British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
KevH

Rob Grant

Can someone please tell me which year Rob Grant jnr made his debut, and which year Rob Snr rode his last meeting, please?

Rob Grant Jnr first appeared in League Racing in 2000 for Newcastle

Cheers mate, so can I assume Rob jnr was the one who also rode for Stoke 2002-05 and Rob snr at Berwick in 2002-03?

Cheers mate, so can I assume Rob jnr was the one who also rode for Stoke 2002-05 and Rob snr at Berwick in 2002-03?

No. It's the same R Grant jnr. Newcastle to Berwick to Stoke.

R Grant snr last ride probably early/mid 90's. :)

:blink::blink:

No. It's the same R Grant jnr. Newcastle to Berwick to Stoke.

R Grant snr last ride probably early/mid 90's. :)

:blink:  :blink:

Thanks for that Tsunami, but are you sure?

The reason I ask is that Peter Oakes' "British Speedway Who's Who" from 2004 says Rob (snr) made his final appearance (for Berwick) at Glasgow in the last match of the 2002 season. :blink:

Rob Grant (Senior) last competive meeting was for the Stoke Spitfires at Armadale in a Conference league fixture on 1 October 2004 scoring 2 points from 3 rides.

Rob Grant snr made a comeback and rode a couple of meeting for Berwick, Rob Grant junior had rode for Berwick earlier in the year (would guess 2002).

I don't believe they both rode for Berwick at the same time though, just both in the same season!

Rob Grant jnr actually rode for Linlithgow in 1999, so Newcastle 2000 was not his debut.

steve19620 is right about seniors last meeting.

Tsunami is right about junior too.

Edited by SCB

Rob Grant (Senior) last competive meeting was for the Stoke Spitfires at Armadale in a Conference league fixture on 1 October 2004 scoring 2 points from 3 rides.

There's always a chance Rob/G snr can make this year's Potters team if rode as recently as 2004 make a good reserve and he is British is he not!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Rob Grant Snr and Jnr at Reserve for the Potters in 2007!

Rob Grant Snr and Jnr at Reserve for the Potters in 2007!

Sounds the perfect start to teambuilding for 07 (just a shame Snr is not a couple of years younger otherwise it would not be so funny )still a great rider in his time IMO :D

I actually read a rumour on here that Rob Grant snr and jnr are in the berwick line up now that danny the rasta and branney the wobbler have been signed up elsewhere.

I actually read a rumour on here that Rob Grant snr and jnr are in the berwick line up now that danny the rasta and branney the wobbler have been signed up elsewhere.

Not even Berwick are that desperate.