Other meetings

19.05 Krsko - international meeting with GP riders

09.06. Krsko - Golden sign of AMD Krsko

16.06. Lendava - Golden helmet of Lendava

08.07. Ljubljana - GP qual. semifinal 2

22.09. Krsko - Grand prix of Slovenia

Edited by tomazpozrl

Hello everyone

After my previous post, there were some modifications and additions to the calendar, which I have now added to my post.

I can also report the lineups of Slovenian clubs this season:

AMTK Ljubljana

Matej Zagar

Jernej Kolenko

Maks Gregoric

Matic Voldrih

AMD Krsko

Izak Santej

Matija Duh

Samo Kukovica

Davor Volk

Aleksander Conda

Aljosa Remih (his first competitive season)

ST Lendava

Denis Stojs

These are the riders that will compete in national championship rounds. There are of course also some other riders (in all 3 clubs) that are practising, but are not ready yet for the official competitive racing.

AMZS has also declared most of the riders that will represent Slovenia in FIM and UEM championships:

GP qualifiers

Jernej Kolenko (seeded to the semifinal in Ljubljana)

Izak Santej

Denis Stojs

Maks Gregoric

World junior championship

Matic Voldrih

- other riders will be announced after the first round of junior championship on April 8th

European championship

Jernej Kolenko

Izak Šantej

- one place (in Togliatti) is still open

European pairs championship semifinal

Jernej Kolenko

Izak Šantej

Denis Štojs

European junior championship

Matic Voldrih

Samo Kukovica

Slovenian national team that will compete in World Cup qualifier will be declared at the end of April

I'd watch out for them Slovenians if I were you: every time I met them they tried to get me DRUNK!!

PS They actually succeeded a couple of times!

Just out of interest young Pozrl, is Ferjan a Slovenian or Hungarian these days?

He is still a Slovenian. AFAIK, he's been trying to get a Hungarian passport for a couple of years now, but he hasn't suceeded so far.

Yesterday I found out that Hungarian motorcycling federation again sent a request to Slovenian federation to give them approval to issue Ferjan a Hungarian racing licence. According to the FIM rules, this is needed when one national federation wants to issue a licence to a rider who is a citizen of another country.

Article 70.2.1 of the FIM Sporting code says:

A FIM Licence may be issued to a foreign rider, after the FMN to whom the application is made has obtained the approval (release) of the FMN of the country of which he is a national or in which the applicant is a permanent resident. Such approval will be given only once for the period of validity of the licence. Requests for any additional international licence for the same period to another FMN are prohibited.

Because of that request, I think that Ferjan still doesn't have Hungarian passport, otherwise Hungarian could issue a licence to him without the approval of Slovenian federation.

On Sunday March 11th there was a test match in Krsko between a mixed Slovenian/Croatian team and a Czech republic team. Here are the results:

Croatia/Slovenia

1. Aleksander Conda SLO

2. Jurica Pavlic CRO 3,3,3,2,1 = 12

3. Davor Volk SLO R,1,0,2,2 = 5

4. Renato Cvetko CRO R,0,1,1

5. Matija Duh SLO 3,2,3,F,0 = 8

6. Dino Kovacic CRO 1,0,0,1,0 = 2

7. Samo Kukovica SLO 0,1,0,0 = 1

8. Aljosa Remih SLO 0,0 = 0

Czech republic

9. Filip Sitera 2,3,3,2 = 13

10. Michael Hadek 1,1,2,2,3 = 9

11. Lubos Tomicek 2,2,2,3,2 = 11

12. Matej Kus 3,R,1,R,3 = 7

13. Martin Gavenda 2,2,1,3,1 = 9

14. Martin Vaculik 3,2,R,3 = 8

15. Dominik Jech 0 = 0

1. Pavlic, Sitera, Hadek, Kukovica

2. Kus, Tomicek, Volk R, Cvetko R

3. Duh, Gavenda, Kovacic, Jech

4. Pavlic, Tomicek, Kukovica, Kus R

5. Vaculik, Gavenda, Volk, Cvetko

6. Sitera, Duh, Hadek, Remih

7. Pavlic, Vaculik, Gavenda, Kukovica

8. Sitera, Hadek, Cvetko, VOlk

9. Duh, Tomicek, Kus, Kovacic

10. Gavenda, Hadek, Cvetko, Kukovica

11. Sitera, Volk, Kovacic, Kus R

12. Tomicek, Pavlic, Vaculik R, Duh F

13. Hadek, Volk, Gavenda, Kovacic

14. Vaculik, Tomicek, Cvetko, Remih

15. Kus, Sitera, Pavlic, Duh

Another test match is planned for 23rd/24th of March, when polish club from Poznan will be having practice sessions in Krsko.

