British Speedway Forum
NJT

World Under 21 Qualifier 12th May

B) anyone got any idea what uncle Len is likely to charge us at the gate for this one, plus will this be a crowd puller, or a damp squib

B) anyone got any idea what uncle Len is likely to charge us at the gate for this one, plus will this be a crowd puller, or a damp squib

According to Len in the Speedy Star, he expects to lose money tomorrow night. He also revealed that Hoddesdon will have a World U-21 semi final next season and is likely to stage the final the season after. No idea what the crowd will be like, soggy probably.

Hope there aren't any visa problems like the Sheffield meeting last year (or was it the year before) and that the Russians get to ride. If Sayfutdinov comes to terms with the track he should do well. Would be good for the sport if a young Russian can make a mark at World level.

My top 3

Tai, Batchelor, Sayfutdinov.

But Boxall will be up there if he gets in the meeting.

Edited by salty

I doubt if this will be on.

Weather

William Lawson for a top four place. :)

Looks a good line up. Some good young talent in Sayfutdinov and Ivanov and will be interesting what the Poles can do at Rye! Tressarieu is good round Rye. Looks very competitive and should get some good racing.

Poles will undoubtedly have some trouble acclimatising to the track, but it is a promising line-up. Hope Stevie B gets a chance in lieu of Frenchman no 2!

Mind you, what are the chances of running the event today? Looks a bit dodgy to me... but that's better than what I have to do tonight - sleep in a tent in a muddy field populated with lots of camping cubs. A very in-tents experience (groan!) :D

Eerrrr. Yeah.

It shows showers from 3pm till 6pm  :blink:

Showers the track can handle - heavy rain as per BBC maybe not? :wink:

Edited by BossMan

Just in case this meeting is on...is there anyone going who would be able to text updates to the updates site? If so, could you please either leave a message here or send me an email or pm.

Thanks

URGENT PLEA!!!

If there is anyone going to Rye tonight from the Kent area who has a spare seat in their car, please phone 077734 935468 asap. Would explain that I've had a phonecall this morning from LS - apparently poor old Craig Saul is stuck at an airport in the USA and can't get back in time so yours truly has agreed to step into doing the announcing. (means I've gotta have a shave now!) :lol: Cheers Bryn

Edited by Bryn

URGENT PLEA!!!

If there is anyone going to Rye tonight from the Kent area who has a spare seat in their car, please phone 077734 935468 asap.  Would explain that I've had a phonecall this morning from LS - apparently poor old Craig Saul is stuck at an airport in the USA and can't get back in time so yours truly has agreed to step into doing the announcing. (means I've gotta have a shave now!) :lol:  Cheers  Bryn

Given how critical I was of a previous Rye announcer, Ms Cheesman, I look forward to hearing how you come up to scratch, Bryn.

Given how critical I was of a previous Rye announcer, Ms Cheesman, I look forward to hearing how you come up to scratch, Bryn.

Tis some years indeed since I picked up the mic at Hoddesdon Sir Ted and as your posting seems to indicate you never heard me, I take it you're a mere whippersnapper!

:wink:

Tis some years indeed since I picked up the mic at Hoddesdon Sir Ted and as your posting seems to indicate you never heard me, I take it you're a mere whippersnapper!

:wink:

I went to my first meeting at the Rye, so I'm told, in 1974. I remember Brian Foot was my favourite rider at that time.

I still however, consider myself to be in the whippersnapper category given the age of those I attend the Rye with.

Edited by Sir Ted