British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
zlata prilba

Czech Golden Helmet 2007

This event seems to be getting later and later next years event takes place on 21st October get your winter woolies out.

Probably not much choice what with the lengthening GP season.If the German one goes ahead it will be in October.Anyway it seems the weather is changing and October/November is better than March at least.We have just had the warmest November on record.Just hope the weather lasts till saturday and the next speedway meeting :D

Dont forget that as well as the GP Series and other contintental meetings (European Final in 2007 ?) , the Czech Golden Helmet also must avoid clashing with the Velky Pardubicky horse racing meeting (Czech Grand National) that is held in Pardubice, usually the week before the Golden Helmet...

Just take an extra svetr next year :D

This event seems to be getting later and later next years event takes place on 21st October get your winter woolies out.

I want to book my flights for next years CZ Golden helmet weekend, and there seems to be some confusion with regards to the dates.

Zlata Prilba is stating above, that the weekend is on the Sunday 21st October.

On the official Zlata Prilba website, it states that next years event takes place on the weekend of 13th and 14th October 2007.

Can anyone confirm the correct weekend dates, as you know the sooner you book your flights the cheaper they are.

Thanking someone in anticipation.

A Frequent Flyer to CZ.

I want to book my flights for next years CZ Golden helmet weekend, and there seems to be some confusion with regards to the dates.

Zlata Prilba  is stating above, that the weekend is on the Sunday 21st October.

On the official Zlata Prilba website, it states that next years event takes place on the weekend of 13th and 14th October 2007.

Can anyone confirm the correct weekend dates, as you know the sooner you book your flights the cheaper they are.

A Frequent Flyer to CZ.

Go into Google type in Zlata prilba 2007

Scroll down till you find the header

Sport. Pardubicka Zlata Prilba se pristi rok az 21 Rijna=October.

Zlata Prilba is stating above, that the weekend is on the Sunday 21st October.

A Frequent Flyer to CZ.

[/quot

Dont be too quick making bookings on this. Last year we booked accomodation in December and the the original date was changed a few weeks later ( fixture clashes ).

also if you scroll down on the zlata prilba main web page it does state 21 Rijen after the dates of the week before 13/14 .

also if you scroll down on the zlata prilba main web page it does state 21 Rijen after the dates of the week before 13/14 .

While we are on this subject, do you know of any publications ( books, video, DVD ) on the history of this great speedway event ? ( peferably in english )

I sent an e mail to the address on the Zlata Prilba website on Wednesday, asking if they could clarify the dates for CZ Golden Helmet in 2007.

Last evening ( Thursday 14th Dec. ) I recieved an E mail back from a Petr Moravec the Press Officer, who said that the Golden Helmet weekend for 2007,

would be the weekend of the 6th - 7th October.

Zlata Prilba you are quite correct in what you are saying about there main web page and the dates stated.

I also remember, I think it was you who said about the Pardubice Steeple chase, if you go to the Czech Tourism main website, which is:- www.kalendar.czechtourism.czvypis-top100-en

You will see that the Pardubice Steeple Chase mtg is being held on the weekend of the 13th - 14th October.

On that website the Czech Golden Helmet mtg is also listed, but it just gave it as October, with no specific weekend mentioned.

It looks like they have been waiting to see which weekend was free, so that they could slot the Golden helmet mtg into the Calendar.

Oct. 6th is the tenative date for ther GELSENKIRCHEN GP. So it sounds like Zlata Prilba promoters have to wait untill BSI get their s**t together.

Edited by tommy

While we are on this subject, do you know of any publications ( books, video, DVD )    on the history of this great speedway event ?  ( peferably in english )

Not that I know of but I go out there for xmas next Sat so I have a look in some book shop but Im sure there isnt.

Oct. 6th is the tenative date for ther GELSENKIRCHEN GP. So it sounds like Zlata Prilba promoters have to wait untill BSI get their s**t together.

It seems the Gelsenkirchen GP has had to be moved to the 13th as the stadium is booked for something else on the 6th!!!!!!That means the Golden Helmet has been moved forward to the 6th :blink::D

Does anyone know 100% sure what the date is the the Zlata Prilba.

Lubis Tomicek says its on the 7th, Toni Skack's excellent http://www.speedwaya-z.cz/ site says the 14th.

Speedwayworld.tv still says the German GP is on the 6th.

Its just I am booking 18 flights and don't want to get the wrong weekend

Confirmed by Tony Skach is Czecho that it is 6/7 October.

Hope so as the flights are now booked