Slovenian speedway season starts this week with two meetings of national championship.

Natschbach (AUT) tommorow stages first round of common Slovenian-Austrian-Croatian individual championship. Some info:li

-lineup for groups A and B: http://www.speedway.si/index.php?option=co...d=710&Itemid=62

-description of riders participating:

Slovenia: http://www.speedway.si/index.php?option=co...d=706&Itemid=62

Croatia: http://www.speedway.si/index.php?option=co...d=706&Itemid=62

Austria: http://www.speedway.si/index.php?option=co...d=708&Itemid=62

On Sunday first round of new common junior championship will be held in Krsko (SLO), where Hungary will join Slovenia, Austria and Croatia. The lineup and other info can be found here: http://www.speedway.si/index.php?option=co...d=711&Itemid=62

Edited by tomazpozrl

There is a big meeting coming up in Krsko on May 19th. It's a SAX Speedway Super Cup 2007 and is organized by a local company called SAX.

Here is the lineup announced so far:

Jason Crump

Jaroslaw Hampel

Bjarne Pedersen

Rune Holta

Lee Richardson

Jesper B. Jensen

Charlie Gjedde

Grzegorz Walasek

Joonas Kylmäkorpi

Aleš Dryml

Lukaš Dryml

Jurica Pavlic

Matej Žagar

Matej Ferjan

Izak Šantej

Apparently the organizers invited all the top riders in the world, but some of them were not interested in coming to Krsko (Adams, Jonsson, ...). There is one spot in the lineup left to be filled, and from what I've heard they held discussions with Greg Hancock and Tomasz Gollob.

Matej Zagar today won the 3rd round of common Slovenian-Austrian-Croatian championship in Ljubljana.

Complete results are posted here: http://www.speedway.si/index.php?option=co...d=875&Itemid=62

Current championship standings can be seen here: http://www.speedway.si/index.php?option=co...d=876&Itemid=62

The 4th and final round will be staged on October 21st in Mureck (AUT).

He is still a Slovenian. AFAIK, he's been trying to get a Hungarian passport for a couple of years now, but he hasn't suceeded so far.

Yesterday I found out that Hungarian motorcycling federation again sent a request to Slovenian federation to give them approval to issue Ferjan a Hungarian racing licence. According to the FIM rules, this is needed when one national federation wants to issue a licence to a rider who is a citizen of another country.

Article 70.2.1 of the FIM Sporting code says:

A FIM Licence may be issued to a foreign rider, after the FMN to whom the application is made has obtained the approval (release) of the FMN of the country of which he is a national or in which the applicant is a permanent resident. Such approval will be given only once for the period of validity of the licence. Requests for any additional international licence for the same period to another FMN are prohibited.

Because of that request, I think that Ferjan still doesn't have Hungarian passport, otherwise Hungarian could issue a licence to him without the approval of Slovenian federation.

Do you know anything about Matej Ferjan?  A Poole asset in the UK. he seems to ride all over the place - Poland, Denmark, Germany, Sweden, etc.

Is he married with a family? Does he live in Slovenia or Hungary?

Edited by Pollyanna

Slovenian motorcycle federation AMZS has sent the following proposal for the Grand Prix of Slovenia in Krsko on September 22nd to the FIM:

Wild card: Izak Santej

Reserves: Jernej Kolenko, Maks Gregoric

Results of the final:

1. Grzegorz Walasek POL

2. Henning Bager DAN

3. Jernej Kolenko SLO

4. Izak Šantej SLO

5. Norbert Magosi MAD

6. Nikola Martinec HRV

2007 FIM Partypoker.com Slovenian Speedway Grand Prix, Krsko, 22 September 2007 – 19:00

Speedway Grand Prix Commission has nominated the following Wild Card and Track Reserve riders for the above mentioned event:

WILD CARD

16 Jurica Pavlic HMS Croatia

TRACK RESERVES

17 Izak Santej AMZS Slovenia

18 Jernej Kolenko AMZS Slovenia

Edited by tomazpozrl