British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bavarian

Polish League Attendance Figures

It is interesting to compare the average attendance figures for some of the major Polish League clubs in the last three years from 2004 til 2006.

Here are the actual figures (club/2004/2005/2006):

Tarnow - 12,700 - 11,500 - 10,500

Bydgoszcz - 7,500 - 11,111 - 7,900

Leszno - 7,900 - 10,278 - 9,770

Zielona Gora - 8,200 - 9,438 - 7,778

Czestochowa - 11,600 - 9,150 - 8,900

Torun - 9,350 - 8,833 - 6,235

Gdansk - 8,111 - 8,625 - 4,750

Wroclaw - 6,750 - 4,778 - 7,450

Rzeszow - 6,166 - 6,600 - 7,350

Rybnik - 5,950 - 5,200 - 4,500

Guest Schumi

I don't know much about Polish speedway, though I've been slowly trying to learn. Would be interesting to know if there is a pattern in that, for example, if attendance is proportional to success, riders or just random?

Yes,i would have thought Gdansk and Zielona Gora is down to relegation.Wroclaw down to success.

Guest Schumi

Looking at the line-ups I'd say Wroclaw look pretty good for the next season too. Why did Nicki leave Zielona Gora?

What strikes me though was, at the elite league play-off final at Peterborough the attendance figures were being mooted as around the 6000 mark. Yet in poland that figure is considered to be average.

Where does Britain go wrong? :unsure:

Edited by darth raider

Looking at the line-ups I'd say Wroclaw look pretty good for the next season too. Why did Nicki leave Zielona Gora?

GP riders were not allowed in the lower leagues

I don't know much about Polish speedway, though I've been slowly trying to learn. Would be interesting to know if there is a pattern in that, for example, if attendance is proportional to success, riders or just random?

Roughly yes. The pattern basically shows if a team is at a top level, its bound to get bigger attendances. Rynbik and Czestochowa are expectations to this. Rynbik happily plied their trade in Liga I (the second tier), mid-table often but an enforced promotion because of Gdansk's money probelms and other rules stopping other teams moving/staying in the division, they were promoted this season but because of constantly losing with their weakened team, it seems to have affected them. Another probelm maybe that when in Liga 1, they had more local teams to race against, Rynbik is far south of Poland.

Czestochowa just moved into a new stadium this season and had one of their best seasons finishing second. So I can not explain that pattern.

GP riders were not allowed in the lower leagues

Although not this season. Bjarne Pedersen for example is at Gdansk and the Bomber Harris at Rynbik. Liga 1 looks this year set to be more competitive and balanced than the E-Liga.

Although not this season. Bjarne Pedersen for example is at Gdansk and the Bomber Harris at Rynbik. Liga 1 looks this year set to be more competitive and balanced than the E-Liga.

That is the reason i put "were not"answering a specific question :P

Guest PanthersChamp06
Where does Britain go wrong? :unsure:

Easy, Speedway in Poland is one of the main sports. Here in England, its not.

Easy, Speedway in Poland is one of the main sports. Here in England, its not.

Speedway in Poland is only popular in certain areas, if you look at a map involving all the Polish teams. You notice the sets of teams within 150 miles of each other. Appartently, if you ask someone about Speedway in Warsaw or Krakow, they dont have a clue what you are on about.

Sometimes attendance is proportional to success and sometimes is not...

Look at Wroclaw`s team....They have won Polish Extraleague Title, but for over 3/4 of the season the attendance was about 3000-5000. Only at the last meeting against Czestochowa there was about 18 000 to celebrate success in 2006...

The other example - Bydgoszcz - the attendance here was about 6000-7000 [the lowest attendance in last 20 years I think], but the matches agains Tarnow, and especially Torun accumulated approximately 15000 - 17000.

In the 1st league the highest attendance was in Zielona Gora - about 10 000- 12 000 although more than half matches wasn`t attractive at all...

if You would like to see some actions of polish league - just write me - I can send You some polish matches on DVD :)

Speedway in Poland is only popular in certain areas, if you look at a map involving all the Polish teams. You notice the sets of teams within 150 miles of each other. Appartently, if you ask someone about Speedway in Warsaw or Krakow, they dont have a clue what you are on about.

Isn't that the same the world over though?I mean look at Germany.The concentration of teams in the north and south with very little in between.Or Denmark.Look at the concentration in Jutland and very little elsewhere.Brovst in the north.Slangerup and Glumso by Copenhagen.But so many tracks.....Holsted,Vojens,Skaerbaek,Esbjerg,Grindsted,Vejlby,Fjelsted,Outrup within a short distance of each other.This happens to an extent because they feed off each other.I can think of only Exeter that was out on a limb so to speak and still survived for long.I think the tracks in Sweden are also quite concentrated together.There was a track on one of the islands.Not sure if that survived

Isn't that the same the world over though?I mean look at Germany.The concentration of teams in the north and south with very little in between.Or Denmark.Look at the concentration in Jutland and very little elsewhere.Brovst in the north.Slangerup and Glumso by Copenhagen.But so many tracks.....Holsted,Vojens,Skaerbaek,Esbjerg,Grindsted,Vejlby,Fjelsted,Outrup within a short distance of each other.This happens to an extent because they feed off each other.I can think of only Exeter that was out on a limb so to speak and still survived for long.I think the tracks in Sweden are also quite concentrated together.There was a track on one of the islands.Not sure if that survived

You are talking about Galgberget in Visby, Gotland. Home of Bysarna.

There is to be construction of houses on this hallowed ground, although just a few days

ago the politicians made a decision to let Bysarna use it for 2007 aswell and put the construction on hold.

The tracks in sweden are also geographically concentrated to the southern and middle part of the country. There is rarely any speedway north of Avesta, even if for example Östersund have a track and some history.

Absolutely but in the expection of Poland, I was making out that it's not necessarly the biggest sport in the country. I think Basketball and Volleyball are generally bigger sports in the country,