British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tomhaines

Lubos Tomicek Snr

As you all probably know I run Lubos Jnr's website. On there we have a Tomicek history with details of both his Grandad and Dad. All we have though is info from Lubos himself and it would be nice to expand that section with some info/accounts/details from people who watched them ride. Thanks in advance to those who post something.

You have an excellent site for the Tomaceks, sorry I couldn't contribute to your update Ive only just joined the forum.

Tomacek grandfather rode in England in 1967 and 1968 with Red Star Prague, who were popular visitors in club challenges. In 1968 they rode seven and lost seven, Tomacek scoring paid 21 from 21 starts. Lubos's grandfather rode at Oxford on 14 August 1968 just weeks before his death - I didn't see this meeting but its well remembered by others. Afraid I dont have the details for 1967 to hand, though I might have some programmes somewhere. There are some photographs of these tours with pictures of Tomicek on the Speedway Imagebank site.

The boy Lubos is a great prospect!

You have an excellent site for the Tomaceks, sorry I couldn't contribute to your update Ive only just joined the forum.

Tomacek grandfather rode in England in 1967 and 1968 with Red Star Prague, who were popular visitors in club challenges. In 1968 they rode seven and lost seven, Tomacek scoring paid 21 from 21 starts. Lubos's grandfather rode at Oxford on 14 August 1968 just weeks before his death - I didn't see this meeting but its well remembered by others. Afraid I dont have the details for 1967 to hand, though I might have some programmes somewhere. There are some photographs of these tours with pictures of Tomicek on the Speedway Imagebank site.

The boy Lubos is a great prospect!

Thanks,

What is the address of the Speedway Imagebank?

http://www.speedwayimagebank.co.uk/

Look under 1967 and 1968

I don't know how much detail you want but there are lists of points scored in WTCs and WC qualifying rounds and finals on

http://www.speedway.org/history/index.htm

Prague Tour of 1968:

7/8 Poole cancelled

9/8 Hackney L 32-46

10/8 Kings Lynn L 35-43

13/8 Leicester L 24-54

14/8 Oxford L 35-43

16/8 Glasgow L 27-51

17/8 Cradeley Heath L 27-51

Lubos Tomick:

M 6

R 21

P 20

BP 1

Ttl 21

CMA 4.00

(You also need somebody with the BSPA Handbook for 1968 - by all accounts these meetings were much better than the scores would suggest!)

I'll keep looking.

Regards

Isn't this the ultimate answer for three generations riding!!(no grandmothers involved)!!

Isn't this the ultimate answer for three generations riding!!(no grandmothers involved)!!

That is what i said.As well as the Jansson family....Joel,son Bosse(and of course Tommy)and Bo's son Jimmy(?)