British Speedway Forum

Gary Havelock is Premier league for gods sake just like Compton.But Gary Havelock was asked at the beginning of the season by Chris Van Straten if he would like to be in it. Now if thats not a case of 'If your face fits' then i dont know what is!!!!!!!!

Exactly.  He just gated and went.  The bike did the rest.  Renowned for his gating skills was Shawn.  Lucky that his jet propelled starts meant that no one could ever get near enough to him to make him have to race.

Wooooosh

Just like that Lancaster Bomber last night. :D

Gary Havelock is Premier league for gods sake just like Compton.But Gary Havelock was asked at the beginning of the season by Chris Van Straten if he would like to be in it. Now if thats not a case of 'If your face fits' then i dont know what is!!!!!!!!

Don't know the answer to that one. I'd have to go along with others and say he may have got a place due to his long standing career at World Championship and EL levels? Who knows for sure! :rolleyes:

One thing he won't struggle for is pace, his bikes are as quick as anyones. His gating will have to be super sharp though. I fancy him and Lewis to really get amongst the more favoured names and ruffle a few feathers.

Fair enough. I've not seen much from him.

B)

Tai will outscore Ed.

ehhhh...no.

To reply to your previous post, did you read my post correctly??

Just to remind you Howe scored 6. Kennett guesting for Eastie 11.

And just for the record your saying Tai who probably has the same average in the PL that Kennett has in the EL is going to beat Kennett who demolished Tai in the U21 field.

If Tai does finish higher, I will eat green ants for one week. :D

This meeting should have qualifying rounds (as it used to) then no-one can argue over it's credibility as the riders would select themselves on current form. It would then truly be the current best 16 british riders in the final. I suspect that would rule out Havelock and King and include Compton and Ashworth but we will never know. If not qualification then averages should be used starting with the elite and working down through the premier and conference leagues. Because there is hardly any brits in the "elite" league, you would probably find that Andy Moore would have a stronger claim to be included rather than Gary Havelock under those rules !

Still, I might go and have a look, but they should hold an important meeting like this on a "proper" speedway track. Wolves is more "way" than "speed" !

Yes, Eddie did guest for Eastbourne at Wolves recently, scored 11 points

Wasnt 3 of those from a tactical. And Baazar your also forgetting that David had a 2min exclusion in his 1st ride. :rolleyes:

Bad news for Eddie is that he will have a 3 hour flight(plus checkin/out) back to the UK on Monday morning from Hungary. Hardly ideal preperation for an important meeting like this.

Buut come on Eddie, you can do it, and if a rider deserved it after your performances this season, it has to be you.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Bad news for Eddie is that he will have a 3 hour flight(plus checkin/out) back to the UK on Monday morning from Hungary. Hardly ideal preperation for an important meeting like this.

Here come the excuses :P:lol:

Someone should tell that to Tai. he has an English father, and Aussie mother, bt was born in the UK. He should be a Brit but wants to be an Aussie. Thats worse than being an Aussie. Its downright appalling.

He would make money money with sponsorship etc if he was a Brit, so hasn't thought it through. Probably too young to realise the benefits of being a Brit over an Aussie.

Tais mom is english not an aussie so is his dad, he is doing a good job for young british kids in this sport, when was the last time we had any Phenomenal brit kids like Tai in the 80's Kenny Carter & Micheal Lee, if you lot who are baiting him spent less time on your Computers and more time being intersted in speedway you will see the benifits Tai will bring to this sport, and as he has choosen to represent britain than you should support him lets face it what other young brits are even in the running, brit kids get no support from the control board or the bspa.

Edited by Bazski

Can't blame for picking  king instead of andre at least king has the bottle for the el unlike compton who sticks in the pl on a gate and go track like sheffield .

I've said it before and I'll say it again, if an Elite League club had talked to Andre he may have been riding in the EL but do bear in mind that his previous sojourn into that league got him dumped and replaced by Johnny Foreigner. You assume far too much.

Someone should tell that to Tai. he has an English father, and Aussie mother, bt was born in the UK. He should be a Brit but wants to be an Aussie. Thats worse than being an Aussie. Its downright appalling.

He would make money money with sponsorship etc if he was a Brit, so hasn't thought it through. Probably too young to realise the benefits of being a Brit over an Aussie.

Sue was born and bred in Scunthorpe, I'll pass on the apology Mr Shovlar - when you post it!