British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tomazpozrl

New Points System For Gp 2007

Stupidity lies with more organisations than I ever thought.

Edited by Hazzman

And the man who thought this up, none other than the great ! slick is always best.. ole olsen ;)

Doesn't seem quite right to me but at least they didn't introduce the tactical ride where any rider more than nine points behind the leader can score double if he appears in the Black?White hat!! :lol::lol:

This is bizarre! How can you have a system where the winner of the GP doesn't neccesarily get the most points?

Still, I'm sure it's only for one year. It usually is.

You have to shake your head at such folly!

Yet another stupid Speedway situation i have to vainly attempt to explain, and justify, to the cynical massive :rolleyes:

Edited by frigbo

This points scoring system rewards consistancy not just luck of the gate pick. My only grevance is that the guys finishing last in the semis and in the final get zero my take on it would be the final points would in the region of 8,7,6,5 and 4,3,2,1 for the semis. The only other way of doing this would be the points you gain from quailfing go towards your final score and the semis and final are to seperate events with big money going to the winner.

Terry

The only thing they needed to change was giving apoint for a 3rd place in the semi.

A rider who maybe went through the meeting with a 15 point max and finishes 3rd in the semi, deserves an extra point. This would mean he would score the same as finishing last in the Grand Final.

The Grand finalists should always score the most points as they got to the final.

Scoring should be:

Grand Final

1st 25

2nd 20

3rd 18

4th 16

3rd in semi heat score + 1

4th in semi heat score only.

What makes you think that. :unsure:

Its an obsession and getting very tedious

Almost as tedious as Nicholls' imunity from the harsh reality of having to actually qualify for the GPs, but not quite.

What has this to do with Nicholls?

Everything.

In the meantime I find it's best not to encourage him :unsure:

Please explain.

I wish Nicholls would give over begging.

This is just a pathetic attempt by BSI to improve Nicholls' chances of qualifying by right. I wonder if he'll be in the qualification tournament this coming season? I doubt it - beneath his princely status. I hope this attempt fails and that once again I get to watch the terminally deluded justify the unjustifiable - it's such fun.

All the different point systems seem to have flaws, and you guys seem to be knowledgeable enough to spot them. The problem is finding the best and fairest method of finding a World Champion, and selecting riders to be seeded through for the next year.

I don't think that any rider should be seeded through not even the World Champion, saying that I don't for one minute expect things to change.

The main problem for me watching GP's is that the only race a rider has to win is the final.

I want to see every race winner rewarded, I don't want to see second place will do. Luckily most riders do have the win mentality burned into their brain.

So my idea would be to leave the points system how it is if you like but reward race winners over the series with seeded places.

One heat win = one qualification point

One semi final win=two qualification points

One final win = three qualification points

What problems would this cause do you think

Another embarrasment for speedway!! Unbelievable that the authorities have come up with a rule whereby the 'winner' of a gp will not necessarily score the most points for that round! :rolleyes:

Sub. I do wish you would give over as well as your continual sniping at Nicholls is really boring and repetitive. We all know your feelings so you have no need to keep telling us at every opportunity.

I very much doubt if Scott has done any begging to get in the 2007 G.P's as it's not his decision who is in and who is out. So he is in - hard cheese for you but good for all the British fans who will enjoy seeing him in the G.P's this year.

Edited by Gemini

Sub. I do wish you would give over as well as your continual sniping at Nicholls is really boring and repetitive. We all know your feelings so you have no need to keep telling us at every opportunity.

I very much doubt if Scott has done any begging to get in the 2007 G.P's as it's not his decision who is in and who is out. So he is in - hard cheese for you but good for all the British fans who will enjoy seeing him in the G.P's this year.

When a Nicholls failure results in his elimination, I shall, as you say, "give over".

After looking at the idea seriously, why should semi-finalists who qualify for the final get additional points?

The only change should of been if you qualify for the semi-finals, if you come 3rd or 4th you get 2 and 1 point additionally. Simple, not rocket science.

I'm not really sure why BSI and the FIM insist in introducing systems that are, at best, just going to confuse new and existing fans. What's wrong with having a fixed points system, with maybe A-D finals, and points awarded respectively? I hope that one day the authorities realise that quite often, simple is better.

As for the Nicholls debate, yes Sub, we all know your opinions. You've made very sure that we do. But last time I checked, this thread was about the points scoring system that will affect all riders, not just one. So perhaps you, and that sizeable chip on your shoulder, should find another thread to litter with your anti-Nicholls diatribes.