British Speedway Forum

Rain stopped at about 2.00pm today, now dry and bright. There is some sun bit it's low and weak. Let's hope that there is a long period now of dry, windy weather this evening and tonight to give track that bit of help.

cheers everyone. will you be making the trip to this one sid?

maybe, depends on weather in the morning (probably like a lot of other people)

Guest Steve Dixon
12 more riders than other tracks manage to get racing at this time of year. :rolleyes:

I am not complaining, was simply answering the post!

Can anyone give us a weather update before 10 ish perhaps, cheers kids :blink:

When it's updated on the hotline, I'm sure someone will post whats happening - fingers crossed for tomorrow!

The track is packed down hard the rain was running off ok. We are prepared for the rain if it comes it looks likely. there will be updates on hotline from 8am

with the meeting starting at 1pm, it should be finished before the rain comes

with the meeting starting at 1pm, it should be finished before the rain comes

Sorry to rain on your parade waspie (no pun intended) but sky is showing that the next band of rain sweeps into Wales during the night travelling eastwards reaching Newport at about 3.00am and continuing to rain for the rest of the day and into Sunday evening. The only dry area showing is to the North East and parts of Scotland. Let's hope it's not too heavy and Tim can get it on and finished.

Just spoken to Tim and he says the meeting is going ahead. The majority of forecasts are giving light rain or showers and he says that the track will be able to cope and that the riders he has spoken to are raring to go. With the line up they have I reckon they will be giving it their all as well so should be a good meeting.

If it is really wet i hope no one take too many chances!! We dont want any injuries for the new season.

Sorry to rain on your parade waspie (no pun intended) but sky is showing that the next band of rain sweeps into Wales during the night travelling eastwards reaching Newport at about 3.00am and continuing to rain for the rest of the day and into Sunday evening. The only dry area showing is to the North East and parts of Scotland. Let's hope it's not too heavy and Tim can get it on and finished.

sorry mate, totally read that forcast wrong! :oops:

hope the meeting goes ahead and everyone enjoys it

Waspie

The latest forcast that I have seen on Metcheck shows it raining all day, I will be very surprised if the meeting goes ahead.