British Speedway Forum

Sue was born and bred in Scunthorpe, I'll pass on the apology Mr Shovlar - when you post it!

Grimsby not Scunthorpe Piccolo, and our family get really Peed off with all the negativty tai gets, because when he finds out about it he gets really dispondent, all he wants is a succesful career doing what he likes, but then all the positive things that are posted are really encouraging for him

Edited by Bazski

Ha - Kennett kicked his G.I Joe, the last time they met and that was a couple of weeks ago scoring 11 points to Howe's 6.

Just to remind you Howe scored 6. Kennett guesting for Eastie 11.

Lets get this straight

David Howe only had 3 rides and scored 6 paid 7 in those three races. The only point he dropped in the match was to Edward Kennett in heat six, losing by a bikes length.

David then won heat eight and then it heat 10 he finished second behind PK beating Davey Watt and Edward Kennett from the back

Edward Kennett scored 11 points from 6 rides and three of those were as a tactical in heat 14. The riders he beat to get these points were

Heat 3 = Theo Pjiper

Heat 6 = David Howe

Heat 7 = Will Lawson (Davey Watt ef)

Heat 10 = Last

Heat 14 = Will Lawson and Theo Pjiper as a tactical

Heat 15 = Last

IMPRESSIVE STUFF . . . :rolleyes:

If Tai does finish higher, I will eat green ants for one week. :D

ani_ant3.gif

"C'Mon BAZAAR3, I WILL HAVE YOU FOR BREAKFAST BOY !"

weather will be great monday :)

Lets get this straight

David Howe only had 3 rides and scored 6 paid 7 in those three races. The only point he dropped in the match was to Edward Kennett in heat six, losing by a bikes length.

David then won heat eight and then it heat 10 he finished second behind PK beating Davey Watt and Edward Kennett from the back

Edward Kennett scored 11 points from 6 rides and three of those were as a tactical in heat 14. The riders he beat to get these points were

Heat 3 = Theo Pjiper

Heat 6 = David Howe

Heat 7 = Will Lawson (Davey Watt ef)

Heat 10 = Last

Heat 14 = Will Lawson and Theo Pjiper as a tactical

Heat 15 = Last

IMPRESSIVE STUFF . . .  :rolleyes:

ani_ant3.gif

"C'Mon BAZAAR3, I WILL HAVE YOU FOR BREAKFAST BOY !"

No, Howe had 4 rides TNT.

Although technically he rode 3 times, a time exclusion actully counts as a nil pwoi, so its 4 rides. Hey its not Eddy's fault DH was too scared to ride against him. :P

You may say impressive stuff, but he did beat Howe which is the point I was making.

So thank you and good night. :D

And do me a favour, if you rate Eddy so badly, why don't you put him down as my 100BSF bet on your betting topic for the British Final instead of Loramski because according to you he has no chance of winning anyway, so why not eh. B)

Sue was born and bred in Scunthorpe, I'll pass on the apology Mr Shovlar - when you post it!

So his parents are British. That makes it EVEN worse if he wants to ride as an Aussie.

Let's have a statement from him pledging his allegence to the UK and Team GB for his career as a speedway rider. Then I will say I was wrong.

Until then.....................

On another note, I really hope there's not going to be a semi and final at this event. The non GP rider scoring the highest should be deemed the rider to be represented in the GP, not the winner of the final. Imagine if Stead, Kennett or Howe scored the highest in the 20 heats, only to lose out in a final or semi.

Whilst it might not mean they are the winner of the event, their scoring in the heats should count to qualfy for the berth. If Stead scored 13 points in his five heats, only to lose out to, say, Kennett in the final, that would be unfair on Stead, who proved it over 5 races rather than one.

Whilst it might not mean they are the winner of the event, their scoring in the heats should count to qualfy for the berth. If Stead scored 13 points in his five heats, only to lose out to, say, Kennett in the final, that would be unfair on Stead, who proved it over 5 races rather than one.

...but where would the drama be for your average Sky viewer?

did Sky get 'exclusivity' for this event as part of the league package? Would be good to get an event like this on terrestrial tv.

