British Speedway Forum

Good Meeting Pinstripe? it was absolutely dire, on a lovely sunny (early on) day for Winter, the track was more akin to Ice Speedway, with riders falling in virtually every heat. This was on the edge of bringing the sport into disrepute, in my opinion naturally!

Thats a shame MFE as every other post on here supports a good day out and some good racing.

Didnt use the loos so cant comment

And the FIM, BSI and a serial failure are quite capable of achieving that without any help from Newport.

Careful Sub - this post has nothing to do with the topic and could be classed as Trolling!

In the winter the problem is once something gets wet it generally stay wet - speedway track included. Considering its been raining almost non-stop for god knows how long I'm not surprised is was a bit slippery.

I do agree though that it wasn't the best Welsh Open I've seen.

You are quite right Diesel, thats why they invented! sawdust!

Thats a shame MFE as every other post on here supports a good day out and some good racing.

Didnt use the loos so cant comment

Careful Sub - this post has nothing to do with the topic and could be classed as Trolling!

Sandie, yes, in my younger days, i would stand and think everything is great too, but rather more subjective these days - perhaps someone can tell me what was good about it though, slow presentation, falls, engine failures, pot holes (has Karl Mason ever finished a race) nice to meet people have not seen since October!

The facilities at Newport are disgraceful, its about time some investment was put into the Stadium maybe through a Business Partner for Tim Stone, it could be a wonderful little place, I'm sure that is why crowds are hard to attract!

Dear MFE,

How exactly do you think that sawdust would have made any difference?

If the track base is rock hard, it would make little difference if you had wet shale or wet sawdust.

If you go to a premier speedway track with a large percentage of PL/CL riders you do not expect to get the same speedway as at an EL track in the middle of summer.

If you were so worried about a puddle, you could have asked somebody for a broom and sorted it out yourself, after all the people who would have done it if asked, would have been a volunteer.

I take it that you did not use the new facilities at Newport?

As for bringing speedway into disrepute, that is completely out of order. If you were not happy, do not go again. I wish I could have been there myself but I could not. If you want to consider this meeting as such, then what does that make Brighton and Telford?

I think you will find that at most EL tracks this year you will be paying more than £15 for admission and a programme.

Best wishes,

Judy

Thought i would air my views on yesterdays meeting seen as we decided to make the trip with our friends!

Nice and Sunny when we got down to Newport! Wasn't like last year when it was FREEZING cold :lol:

Meeting - Well, tbh i would i was pretty boring! The only good part was the last heat when there was some proper racing!

I know alot of riders pulled out but that's not there fault that it was rained off the week before!

Crowd was pretty poor i think!

Maybe some better riders next year please?

Meeting - Well, tbh i would i was pretty boring! The only good part was the last heat when there was some proper racing!

I take it from your post that you did not have any friends wanting to go with you....... :lol::lol::lol:

Best wishes,

Judy

I take it from your post that you did not have any friends wanting to go with you....... :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I was with friends but that's not the point! I just thought the racing wasn't very good!

Sawdust is good at soaking up surface water, of which there wasn't an awful lot. The problem was the track had been saturated for a good few weeks beforehand so I'm not sure what good piling on a load of sawdust would have done.

I was with friends but that's not the point! I just thought the racing wasn't very good!

You missed the point, I was joking about you saying that you were boring........... :lol::lol:

Best wishes,

Judy

PS: Leigh Lanham said the track was in good condition considering what the weather has been like.

Edited by The Little Un

Great win Howie!

Tho you didnt have much competition :lol:

Is Tim Stone taking the piss?  Glenn Cunningham and Shaun Tacey?  I'd prefer to watch a couple of 3 pointer than that pair!  The 3 pointers would actually put in a bit of effort too, something Tacey and Cunningham have rarely managed to do at Newport.

I hope GC proves you wrong SCB as judging by the article in the Speedway Star he has got a point to prove!

I hope he proves me wrong too, I don't want to pay to see a meeting she where make very little effort.

Rider to impress me where Howe and Bomber (duh!) and Glenn Cunningham (:o), Werner is also impressed for a 5.5 ride

SCB, is that your way of admitting you were wrong? :o;):D

Guest Babe619
Good to see David ride with confidence! This kinda makes up for when Freddie fell off...

Stop nicking my quote!! :o

Anyway, it didn't make up for it and it wasn't those words. It was "Remember when Mr. Lindgren fell off and lost against Coventry in a meeting that we weren't bothered about? It seems rather similar!"

I only said it to the Coventry fans who were so quick to have a go at me about Fredrik last year. :P

The racing was alright considering track conditions. A good day overall.

Well Done to David. Let's hope that form continues. :)

You would say that, just as I'm going to say that I'd prefer to see the team winning a competition that one rider winning a glorifed practice session (as thats all it is to Bomber and Howe).

Must resist temptation to argue...

Mr. DVD star :lol:

Anyway, it didn't make up for it and it wasn't those words. It was "Remember when Mr. Lindgren fell off and lost against Coventry in a meeting that we weren't bothered about? It seems rather similar!"

I only said it to the Coventry fans who were so quick to have a go at me about Fredrik last year. :P

At least he didn't end up on his backside and finish 4th rather than 2nd :P