enjoy wide armchair soft seating and broadcasters can take advantage of integrated, high definition broadcast capabilities when covering entertainment and sporting events.

...........ideal venue who know's?

Would be easier to get to for most fans, easier parking, potientialy bigger track for better racing. Not to mention a venue with a more "glamourous stigma" about it could attract bigger names!!

Wouldn't suffer overheads such as rental of a venue nearer the centre of london (Earls Court, Olimpia, Wembly arena etc etc)

Maybe the more centrally located NEC in Birmingham could come into the equation?

Edited by darth raider

...........ideal venue who know's?

Would be easier to get to for most fans, easier parking, potientialy bigger track for better racing. Not to mention a venue with a more "glamourous stigma" about it could attract bigger names!!

Wouldn't suffer overheads such as rental of a venue nearer the centre of london (Earls Court, Olimpia, Wembly arena etc etc)

While it would certainly be good, just because it's in London I can't see how it's any easier to get to (I'd prefer the M23 from the M25 to Brighton over driving in London myself). Not sure about your parking point, I drove striaght into a car park, didn't queue at all, only had to stop to gret a ticket and wait for the barrier to go up. I agree about the bigger track thing though, would be a major plus point.

Edited by SCB

Guest Jim Blanchard

I might have got this around my neck (I usually do) but can I recall and indoor speedway event taking place at the NEC Birmingham?

If not, I would have thought it would be an ideal location. Plus, of course providing it was a viable in terms of the cost of the rent and putting it on in relation to the realistic income from the sales of seats. Could be a lot bigger that is for sure but it would be a question of cost. I think the main hall at Stoneleigh where the speedway show was held is about £35K for a weekend.

I might have got this around my neck (I usually do) but can I recall and indoor speedway event taking place at the NEC Birmingham?

If not, I would have thought it would be an ideal location. Plus, of course providing it was a viable in terms of the cost of the rent and putting it on in relation to the realistic income from the sales of seats. Could be a lot bigger that is for sure but it would be a question of cost. I think the main hall at Stoneleigh where the speedway show was held is about £35K for a weekend.

Firstly, Nice to meet you sunday :)

And yeah there was. I have a badge from an event there. ( It was in a coventry goodie bag ;) )

I agree though. deffinately a great location. Much more central and a main train station.

But if they were to move, then who would do it? Cant really see the dugards travelling up here to prepare the venue.

I can't remember the year, but it was the Lada Classic, of the riders competing I only recall Steve Bastable, so that might give a clue to how long ago it was...