Tais mom is english not an aussie so is his dad, he is doing a good job for young british kids in this sport, when was the last time we had any Phenomenal brit kids like Tai in the 80's Kenny Carter & Micheal Lee, if you lot who are baiting him spent less time on your Computers and more time being intersted in speedway you will see the benifits Tai will bring to this sport, and as he has choosen to represent britain than you should support him lets face it what other young brits are even in the running, brit kids get no support from the control board or the bspa.

I don't give stuff where he comes from or which country he wants to represent. I'm just enjoying watching him ride for the Rockets :D

Team first, country second ;)

Edited by Shadders

I don't give stuff where he comes from or which country he wants to represent. I'm just enjoying watching him ride for the Rockets  :D

Team first, country second  ;)

Whilst that is normally the case with riders, this lad is riding in the BRITISH FINAL, and has said he will ride for Australia in his career. So he is taking a Bristish riders berth. That is wrong.

Either he commits to being a Brit, or he should not ride tomorrow.

Whilst that is normally the case with riders, this lad is riding in the BRITISH FINAL, and has said he will ride for Australia in his career. So he is taking a Bristish riders berth. That is wrong.

Either he commits to being a Brit, or he should not ride tomorrow.

As i understand it Tai has got until he is 18 before he commits to riding for whichever nation he chooses, which in my book makes him perfectly eligible for tomorrow night.

So give it a rest Steve your getting boring now.

On the subject of Andre Compton not being ambitious enough to go Elite, what we have got to remember is most of these guy's depend on this sport for their living, so maybe it's not a question of lack of ambition maybe he feels he can make a better living for him and his family plying his trade in the premier rather than the Elite,after all it's been posted on this forum on another thread where some feel the Elite is a spent force so maybe riders like Andre and Chris Neath who has also been accused of not being ambitious enough maybe....just maybe got it right.

Think its just a very serious hobby to Andre.He has a very successful Air con business and you should see the vehicles he turns up in on a Thursday night.He does love his speedway and rightly should have had a place in the british final but obviously his face doesnt fit!!!!!!!!!

No, Howe had 4 rides TNT.

Although technically he rode 3 times, a time exclusion actully counts as a nil pwoi, so its 4 rides. Hey its not Eddy's fault DH was too scared to ride against him. :P

You may say impressive stuff, but he did beat Howe which is the point I was making.

So thank you and good night. :D

And do me a favour, if you rate Eddy so badly, why don't you put him down as my 100BSF bet on your betting topic for the British Final instead of Loramski because according to you he has no chance of winning anyway, so why not eh. B)

David was replaced and therefore never came under starters orders, so he is only classed as having taken three rides, had there have been no replacement, then that would have counted as a ride.

Howe 1 - Kennett 1 - Monday will be the decider then . . . start ordering those ants !!

I rate Eddie, but not as high as many others do and feel he is over hyped at times. He can ride Monmore well, especially with some good drip on the outside, but it would be a shock if he was to win the final and just making the final will be an achievement considering the line up.

I am hoping David, Bomber and Scott make the final as then David only has to finish third in the final to get the wild card place. Would like him to win it, but those heat 13's and 15's over the last few years dont bode well, even at Monmore.

He is riding well at Wolves this year, so if he failed to finish in the top six he would be rightly disapointed with himself, but I cant see that happening tomorrow night.

Anyone got race card for this one? It will be on TV so racecard will be useful.

What's the formula this year? 20 heats + final or 20+ 2 semis and the final?

David was replaced and therefore never came under starters orders, so he is only classed as having taken three rides, had there have been no replacement, then that would have counted as a ride.

Howe 1 - Kennett 1 - Monday will be the decider then . . . start ordering those ants !!

I rate Eddie, but not as high as many others do and feel he is over hyped at times. He can ride Monmore well, especially with some good drip on the outside, but it would be a shock if he was to win the final and just making the final will be an achievement considering the line up.

I am hoping David, Bomber and Scott make the final as then David only has to finish third in the final to get the wild card place. Would like him to win it, but those heat 13's and 15's over the last few years dont bode well, even at Monmore.

He is riding well at Wolves this year, so if he failed to finish in the top six he would be rightly disapointed with himself, but I cant see that happening tomorrow night.

this is certainly David Howe's best ever chance to win the British final and get a GP wildcard all on his own track. Kennett is a better rider IMO but I think David will prevail having hometrack advantage.

I think one things for certain with this meeting, its going to be entertaining! Chris Harris is my prediction. :)