Heat 09: Broadhurst, Atkin, Janniro, Werner 5-1 38-16 44.4

Heat 10: Howe, Hulhorst, Katt, Hargreaves 3-3 41-19 42.8

Heat 11: Aidan, Kennett, Morris, Jirout ef 5-1 46-20 42.6

Heat 12: Atkin, Howe, Werner, Katt 5-1 51-21 43.6

Heat 13: Re-run Hulhorst, Kennett, Jirout 2-4 53-25 44.2

Comments:

Teams confirmed.

England will go off 1 and 3 in Heat 1.

Heat 13: Bad crash Broadhurst fell excluded got plant pot stuck in his front wheel couldnt turn and hit fence up and ok though!.

Highest ever win at Telford.

Taken from Updates site.

Edited by Superstar1

All Updates will appear in this window, please feel free to post any comments below.

Texter: Vog

Updater: Fozzie

Line-up

A. Craig Branney and David Howe 2ND

B. Brent Werner and Billy Janniro

C. Les Collins and Aidan Collins

D. Mario Jirout and Tom Brown

E. Stephan Katt and Christian Hulhorst

F. Wayne Broadhurst and Jack Hargreaves

G. Edward Kennett and Tony Atkin WINNERS

H. Henrik Moller and Phil Morris

Heat Results

Quarter 1: Howe, Branney, Werner, Janniro 45.1

Quarter 2: Aidan, Brown, Jirout, Les 44.1

Quarter 3: Broadhurst, Katt, Hulhorst, Hargreaves 44.0

Quarter 4: Morris, Atkin, Kennett, Moller 44.8

Semi 1: Branney, Howe, Jirout, Brown 45.9

Semi 2: Kennett, Atkin, Hulhorst, Katt 46.3

Grand Final: Atkin, Kennett, Howe, Branney fex Aw

Comments:

Line-up confirmed.

This meeting will happen straight after the International meeting

RED = Elminated in Quarters

Yellow = Eliminated in Semis

Final held over 6 laps. Branney crashed out trying to split pair g. Howe was miles ahead texter dont know why he was awarded 3rd.

There will be the individual meetings as well later,will there?Only can't see anything on live updates for it.Plus maybe my fault but Christians name is spelt Hülshorst.I left out an "s" :oops: on my message on the updates,but still better tha Russot :D

Broadhurst was unlucky to be excluded as it was the plant pot's fault. Is this a speedway first?

Big shout for Craig Branney today in the pairs, he was giving it plenty and the final was a cracking race, shame he caught Atkins' back wheel and fell.

Edited by czechhero

19th British Open Championship

Holder; Mario Jirout

All updates will appear in this window, please feel free to post any comments below.

If the thread crashes, please go to the back site below.

http://www.phpbber.com/phpbb/index.php?mfo...crazysuesupdate

Texter; Iffoid

Updater; Wayne

Start Time 19.30

1. Craig Branney (England) --------- 0,2,1,0,1 = 4

2. Christian Hulhorst (Germany) ---- 3,3,2,1,0 = 9

3. David Howe (England) ----------- 2,1,2,2,3 = 10

4. Wayne Broadhurst (England) ---- 1,3,3,3,3 = 13 1st

5. Mario Jirout (Czech Republic) ---- 0,1,1,1,2 = 5

6. Tony Atkin (England) ------------ 2,2,2,0,2 = 8

7. Jack Hargreaves (England) ------ 1,0,1,3,2 = 7

8. Stephan Katt (Germany) --------- 3,2,1,3,2 = 11 4th

9. Phil Morris (Wales) --------------- 2,3,3,2,3 = 13 2nd

10. Edward Kennett (England) ------ 0,0,2,3,0 = 5

11. Les Collins (England) ------------ 3,2,3,2,1 = 11 3rd

12. Billy Janniro (USA) -------------- 1,1,0,2,0 = 4

13. Henrik Moller (Denmark) --------- 1,0,0,0,1 = 2

14. John Branney(England) ---------- 3,1,0,1,0 = 5

15. Aidan Collins (England) ---------- e/f,3,3,1,3 = 10

16. Brent Werner (USA) ------------- 2,0,0,0,1 = 3

Heat Details

Heat 1, Hulhorst, Howe, Broadhurst, C,Branney 43.2

Heat 2, Katt, Atkin, Hargreaves, Jirout 43.7

Heat 3, L.Collins, Morris, Janniro, Kennett 42.7

Heat 4, J.Branney, Werner, Moller, A.Collins 43.6

Heat 5, Morris, C.Branney, Jirout, Moller 43.6

Heat 6, Hulhorst, Atkin, J.Branney, Kennett 43.5

Heat 7, A.Collins, L.Collins, Howe, Hargreaves 42.4

Heat 8, Broadhurst, Katt, Janniro, Werner 42.6

Heat 9, L.Collins, Atkin, C.Branney, Werner 43.6

Heat 10, A.Collins, Hulhorst, Jirout, Janniro 43.5

Heat 11, Re-Run; Morris, Howe, Katt, J.Branney 44.3

Heat 12, Broadhurst, Kennett, Hargreaves, Moller 43.7

Interval

Riders going round on mini quad bikes, general mayhem, lots of wheelies and cheating with snow balls being thrown.

Heat 13, Hargreaves, Janniro, J.Branney, C.Branney No Time only 3 laps completed, no reason given by texter.

Heat 14, Katt, L.Collins, Hulhorst, Moller 44.9

Heat 15, Kennett, Howe, Jirout, Werner 45.1

Heat 16, Re-Run; Broadhurst, Morris, A.Collins, Atkin 44.1

1st running of the race Broadhurst lost control and went into Morris. All 4 back.

