British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
rabbit

Cardiff Gp 2007 Tickets For Sale

With the size of my mortgage and car loan - I wish! :rolleyes:

I was talking generally about the cost of the weekend and it being one of the reasons why 2007 was likely to be our last year attending the GP.

However, my reason for selling these tickets is nothing to do with affordability - just timing.

Try camping at Lavernock Point in Penart about 3 mile away.  £6 a night with bar on the site and it gets  full of speedway supporters. Brill weekend

Agreed! Its fantastic there. So looking forward to it. Must go to the bar this time tho! We was having our own party down the bottom of the field!

I meant the weekend as a whole...by the time you add up the cost of petrol (£60+) to get there, hotel (£240 for 2 nights in a hotel where it usually costs £50 a night any other time!), GP tickets (£120), food, drink and other spending (for example Newport Speedway on the Friday night), it's close to £500. Sure I could drive up and back on the day, but that's not my idea of fun having done that the first year...plus I'd be the one who'd end up having to be behind the wheel!  :rolleyes:

Rabs, please do not sell your tickets. We enjoy seeing you there. There must be coaches going from Poole. Maybe for the 2 of you the coach would be £60, which would make the cost £120 with your tickets. Make a packed lunch, that'll save you money. I'll buy you a drink at the meet up (You'll come now :rolleyes::wink: )

I must admit Cardiff is getting abit expensive these days, I don't think the ticket prices are too bad for what you get, it is just all the added expense of getting there and your accommodation and such. When I think it costs about £60 to £80 for me to get there in fuel, I could fly to Prague for less than that from the toon. I think it is shocking how year on year the hotels increase their prices but I suppose if I was in their shoes I would do the same (just trying to make a buck).

I think the camp site sounds a great idea but I don't think I could do it, too much hassle having to pitch my tent and all that, I'm to lazy.

Hope you find someone to buy your tickets.

I must admit Cardiff is getting abit expensive these days, I don't think the ticket prices are too bad for what you get, it is just all the added expense of getting there and your accommodation and such.  When I think it costs about £60 to £80 for me to get there in fuel, I could fly to Prague for less than that from the toon.  I think it is shocking how year on year the hotels increase their prices but I suppose if I was in their shoes I would do the same (just trying to make a buck).

I think the camp site sounds a great idea but I don't think I could do it, too much hassle having to pitch my tent and all that, I'm to lazy.

I agree. I don't mind the ticket prices either. But it's the hassle of first trying to get a hotel room, then if you're lucky paying silly prices. Then there's the cost of flights to Cardiff or fuel for the car. We're hoping that the German GP comes off next year because it costs less to fly from Edinburgh to Germany than it is to Wales! It's a fab weekend in Cardiff and nowhere else would match the atmosphere but I'd now rather pay the same or even a little extra and go somewhere were I can get a holiday out of as well.

Rabs, please do not sell your tickets. We enjoy seeing you there. There must be coaches going from Poole. Maybe for the 2 of you the coach would be £60, which would make the cost £120 with your tickets. Make a packed lunch, that'll save you money. I'll buy you a drink at the meet up (You'll come now :rolleyes:  :wink: )

Thanks Jo, but honest, it's not a money issue this time (although admittedly with the cost of my main holiday the extra money now that we can't do Cardiff will come in handy for spending!) - it's just the GP date has turned out to clash with something else. I'm sure I'll see all my forum friends at other places round the country through the year...starting with Brighton next month thanks to BobC. :D

Oh what a shame 9.gif looks like you will be there after all then :approve:

You may have already thought of this but what about putting them on ebay or seeing if ticketmaster will by them back.

Thanks for the thought Diamond@heart, but I won't need that now as someone has confirmed that they want the tickets. Hope they enjoy the seats as much as we have the last couple of years. :D

I meant the weekend as a whole...by the time you add up the cost of petrol (£60+) to get there, hotel (£240 for 2 nights in a hotel where it usually costs £50 a night any other time!), GP tickets (£120), food, drink and other spending (for example Newport Speedway on the Friday night), it's close to £500. Sure I could drive up and back on the day, but that's not my idea of fun having done that the first year...plus I'd be the one who'd end up having to be behind the wheel!  :rolleyes:

It's yourself thats making it expensive. £60 tickets, get the cheapest ones. 2 nights at £120 a night just stay for one night at travel inn for £45.

Ahem! I don't do cheap n cheerful. ;):P

If I'm going to do a trip I'll do it properly and not rush knackering myself out in the process or end up in a dodgy/noisy hotel room just for the sake of going. GPs aren't that big a deal!

Nope seriously watching it on TV with a curry and a few glasses of red wine will suit me just fine. :D I've been every year since Cardiff started so I think I've been loyal enough. :rolleyes:

Edited by rabbit

Fair enough, but don't compain that it's too expensive now when it's yourself thats making it expensive.

Edited by Rob B