British Speedway Forum
Scunny Stag

Wayne Carter Farewell Meet - Scunthorpe Sun 1 Apr

Why do they put so much water on the track before the start ? I couldnt find anywhere to stand where i didnt get covered in wet shale. Is this the Norm here ?

Guest Steve Dixon
Why do they put so much  water on the track before the start ?  I couldnt find anywhere to stand where i didnt get covered in wet shale. Is this the Norm  here ?

Always difficult to judge at Scunny, stong winds around there even on sunny days as you may have noticed.

The covering in wet shale only lasted a couple of heats then the track dried out, anyway, whats the problem? thats part of the enjoyment......... :D:D

Always difficult to judge at Scunny, stong winds around there even on sunny days as you may have noticed.

The covering in wet shale only lasted a couple of heats then the track dried out, anyway, whats the problem? thats part of the enjoyment......... :D  :D

Getting covered in krap is enjoyment ? You guys in Sunny Scunny must have some great nights out :D Couldnt they water after every 4 races ?

On Ebay you will find a 3' Teddy Bear wearing a replica Wayne Carter Farewell Meeting Race Jacket up for auction with the proceeds going to Wayne's Farewell Fund.

It is worth a bid for the (wearable) race jacket alone!!!

Teddy is as laid back as Wayne himself and is totally house trained. Very soft and cuddly and bidding would be a great way to add to the fund if you were unable to make it along on Sunday

Don't worry about postage as I'm sure he can be delivered to almost any track via a rider or two

The item number is 180103579279 > Happy bidding

Being covered in shale is and has always has been part of speedway, having been a fan for over 40 years now I always feel going to Scunny is watching a 'real' old fashioned speedway meeting where you went home covered in shale and dust! Oh the good old days!!!

Being covered in shale is and has always has been part of speedway, having been a fan for over 40 years now I always feel going to Scunny is watching a 'real' old fashioned speedway meeting where you went home covered in shale and dust! Oh the good old days!!!

Years since I was cover like that, but must admit that I deep down enjoyed it, copped a few in the face, but at least I did not get one in the mouth, like I once did when I was younger.

young junior come away even more happy as his bid for Lee  Complin's race bib was accepted at the auction, and it now sits proudly on his bedroom world with Lee's and Wayne's signature on it (Lee was his first ever favourite rider).

when the bidding 'threatened' to go above juniors limit i was going to offer to pay the difference such was his excitement and eagerness to get that jacket!the look on his face would have made it worth it.thanks to hoggy for his auctioneering skills!

Middle of the back straight is the place to be - we didn't get more than a couple of little splodges during the first couple of heats! WE found this out last year at the Dream Team meeting - when we got plastered standing on the home straight! ;):D

Edited by lupus

On Ebay you will find a 3' Teddy Bear wearing a replica Wayne Carter Farewell Meeting Race Jacket up for auction with the proceeds going to Wayne's Farewell Fund.

It is worth a bid for the (wearable) race jacket alone!!!

Teddy is as laid back as Wayne himself and is totally house trained.  Very soft and cuddly and bidding would be a great way to add to the fund if you were unable to make it along on Sunday

Don't worry about postage as I'm sure he can be delivered to almost any track via a rider or two

The item number is 180103579279 > Happy bidding

This auction will finish tomorrow (Tuesday) please get your bids in for this unique collectors item and add a bit more in to Wayne's Farewell Fund :)

Does anyone know if there is a DVD available of this meeting?

Cheers

I thought I heard it mention that they would be bringing one out.

Edited by spin king

I thought I heard it mention that they would be bringing one out.

think they water the track so much because of the food hut near the start line health and saftey reasons so i was told

think they water the track so much because of the food hut near the start line health and saftey reasons so i was told

Not sure what this has to do with DVD's.

Well done to Wayne and his committee, for put on an excellent show that I think everybody enjoyed, young junior come away even more happy as his bid for Lee  Complin's race bib was accepted at the auction, and it now sits proudly on his bedroom world with Lee's and Wayne's signature on it (Lee was his first ever favourite rider).

Would like to wish Wayne all the best and hope that he still comes down to Sheffield on Thursday.

Lovely story SK, I'm pleased for Junior, I'm sure it will be a treasure. I know the excitement of winning a race jacket at auction. I got Wayne's race jacet at Peter Carr's 25 yr Testimonial, and as luck would have it, managed to get Peter's at Wayne's.

A great day all round :rolleyes:

Just to let everyone know I spoke last night to the DVD guy who promised me the DVD will be available soon I will post more when I finally get a copy in my hands!