British Speedway Forum

Advice appreciated..

I'm hoping to visit the Bydgoszcz GP this year..but cannot seem to find available flights. As far as I can see, only Ryan Air fly there from the UK and they do not appear to have any flights available. The only reasons I can think of are:

* They haven't scheduled flights for September yet

* They are genuinely booked up

* Travel Plus have block booked the lot - I sincerely hope this is not true :angry:

Like I say...any info appreciated.. :)

Advice appreciated..

I'm hoping to visit the Bydgoszcz GP this year..but cannot seem to find available flights.  As far as I can see, only Ryan Air fly there from the UK and they do not appear to have any flights available.  The only reasons I can think of are:

* Travel Plus have block booked the lot - I sincerely hope this is not true  :angry:

Like I say...any info appreciated..  :)

Dont worry!! Ryan Air do not put up their schdules this far in advance. Try checking their website around February/March as Bydgoscz schedules should hopefully be available then.

Ta R&B. :)

It's a bit shoddy that their site doesn't make this clear then.. :blink:

Yeah is a pain! I had the same panic last year. Looking through old emails I booked ours last year on 31 May - think that was pretty close to the day they went on sale as flights were ridiculously cheap! Would advise you to book as soon as they go on sale as prices tend to go up once they realise people are booking on the flights.

Advice appreciated..

I'm hoping to visit the Bydgoszcz GP this year..but cannot seem to find available flights.  As far as I can see, only Ryan Air fly there from the UK and they do not appear to have any flights available.  The only reasons I can think of are:

* Travel Plus have block booked the lot - I sincerely hope this is not true  :angry:

Like I say...any info appreciated..  :)

Firstly Ryanair are not the only carrier that uses Bydgoszcz. LOT flies there with a connecting flight via Warsaw. This provides an opportunity for those who do not fancy the schlep down to Stansted to use other, in some cases, more local airports.

Secondly I can confirm that TP Tours have not booked, nor intend to book any flights to Bydgoszcz. As James indicated in another thread, that due to a university convention, accommodation in the Bydgoszcz / Torun area is extremely scarce, and indeed all the decent stuff has long since gone.

Consequently the TP group will based in Poznan, staying at a fabulous 5 star hotel. I went out with Jimbo to view the hotel and it is absolutely superb.

Coincidently spent the day with James at the Speedway Star offices, putting the final touches to the 2007 brochure. I think there's something there for everyone, and the brochure will be in next week's magazine.

Firstly Ryanair are not the only carrier that uses Bydgoszcz. LOT flies there with a connecting flight via Warsaw. This provides an opportunity for those who do not fancy the schlep down to Stansted to use other, in some cases, more local airports.

Secondly I can confirm that TP Tours have not booked, nor intend to book any flights to Bydgoszcz. As James indicated in another thread, that due to a university convention, accommodation in the Bydgoszcz / Torun area is extremely scarce, and indeed all the decent stuff has long since gone.

Consequently the TP group will based in Poznan, staying at a fabulous 5 star hotel. I went out with Jimbo to view the hotel and it is absolutely superb.

Coincidently spent the day with James at the Speedway Star offices, putting the final touches to the 2007 brochure. I think there's something there for everyone, and the brochure will be in next week's magazine.

Mr S

you do put things so well.

I'm really looking forward to your 2007 tours - and going on them :)

Any clues to the 2007 European tour yet?

....................................Any clues to the 2007 European tour yet?

Jimbo has declared the European Tour a state secret until the brochure comes out next week.

However I can confirm that we will be staying at 4 locations, and James has allowed me to provided four cryptic clues to the locations themselves.

1. The home town of a Darren Gough wanabee?

2. Is this where one of Popeye’s pals comes from?

3. This band took my breath away in “Top Gun”!

4. Could be where the most lustful beer in the World comes from!

As with all my quizzes my decision is final, even when I'm obviously wrong!!

However I can confirm that we will be staying at 4 locations, and James has allowed me to provided four cryptic clues to the locations themselves.

1. The home town of a Darren Gough wanabee?

2. Is this where one of Popeye’s pals comes from?

3. This band took my breath away in “Top Gun”!

4. Could be where the most lustful beer in the World comes from!

As with all my quizzes my decision is final, even when I'm obviously wrong!!

1. Obviously an Anagram - the tiny Hamlet of Errangudogh, in Eastern Silesia.

2. Toontown, on the banks of the Tyne.

3. A reference to Harold Fartermeyer who wrote the theme music, no doubt born in another obscure Hamlet in Eastern Silesia

4. Darwin's not in Europe Silly!

How'd I Go? Musta bin close? Not even Bin Laden? Still, Newcastle, Eastern Silesia and Darwin has that ring about it.

Pux is a real STAR with a wealth of sound literaray knowledge...Equally I am amazed at his knowledge of places hithertoo way beyond the range of even my goodself.

Mr Snackette has been reduced in teh ranks for daring to even whisper the destinations his Colonel is planning for year 2007.

The 11 days tour is indeed breaking new ground and hopefully interesting, but page 14 is the real surprise,none more than to me, cos I only changed it 3 days ago from what I had planned.

Surfice to say Pux will be delighted with hoardes of new admirers once he sees a certain page in the brochure. "Streuth Mate, i didn't realise how handsome I was"

Brochure out next week in that fine magazine the Speedway Star.

Looks like Ryanair have released all their Polish flights up to September for sale now for those who were waiting too book for Bydgoszcz

I went for a nice cheap flight to Gdansk instead though as I did that last year and got the train down, cheaper and better flight times

Appears that the Wroclaw flight times have also changed for anyone who has booked these already for the GP in May (not sure when the change happened for these as they haven't informed me but the new times seem better than the original ones anyhow)

Edited by Boggle

Flights Booked. Also managed to get booked up in hotel using

http://www.zlotehotele.pl and staying at Sporting Hotel. About 1 mile from centre of Bydgoczsz but only £3 in taxi. Lots of supporters last year and great value for money.

Trev

If you fly into poznan airport, is it easy enough to get to Bydgoszcz on public transport or taxi and is it very expensive, flight times are much better if you fly into Poznan

Thanks for any help

Rita

If you fly into poznan airport, is it easy enough to get to Bydgoszcz on public transport or taxi and is it very expensive, flight times are much better if you  fly into Poznan

Thanks for any help

Rita

Poznan to Bydgoszcz is ok by train ....2 to 2 1/2 hrs. I flew into Gdansk last year and doing the same for this year, only 1hr 50 mins on the train. The flight is early morning so can get to Gdansk , get on the train and get to Bydgoszcz in plenty of time for the practice session and a few beers :)

Flying home from Poznan on the monday as better placed for the U21 final on the Sunday

Fares to Bydgoszcz from either is around £5 second class or you could shell out £8 for 1st class B)

train timetable here:

PKP