British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jim Blanchard

Who Will Be World Champ In 2007?

Guest Jim Blanchard

My money is on JC again. (I live in hope as we might get another commission if he does :D )

Though can Greg get the better of JC next year or will that man Hans Andersen be the spolier? Can Nicki Pedersen get the crown back? Can Leigh Adams pinch one before it get too late? What do you all think?

I am really looking forward to it what ever, after watching the DVD's of this years highlights. :) Roll on 2007.

I really , really , really hope the world champion in 2007 is ..........Hans Andersen :D

Can't see anyone but Crump winning it - he's head, shoulders and torso above the rest at the minute, as far as I'm concerned.

Nicki P might win the odd GP, but I don't think he has the consistency to trouble Crump over a 10-11 series.

I can't see Leigh Adams triumphing - there'll always be someone who just wants it more than Adams and is prepared to do whatever it takes to win it. Adams' machinery is also an issue, in my view.

I've written Greg Hancock before and had to wipe egg off the old face. But surely 2006 was his last hurrah?

Edited by Subedei

Guest Jim Blanchard
Can't see anyone but Crump winning it - he's head, shoulders and torso above the rest at the minute, as far as I'm concerned.

I really think so too Sube, but I feel that the danger man could be Andersen. Though I would like Leigh to get one before he retires. :)

I really think so too Sube, but I feel that the danger man could be Andersen. Though I would like Leigh to get one before he retires. :)

I just don't know about Andersen. He certainly had a point to prove last year. And he proved it. But he wasn't left out of the GPs for spite. There was a reason. That reason was he'd under-performed in 2005. And he wasn't setting the world alight after he'd confirmed his place for 2006.

Could he challenge? Yes. But he could also revert to the under-performing Andersen of 2005.

Guest Jim Blanchard
I just don't know about Andersen. He certainly had a point to prove last year. And he proved it. But he wasn't left out of the GPs for spite. There was a reason. That reason was he'd under-performed in 2005. And he wasn't setting the world alight after he'd confirmed his place for 2006.

Could he challenge? Yes. But he could also revert to the under-performing Andersen of 2005.

Again, totally agree. Difficult to say. If Andersen rides like he did in the GP's he took part in 2006 he will be a man to rekon with I'm sure.

I think the man to watch out for could be Andreas Jonsson. The guy has so much natural ability and talent - possibly, probably more than Crump, but has he what it takes? Gollob had the talent, just like Jonsson, but he never took the crown.

No i think being left out last year was the kick up the a**e Hans needed . He obviously took a hard look at himself and what we saw in 2006 is the rider he was always capable of being .

He now knows he belongs at the top table of the speedway world and i really think it will turn into a great battle between Hans and Jason next year - with the new main Dane just edging it . But as fans what a treat we are in for . :D

We could be in for a treat. If Andersen is up for the battle, Jonsson finally realises his vast potential, Nicki P gets himself into the mix, Hancock confounds the old Mongol again, Hampel follows Jonsson's example and finally hits the big time and Tomasz Gollob gives us a few more magical moments before he heads off into the Bydgoszcz sunset, we'll be in for a treat.

Or Jason Crump could take an early stranglehold and grind everyone into submission with his unmatched desire to win.

Frankly, the SWC has provided a much more satisfying treat than the GPs for the last 2-3 seasons.

Guest Jim Blanchard
I think the man to watch out for could be Andreas Jonsson. The guy has so much natural ability and talent - possibly, probably more than Crump, but has he what it takes? Gollob had the talent, just like Jonsson, but he never took the crown.

Hang on a minute Sube. Is that really the same man that said all the nasty things about AJ and his abilities a year or so back? Sure, I think he could be another spoiler and I think he is a terrific rider but surely it just makes next year all the better for it. :approve:

Hang on a minute Sube. Is that really the same man that said all the nasty things about AJ and his abilities a year or so back?  Sure, I think he could be another spoiler and I think he is a terrific rider but surely it just makes next year all the better for it.  :approve:

Now, come on young fellow, I never once doubted Jonsson's talent or ability. I'm being consistent. He has the ability, he has the talent, but has he what it takes? That's always been my view.

Guest Jim Blanchard

:approve:

Now, come on young fellow, I never once doubted Jonsson's talent or ability. I'm being consistent. He has the ability, he has the talent, but has he what it takes? That's always been my view.

I think you may have shifted a wee bit on that slightly Sube but hey - it all changes as we do and we are all interested in the sport.

I still think Jason is going to win it though.

What do others think?

Edited by Jim Blanchard

i would like to see Hans take it not just because he rides for the panthers but because he is a great rider and has worked really hard on himself mentally and physically and then on his machinery (so im aware) so he deserves it as well-but im not righting of AJ or JC

GOOD LUCK HANS !!!!

:approve:

I think you may have shifted a wee bit on that slightly Sube but hey -  it all changes as we do and we are all interested in the sport.

My stance on Jonsson may have mellowed a trifle. And at the end of the day, he did prove me wrong by winning a GP last season. And he also always qualifies, unlike some I could mention. Personally, I don't think he's got what it takes to be champ, but I could be wrong. I think his talent and ability will be eclipsed by Crump's relentless will to win and determination.

Guest Jim Blanchard
My stance on Jonsson may have mellowed a trifle. And at the end of the day, he did prove me wrong by winning a GP last season. And he also always qualifies, unlike some I could mention. Personally, I don't think he's got what it takes to be champ, but I could be wrong. I think his talent and ability will be eclipsed by Crump's relentless will to win and determination.

It takes a big man to back down Sube. You have my respect for that and I agree, though he needs to up his game plan over a series to be a serious contender for the championship. I think I will now let others discuss this point out like Paulco and windsor both their comments you cannot help but agree with.

About the outsiders?