British Speedway Forum

Scott Nicholls and Phil Morris are the final two riders to be added, so complete lineup is :

Andreas Jonsson

Scott Nicholls

Chris Harris

Simon Stead

Joe Screen

Kaj Laukkanen

Adam Skornicki

Ryan Fisher

Jason Lyons

Gary Havelock

Shane Parker

James Wright

Kevin Doolan

Ricky Ashworth

Joel Parsons

Phil Morris

No crump a bit silly

Depends how you look at it, would of been nice to see Crump there defending his title, but Poole are the first visitors the week after.

Depends how you look at it, would of been nice to see Crump there defending his title, but Poole are the first visitors the week after.

Do you really believe that Crumpy needs any practice at any EL track? If there one place he needs no practice at all it's BV!!

In all fairness, the new promotion had very few dealings with Crump, apart from him telling them he didn't want to ride for them, so you can't really blame them for not asking him.

Than again, how do we know that Crump wasn't asked and turned the offer down?

It's also a shame with Nicholls riding that Hans Andersen couldn't have been tempted to ride. :P

Makes business sense to me. Peter Craven meeting one week, Return of the world champion the next week = 2 lots of publicity.

The opening meeting of the season usually gets a big crowd, so you're saying to them "If you've enjoyed this, come back next week - the world champion will be here"

Makes business sense to me.  Peter Craven meeting one week, Return of the world champion the next week = 2 lots of publicity.

The opening meeting of the season usually gets a big crowd, so you're saying to them "If you've enjoyed this, come back next week - the world champion will be here"

I agree it makes good business sense doing it this way. Also with Crump now no longer a BV rider no doubt he would demand an appearance fee.

I still don't think his absence will affect the crowd. A lot of fans should (I say that with a lot of hope) come back to BV due to Morton/Boocock connection.

Looking forward to a good meeting and seeing Steady beat both Nicholls and Harris round Kirky Lane.

With Ben Wilson replacing Ricky Ashworth as belle vue number 8 does that mean they will replace each other in the meeting??

With Ben Wilson replacing Ricky Ashworth as belle vue number 8 does that mean they will replace each other in the meeting??

Where is news of this.....interested to know why?

Apparently you cannot double up for more than 2 years so ricky (p/boro and poole) is now ineligable.

I'm not sure but I doubt it, would be a bit unfair taking Rickys place in the meeting after a BSPA ruling.

I imagine that, as this is an Open meeting set up by the Belle Vue management, they can invite any rider they wish or exclude from the guest list any rider they wish. That being so I cannot see Ashworth's invitation being rescinded.

Ron

With Manchester united having to replay their FA Cup does this mean that the craven will go ahead?

With Manchester united having to replay their FA Cup does this mean that the craven will go ahead?

I cant see any reason why the speedway should or would be stopped if Man Utd are now playing at home.

All the united fans come up the M6 anyway :rolleyes:

Of course it will, since when has a football match stopped a speedway meeting going ahead apart from maybe England playing in the World Cup.