British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Subedei

Simon Stead

:rolleyes:

Rabs,it's bad enough Subedei starting off another one of these threads without you antagonising the Loram camp on here :P

Nothing wrong with Camp Loram we all have our favourites :wink:

As far as Simon Stead goes he's a Brit and whoever gets chosen for a wildcard at Cardiff (as long as it's not Richardson) I'll cheer them on regardless. :approve:

None of them.  Freddie Williams was.

Not him. That fine old English gentleman Tommy Price. :approve:

Yep very boring...heard it all before  :rolleyes:

Hi Adele,

I agree that whatever he may think and say himself, he's not ready. I feel he has to achieve more in the reality sense before he can progress any further.

Now, calm down, KitKat, you know me better than to think I mean Simon. I'm talking about Sube. :lol:

Stay well - stay you,

Ron. :D

Hi Adele,

I agree that whatever he may think and say himself, he's not ready.  I feel he has to achieve more in the reality sense before he can progress any further.

Now, calm down, KitKat, you know me better than to think I mean Simon.  I'm talking about Sube.  :lol:

Stay well - stay you,

Ron.  :D

I'd say he is as ready as Bomber is..................

Not him.  That fine old English gentleman Tommy Price.  :approve:

Hi Ron

Tommy Price my favorite rider Back in the good old days.

Regards Tony.

Nothing wrong with ambition. Although I'm inclined to agree with Subedei in the sense that Simon Stead is nowhere near GP-standard at the moment.

There's nothing wrong in this thread in my opinion, and these were my thoughts yesterday as I read the SS interview in the SS. He was well beaten by Harris in the meeting that actually really counted (racing wise) and that was the Grand Final in Vetlanda. Harris beat him by six points and also in their heat which Harris won and Stead was third behind Laukkanen.

So stop whining Simon!

Edited by f-s-p

Form is temporary and class is permanent. In the greater scheme of things, Stead is at least as good a prospect as Harris, possibly better. Harris is currently riding better, but it won't necessarily stay that way.

Both are good riders, but if they werent english would they be even considered a GP place, unlikely.

Agree with Subedui, Stead is not a GP standard rider, but disagree that he wont ever be. I for one hope he is in next year instead of Nicholls.

Totally irrelevant who we have in the GPs as for one reason or another we cant gate to save ourselves and until we catch up with the likes of the Scandinavians our on track performances are not worth comparing until we grtasp the "drop the clutch and go" theory!

Edited by shady

Sensible post, Superguest. :approve: Sad fact is that we're struggling to find any British riders who are consistently GP standard. We should be well up there in the top half dozen every year. :unsure:

There's nothing wrong in this thread in my opinion, and these were my thoughts yesterday as I read the SS interview in the SS. He was well beaten by Harris in the meeting that actually really counted (racing wise) and that was the Grand Final in Vetlanda. Harris beat him by six points and also in their heat which Harris won and Stead was third behind Laukkanen.

So stop whining Simon!

It only mattered if you finished in the top 3. Neither did. This meeting is as relevant/irrelevant as any other for these two non qualifiers.

I'd say he is as ready as Bomber is..................

Who, Subedei? :shock:

Form is temporary and class is permanent.  In the greater scheme of things, Stead is at least as good a prospect as Harris, possibly better.  Harris is currently riding better, but it won't necessarily stay that way.

I struggle to conjure with a sensible person posting "form is temporary and class is permanent" regarding Simon Stead. Come on, let's all try a little realism. Stead is closer to being a Premier League standard rider than a GP standard rider. He lingered far too long in that league and squandered his opportunities.