British Speedway Forum
womble53

Fryers Testimonial Meeting (change Of Date)

Lemonade if I'm buying then! :D

Its ok Noggin-me and SCB will actually purchase them-all you need to do is give us the dosh beforehand and yours will be lemonade.

Sorted...Thank you for the very kind offer :)

PAUL FRY TESTIMONIAL MEETING PRESS RELEASE

THURSDAY 8TH MARCH

THE LINE UP IS COMPLETE

The line up for Paul Fry's Testimonial Meeting is now complete with the final four riders confirming their availability, making the list of competing riders probably the best ever seen at the Oak Tree Arena. The first of these riders is Somerset's own, and the undisputed number one rider in the Premier League of 2006, Magnus Zetterstrom, who will be leading the Rebels for a third successive season this year. The current Premier League Riders' Champion, 'Zorro' was an obvious choice for the line up, as Fry explains, "I could not have contemplated having the meeting without Magnus in the line up, I enjoyed two great years with him at Somerset and I am sure he is relishing competing against the Elite League riders in the line up to prove that he is still more than a match for them!"

One of those Elite League riders Zetterstrom will be competing against will be the nine times Australian Champion and current Grand Prix star, Leigh Adams, who is about to embark on his ninth season of racing for Swindon, this being spread over three spells with the Wiltshire club. "Originally Leigh was not going to be able to make the meeting as the original date clashed with Swindon racing that same night, but with Rye House agreeing to switch the date of their Premier Trophy meeting with Somerset, Leigh is now able to take his place in the line up." said a delighted Fry. "With Leigh joining Mark [Loram] and Charlie [Gjedde] in the line up, it is anybody's guess as to who will take top spot on the rostrum and the winner's cheque of £1,000, there will be no easy races for anybody!"

The final two places in the star-studded line are filled by Rye House's Tommy Allen and Swindon's Danish International and ex-Newport star, Mads Korneliussen. Fry was keen to include Allen in the field as was just starting out in the sport whilst Fry was with Swindon. "I remember Tommy's early days at Swindon, and I know he won't mind me saying so, but in those days it was an achievement for him to make it round the first bend without falling off!" joked Fryer, "so it is really great to see that his career has progressed so well. He has become a good solid performer for Rye House and I am sure Tommy will go on to bigger and better things in the future."

With Mads Korneliussen completing the field, the final line up for the meeting at Somerset's Oak Tree Arena on Friday March 23rd is as follows (not in riding order);

Leigh Adams (Swindon), Tommy Allen (Rye House), Neil Collins (unattached), Glenn Cunningham (unattached), Charlie Gjedde (Swindon), Ritchie Hawkins (Somerset), Mads Korneliussen (Swindon), Mark Loram (Ipswich), Chris Neath (Rye House), Paul Pickering (Stoke), Jamie Smith (Mildenhall), Garry Stead (Stoke), Simon Walker (Somerset), Craig Watson (unattached), Brent Werner (Birmingham), Magnus Zetterstrom (Somerset)

Its ok Noggin-me and SCB will actually purchase them-all you need to do is give us the dosh beforehand and yours will be lemonade.

Sorted...Thank you for the very kind offer :)

Taking money from a 15 year old... whatever next Nevs? :angry::D

What time do the gates open for this meeting? I notice in the speedway star today it advertises a Stunt Show at 6.30pm, and what are the entry prices?

According to Somerset forum the gates should be open at 6pm and as far as Statman is aware prices remain same as usual.

£11 adults,£3 under 16's,£8 concessions and pensioners,free to under 4's and programmes will be £2.50.

Edited by Nevs

Big disappointment that he's not riding tomorrow night, he was a big draw for that meeting :blink:

Updates from this meeting will be available HERE

Good luck to Fryer for his big night tonight --I am sure the sun will be shining at the Oak Tree Arena for one of the sport's great servants.

See you later at the OTA!!! :D:P

Edited by Main Man

Nothing much to say really --just getting Fryer's meeting back at the top of the headings as it takes place TONIGHT AT THE OAK TREE ARENA, Somerset!!!!

Just heard that Sergei Darkin will replace the injured Loramski, for Paul's "Fry Up" tonight....................so come on & get your butts down to Sunny Somerset & support a great bloke tonight at the OTA