British Speedway Forum

I won't be going, but as I said on the pairs thread it's a good shout to have a neutral venue. It should be shifted to a weekend or Bank Holiday.

I would like to wish all Elite League supporters to Sheffield Speedway for this meeting, all will be given a warm welcome, and enjoy the top riders in league blasting it out around the fastest track in British Speedway.

Can't wait for this one, went to Shaun Wilson's Testimonial last year but with D.J'ing on a Thursday didn't catch any more meetings last season. Sheffield is still without a doubt the Best Race Track in the Country, and I've booked the night off especially.

Probably one of the few meetings we'll catch this season except for Cardiff, Copenhagen and Malilla.

We've been made surplus to requirements at Coventry this year Presentation wise so hopefully catch up with all the Bees Fans at some of the away matches as I've taken on a new residency for Fridays now!

Just a mention if the back straight is open make sure you want to stay on it as when we went over for Shaun's testimonial once you were in you couldn't leave to go back over to main stand area. And when it rains there's no cover so you get P**s Wet Through. :D

Anyway all the Best for 2007

Catch you soon

Bart

We've been made surplus to requirements at Coventry this year Presentation wise so hopefully catch up with all the Bees Fans at some of the away matches as I've taken on a new residency for Fridays now!

Oh great! :blink:

I hope they have got a good replacement standing by because you will be a hard act to follow. :(

not a problem here, once the line up is announced i'll decide wether to take a days leave or not.....simple really

Oh great! :blink:

I hope they have got a good replacement standing by because you will be a hard act to follow. :(

It seems to be all to do with finances and the opinion that people are there to watch speedway and not to be entertained by music etc. Sandhu isn't a millionaire for nothing and if he's saving money then thats great but hopefully not at the detriment to peoples overall enjoyment of the evening. But there's no hard feelings from us, I'll always be a Bees Fan !!

The thing you've got to remember I think is as opposed to football where you see 90 mins of action, with speedway and 15 races of about 60 secs it leaves a lot of time to be filled!! And I personally think we did an excellent job over the last few seasons getting the crowd involved both with the presentation and also with providing the Entertainment for the Dinner Dance's. And even my Neil Diamond at the Stock Car World Final :oops:

To be honest I am gutted to be excluded (if you pardon the pun :D ) this year.

I'll really miss it!

Cheers

Bart

Edited by Superbart

I'm really sorry to hear that and I can't understand the reasoning behind the decision because Speedway night's at Brandon have been so much more enjoyable since you have been doing the music.

Its not just about the racing - as you say there is an awful lot of time to fill in.

I suppose that means we'll get even more waffling on from Peter York now. :P

I presume that is the end of the after-meeting discos as well? I didn't go myself due to the other half being a miserable so & so who always wants to go straight home (hope he doesn't read this!) :D but they always looked very well attended.

Surely that would be good for business at the bar etc.

Strange decision. :sad:

It's not going to be the same without the music in the bar. Atmosphere in there was never as good when there wasn't any.

Riders might be able to make Thursday night but what about the fans! A Sunday would have been far better.

For me £40 for 2 adults is too steep.

It early days but they really need to get decent sponsorship for the meetings and give the riders something to race for!

A new jawa bike which most riders end up selling on it a waste of time to them!

I guess they could always have the option of a new conservatory or double glazing!

Riders

For me £40 for 2 adults is too steep.

I agree, £40 for 2 adults is a bit steep. And why does junior price always end at age 15, when will people realise that school is compulsory until aged 16?

£55 for us, plus programmes before thinking about petrol, food etc, etc. I'm afraid its outpriced this household. :sad:

I agree, £40 for 2 adults is a bit steep. And why does junior price always end at age 15, when will people realise that school is compulsory until aged 16?

£55 for us, plus programmes before thinking about petrol, food etc, etc. I'm afraid its outpriced this household.  :sad:

New point to add to this price structure(for all speedway stadiums)is that the new leaving age for schools is now 18 as of a couple of weeks ago.so theres something new to think about.They're gonna have to put multi storey carparks at schools because most kids will now be able to drive themselves to school!!!!!!! But if at school they should pay child prices

New point to add to this price structure(for all speedway stadiums)is that the new leaving age for schools is now 18 as of a couple of weeks ago.so theres something new to think about.They're gonna have to put multi storey carparks at schools because most kids will now be able to drive themselves to school!!!!!!! But if at school they should pay child prices

Maybe this is something that Promoters need to look at or maybe even a Student rate for admission.

Edited by spin king