British Speedway Forum

Well here's my opinion (for the very little that it is worth!)

I went last night, really enjoyed it, thought the racing was good on a good track. Obviously towards the latter heats there was less overtaking but hey, it was still a good match on one of the best tracks in the country.

I thought David would do well, and he did. He is having a great season. Cardiff next stop. Well done to Jonathan Chapman and the organisers for putting the wild card place up for grabs. Well done to Edward Kennett, he is really improving all the time, keep up the good work. Disappointed for the Belle Vue riders, hope Joe's arm is not too bad.

Well done to Chris Harris, thoroughly deserved win, he is going from strength to strength.

Finally well done David for coming onto the forum to give your point of view of the whole thing and its great to read your post, nice one.

Thats it for now everyone coz its late and im off to bed!

Nite!

get off your high horse!!!!

did i criticise or did i state a fact?

bloody hell, these Rye House fans are touchy aren't they  :rolleyes:

B) whose on their high horse now then. a bit touchy these Lynn fans aint they :shock:

,i stood there having to look at tai woffindens van due to the way we were facing and i wasn't perticulaly happy at having to look at an aussie flag on the side of his van whilst queing to get into the british final,some tact needed mate-if your gonna ride as a brit chance the flag or if your gonna ride as an aussie don't do these meetings

Even the TWR design on the team shirts is made up from the Australian Flag.

Thanks For That TNT  :D - If Anyone Has Any Photographs From Last Night Of The Sexy7Even Please Could You Possibly Send Them Me.

Thank You To Jonathan Chapman For Showing What Speedway Really Is.

The only photo I have was with Bianca . . . Shame you didnt mention about that spare suit earlier :rolleyes:

Just like to say thanks and well done again to Jonathan Chapman on giving these meetings a touch of the 21st Century with posters, displays, side shows, good looking girls, guests etc etc.

Maybe next years project for JC is to work alongside Sam Ermolenko and Jan Staechmann about trying to promote the Elite League. Cheers for taking the photo JC and if you get Bianca a ticket for Cardiff . . you can get me one too ;)

Maybe next years project for JC is to work alongside Sam Ermolenko and Jan Staechmann about trying to promote the Elite League.

Just out of interest any idea on the attendance. It looked fuller than normal but difficult to gauge at Wolves with everyone being crammed in on the home straight stand.

I am very surprised Ed may not take up his option to qualify, to my mind this is mistake as to progress he needs to ride in the big meetings,

go there be under no pressure and you never what happens, this remionds me of his decision not to go Elite full time last year....

Shelly, i don't get to Wolverhampton but i might take you up on your offer of a picture at Sheffield !!!!!    :D

Sounds great im sure you will know where to find me.. be careful though as josh will more than likely be at that meeting LOL only joking

The only photo I have was with Bianca . . . Shame you didnt mention about that spare suit earlier  :rolleyes:

The other spare suit had a hole in it!

Edited by shelly

Very good

although the track appeared challenging.

All the best to those who had to cut the evening short due to injury

Well done Ed.

He will win Britrish finals in his career so plenty of time left. He'll ride in loads of GP's as well so he'll just have to wait a year. Still only 20.

Comparing Howe and Ed is like comparing night and day and Ed won't be judging his career on competeing with a David Howe.  Edward will challenge at the very top in the next few years, whereas David won't be anywhere near that sort of level.

NOTHING is certain! what a presumptive post!!

Whos to say that David now wont go on and establish himself as a TRUE contender?

Comparing the 2 isnt fair you are right.

David is still WAY ahead of ed, as he should be at this stage of his career and ed has a fair way to go to get to that level still.

David H00000we has been gift wrapped certain humiliation in 25 days time. Marvellous.  :rolleyes:

Enjoy your day in Cardiff, David. Next year you’ll be back in the bar with the rest of us.  :P

In your opinion.

He might just shock everyone. However as a wild card he isnt geared up fully like a GP rider is normally. YES i know our freddie got 3rd last time however that was on a PROPER track, not a man made one.

A huge experience for him.

As enjoying his day - im sure he will. However you do know now that he is in the GP qualifiers and its STILL his goal to get there.

I STILL believe he can get there, and ill gloat if he qualifies on merit.

Its one of his aims and an idiot would bet against him having a good go.

Fair play to Howe, but I can't help but think giving him a wildcard is a bit retrogressive? I think the experience would be far more useful for a youngster like Kennett. But nonetheless, well done David, you have been on top form this season.

Good god, howies not exactly over the hill. He is STILL on the way up!!!!

Nowt retrogressive about it at all.

Yes he did Loram said Howe had HTA on Sky, loud and clear for all to hear.

So what? its just another opinion.

He had a SLIGHT advantage, thats all.

thank you for all the kind messages, i'm going to the gp and who wouldn't want to ride in that?

as for the home track advantage i'm not going to insult your intelligence by saying that there wasn't any because there is a little, round wolves is no big hidden secret, its not like only we know about it, is it? Bomber has figured it out.

i suppose i was in a no win situation, if i did well its home track, if i didn't i buckled under pressure, and let me tell you i nearly did!! people kept telling me your going to win etc etc and i started to think , what am i going to do if i don't?! then after my first ride i thought stop being an idiot and enjoy it.

i'm sure i'll get slated from some parts for bits of this post but i just wanted put my side over and also to say thank you for all the great support last night it was amazing

David

David, as always a REAL and TRUTHFUL post.

