British Speedway Forum

Well i didn't label him a "no hoper",but i am certainly one of those that was surprised at just how well Tobi went.Throughout the past few years Tobi always done well when i saw him,but never stood out.He would finish 3rd or 4th-ish in the German U21 meetings.For me he was always behind Smoli,Hefe and Matze Schultz at least.Even when i talked to him after the stint with Oxford,he said he wanted to go into the PL.But he proved a lot of people wrong.And one thing you have to say about Tobi is he always seems to have a big smile on his face.

It was only a few years back when Smoli started at Coventry there were comments here like "Why sign a German?They have never been any good in Britain!"Well now there are a few making a mark in the EL.And the basis for a decent team in the SWC qualis in the next few years.It will be a real battle again next year for the Gelsenkirchen wild card :D

Line up so far for the last speedway meeting of the year other than indoor meetings.The Nikolauspokal at Stralsund 01.12

Mathias Schultz (Germany)

Jernej Kolenko (Slovenia)

Tobas Busch (Germany)

Rafal Kowalski (Poland)

Roberto Haupt (Germany)

Manuel Hauzinger (Austria)

Danny Knakowski (Germany)

Jesper Kristiansen (Denmark)

Marcin Sekula (Poland)

Patrick Hougaard (Denmark)

And on the 8th is the Night of Speedway at Neustadt/Dosse

Line-up

Edited by iris123

Isn't German Speedway getting boring with always the same riders :unsure: ?

Riders like Patrick Hougaard, Marcin Sekula are in almost every meeting in Germany :lol:

Isn't German Speedway getting boring with always the same riders  :unsure: ?

Riders like Patrick Hougaard, Marcin Sekula are in almost every meeting in Germany  :lol:

That is why i go up to Denmark so much :lol:

It looks very much like the line-up for last years meeting.But i guess two things happen.First the promoter uses his own riders.Schultz,Haupt,Busch,Kowalski and Hougaard are all Stralsund riders.Sekula is sponsored by some of the people over there as well.Plus you get a group of riders who you can trust will turn up and put on a good show.There is nothing worse than seeing riders in the line-up and when you get to the meeting they are not there.

It is the same with though with the Sievers family and how often they have Tero Aarnio in their meetings :P And of course Güstrow have a friendship with Holsted while Brokstedt have the same sort of thing with Outrup.So you will often get their riders at meetings.Gjedde,Bager and now Klindt at Brokstedt for instance.

But like you say,a lot of fans ask "why always the same riders?"At least next season we will have a few FIM/UEM meetings where we will see different riders :P

Found the lineup for the Indoor Speedway meeting in Schwerin

SOLO INTERNATIONAL 500CCM

2. Tero Aarnio :lol:

3. Stephan Katt

5. Tobias Busch

7. Peter Juul Larsen

8. Shane Colvin

9. Kevin Wölbert

11. Marcin Sekula :lol:

SIDECARS 500CCM

4. Immanuel Schramm / Corinna Günthör

MIKROBIKES 50CCM

1. Frederik Jakobsen

3. Nicklas Clausen

4. Lukas Baumann

:rolleyes:

See,i told you Aarnio is a regular.Unfortunately Sekula is injured and won't be riding in either Stralsund or Schwerin :P He will though be in attendance in Stralsund to help the son of his sponsor

You told him allright, set him straight! :wink:

:lol:

Todays meeting at Stralsund was cancelled due to bad weather.Lucky i chose to heed the weather forecasts and not travel

Track photos

Germany have made the shock(to me anyway) announcement that 23 year old Pfaffenhofen rider René Schäfer will be the new German team manager for both senior and junior sides!Follows on from ex World Longtrack Champ Robert Barth who didn't see eye to eye with the DMSB by all accounts

Germany have made the shock(to me anyway) announcement that 23 year old Pfaffenhofen rider René Schäfer will be the new German team manager for both senior and junior sides!Follows on from ex World Longtrack Champ Robert Barth who didn't see eye to eye with the DMSB by all accounts

23!!! :o

In that case Im going to start campaigning for Ed Kennett as the 2008 England Manager!!! :D

Not been reading the german thread (Sorry Iris) but apart from the obvious of him being so young what else can you tell us abut him? :unsure:

Well like i say he is still riding himself.Think he was a promising rider at one stage but hasn't really progressed much over the past few years.Seems like he has been acting as a youth development officer for the German authorities.Looked after the school age riders,but this is a very big step.Maybe Herman knows more about him than me.But like i say took me by surprise and i wonder how the riders like Smoli and Tobi Kroner feel about it as they have more experience than their manager :o

Well like i say he is still riding himself.Think he was a promising rider at one stage but hasn't really progressed much over the past few years.Seems like he has been acting as a youth development officer for the German authorities.Looked after the school age riders,but this is a very big step.Maybe Herman knows more about him than me.But like i say took me by surprise and i wonder how the riders like Smoli and Tobi Kroner feel about it as they have more experience than their manager :o

Those were my thoughts but I didnt want to 'diss' the young man if he was respected by his fellow country men.

Respect is earnt and I have to ask has a 23 year old earnt that respect from his riders who will no doubt be older than him.

I hope he does a good job for you and, if he has been doing youth development then he obviously has some good attributes. But will his riders accept him??

Oh and is he cute!!!?? :o:D (Not for me of course - my daughters were asking!!! :D

Edited by Sandie

OMG - he's just a baby.  :o

Could you really take him seriously managing your national team?!! :unsure:

That is the question i think a lot of people will ask.The cynical view after what happened with Robert Barth(it was reported that for instance he had to pay his own way into the SWC quali he was managing at!)is they have gone for a youngster who won't make waves.He will get an early chance to put his skills to use as Germany meet Denmark,Croatia and France here in an U19 team qualifier.So at least he will be older than the riders in the team :D