Heat 17, A.Collins, Katt, C.Branney, Kennett 43.1

Iffoid says she has just been covered in ice.

Heat 18, Morris, Hargreaves, Werner, Hulhorst 44.6

Heat 19, Howe, Atkin, Moller, Janniro 44.5

Heat 20, Re-Run Broadhurst, Jirout, L.Collins, J.Branney 43.7

Re-Run twice has Broadhurst & L.Collins kept coming together.

Heat 21 run off for 3rd & 4th L.Collins, Katt 42.6

Heat 22 run off for 1st & 2nd Broadhurst, Morris 43.2

Well done to all the riders for a great day and thanks to Iffoid for the texts. Hope u enjoyed the evening.

New British Open Champion 2007

Wayne Broadhurst

Courtesy of Speedway Updates

What a joke. I won't be going back, there seems little point.

In one heat, Phil was leading with Broadhurst cut accross the blue line (can't have a white line on ice) then wiped out Phil Morris and hit Tony Atkin (who stayed on, just). The referee called all 4 back, Broadhurst should have been excluded for being off the track but assuming he got away with that he wiped out another rider.

Then in the last race, who ever won the heat out of Les Collins and Broadhurst went into a run-off with Phil. On the end of the first laps Broadhurst hit the feence, wobbled and as Collins passed him he leaned on Collins and fell. First the referee excluded Collins, then announced all 4 back. In the re-run, Jirout made the gate, moved Collins and Broadhurst over and John Branney passed them both and was well ahead when Broadhurst fell on his own going into the bend. Result? All 4 back.

So I have driven to Telford, costing me a few quid in petrol, had to pay for lunch and spent £20-odd pound on tickets and what for? To see some bikes on ice, it was certainly not speedway as they didn't bother with rules.

I was not the only who was annoyed, a lot fo the netrals were upset as there was quite a bit of booing of Wayne Broadhurst during the presentation. The guy should have done the decent thing and after getting lucky with the referee 3 times, he should have pulled out of the heat. Before anyone clais it's only a bit of fun, why do we bother with a score and have a winner then?

took a telford virgin with me today and she enjoyed herself, taken as it should be, a bit of fun, everybody should be happy.

even i was shouting for whizzer in the run-off, cos it was the only trophy i could see going to wales this year..lol

even i was shouting for whizzer in the run-off, cos it was the only trophy i could see going to wales this year..lol

We have half the pairs :P

Normally I would be saying we go for the fun and atmophere but this year - in my opinion - both were lacking and I dont see us returning next year.

We didnt buy tickets before the event this time and were disappointed that the benches have had to be removed (rotting apparently) so we ended up paying silly money to sit in the balcony area.

Its okay for you youngsters but standing watching is not that simple these days!!

So - paid out loads of dosh for a meeting that had no atmosphere and didnt encourage audience participation at all.

The 3pm meeting was rushed though at such a pace that the Pairs meeting had finished before it was even scheduled to start in the programme.

The evening meeting was slightly better (even if some of the decisions were dodgy).

So overall - to costly, no atmosphere and a 1st meeting that felt like it was rushed through.

The riders did their best to entertain us especialy in the mini bike rides but Im afraid I feel my money was wasted. :(

the first bend at coventry will be quiet this year then.... ;)

You probably havent noticed Rob that I take a small chair these days.

Or we sit on the terrace. Couldnt exactly sit between races todays!!! :P

I see Les Collins did not do too badly still think there is a place in the PL for this guy what a role models for the youngsters .The guy just wants to ride and IMO his age is not an issue but to many others it is !!!!!!!!!!!

What a joke.  I won't be going back, there seems little point.

In one heat, Phil was leading with Broadhurst cut accross the blue line (can't have a white line on ice) then wiped out Phil Morris and hit Tony Atkin (who stayed on, just). The referee called all 4 back, Broadhurst should have been excluded for being off the track but assuming he got away with that he wiped out another rider.

Then in the last race, who ever won the heat out of Les Collins and Broadhurst went into a run-off with Phil. On the end of the first laps Broadhurst hit the feence, wobbled and as Collins passed him he leaned on Collins and fell. First the referee excluded Collins, then announced all 4 back. In the re-run, Jirout made the gate, moved Collins and Broadhurst over and John Branney passed them both and was well ahead when Broadhurst fell on his own going into the bend. Result? All 4 back.

So I have driven to Telford, costing me a few quid in petrol, had to pay for lunch and spent £20-odd pound on tickets and what for? To see some bikes on ice, it was certainly not speedway as they didn't bother with rules.

I was not the only who was annoyed, a lot fo the netrals were upset as there was quite a bit of booing of Wayne Broadhurst during the presentation. The guy should have done the decent thing and after getting lucky with the referee 3 times, he should have pulled out of the heat. Before anyone clais it's only a bit of fun, why do we bother with a score and have a winner then?

I thought this meeting was excellent. As a neutral I thought it was a well deserved win for Wayne Broadhurst. The referee allowed the meeting to flow well and not interfere to much but he did allow people to cut the course during the afternoon session and once you let one rider get away with it they will all do it and there is nothing then that the referee can do because he has to be consistent with his decisions. There was one particular race that Phil Morris front wheel actually went over the green carpet on the pits bend so it appears you were only lookingt at one particular person who cut across the blue line when in fact in every race somebody if not more than one cut across the line.

Broadhurst won the race fair and square and Phil Morris said that when interviewed.

It is supposed to be a bit of fun and something for people to go to and enjoy.

Those of you that didnt enjoy it don't have to go again but in the whole most people got in to the spirit of things and will return next year.