Your a top bloke mate and a pleasure to speak too.

And like you say, only a SLIGHT home advantage for you then. The cov boys know it just as well!!!

There will ALWAYS be slaters on here but who cares!!!

YOUR GOING TO CARDIFF.

I was proud as punch on monday and ill be beaming from ear to ear in cardiff.

Now, go win thru them qualifiers and lets have you in the GPS!!!!!!!

No pressure of course! YOU know i know you can do it :)

Excellent post by Howie, made me all emotional. Bloody hormones!  :cry:

I too have not always been positive about Davids career but have definitely seen a different side to him this season. Firstly at Ipswich when he guested for Oxford, and the chat he had with Badge and WvsH showed me his character as a person, not a rider.  :approve:  Then last night, the whole package, both personal and professional was extremely likeable. I'll be supporting him at Cardiff whether he scores 2 points or 12!

same here LW!

The bloke is now starting to loo the whole package.

its coming!

Hoping that Kennett saying he might not do the GP qualifiers is just the disappointment of last night talking. If he is going to fulfil his potential on the world stge then he needs to get the experience of these types of meetings.

I think he means he wants to concentrate on other things at present and he will think about doing the GP qualifiers when he needs :) to.

Shame on you! Only said I'd cheer him on at Cardiff because Markie not there again!

The super7even girls was Halo one of them?

EDIT** Thought it was you Gem looking stunning as ever  :approve:

Oh right, sorry Shazzybabe-er bird!. :unsure: , yeh as you've found out Gem was one.

thought they all looked rather fetching in their super 7 wotnots. But i wish

Gem wouldn't wear her high heel boots, she bloody towers over me.

Stick to flat shoes Gem, much more sociable! :)

Edited by Starman2006

first of all i want to say well done to bomber, can't think of any other rider i want to win as much as i do him, we were talking on the podium we been through the same kind of times and the way he pulled it around in last two seasons is amazing.

thank you for all the kind messages, it meant so much to me last night because 12 months ago i found it hard to even get a second never mind in the british final and i still remember the way i felt last year and i still feel very grounded. i said all along my aim was top five because i wanted to get in the qualifiers so everything else was such a bonus, and i wasn't so happy because i was second i was happy because i'm going to the gp and who wouldn't want to ride in that?

as for the home track advantage i'm not going to insult your intelligence by saying that there wasn't any because there is a little, but what i will say is that 90% of british riders love wolves and also the track was very different to normal, there was far more grip on the outside which in effect took away the passing lines that i normally use. also the way round wolves is no big hidden secret, its not like only we know about it, is it? Bomber has figured it out.

i suppose i was in a no win situation, if i did well its home track, if i didn't i buckled under pressure, and let me tell you i nearly did!! people kept telling me your going to win etc etc and i started to think , what am i going to do if i don't?! then after my first ride i thought stop being an idiot and enjoy it.

so now i'm going to enjoy the gp, i feel for ted because i know how i felt on the start line of the final and i'm sure he was the same, and if he beats me on wed will that be called hta? no it'll just mean he was better in that race just as my good race was last night, and as its been said his time will come, he is a great asset for our future, he's a full package, can trap, race and bloody fast!! just as crumpy said let him develop at his pace don't build him up and slam him back down again, wasn't it a few years ago he was written off?

and to Philip addison thank you for that post it meant a lot and i'm pleased to say that myself and simon have well moved on from the u21 days theres a few thing i wish i could change and that is one of them.

i'm sure i'll get slated from some parts for bits of this post but i just wanted put my side over and also to say thank you for all the great support last night it was amazing

David

Good post David, top man for coming on here, as i said well done for monday

night, you rode and have rode very well this season. I won't go over board with the congrates though coming from poole!!. :)

its coming!

Best get a move on to the loo quickly then. :P

Well done David on a super performance. I forgot to mention that whilst I was sticking up for Scott for once last night. :lol:

David, as always a REAL and TRUTHFUL post.

Your a top bloke mate and a pleasure to speak too.

And like you say, only a SLIGHT home advantage for you then. The cov boys know it just as well!!!

There will ALWAYS be slaters on here but who cares!!!

YOUR GOING TO CARDIFF.

I was proud as punch on monday and ill be beaming from ear to ear in cardiff.

Now, go win thru them qualifiers and lets have you in the GPS!!!!!!!

No pressure of course! YOU know i know you can do it :)

its coming!

Get you're tongue out of his arse! :rolleyes: You'll be asking to marry him and have his babies next :lol:

Get you're tongue out of his arse!  :rolleyes:  You'll be asking to marry him and have his babies next  :lol:

Shazzy i dont think you can make babies that way, but then again ive been known to be wrong. :D

its coming!

Best get a move on to the loo quickly then. :P

trust you to read EVERY word!!!!!

Get you're tongue out of his arse!  :rolleyes:  You'll be asking to marry him and have his babies next  :lol:

yes, its terrible to be proud to support a rider.

Ill leave any reproduction to Davids lovely girlfriend :rolleyes: